🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Who Will Fight The Islamic State?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
An interesting question. I saw an interview on CNN this morning with a Jordanian official. When asked if that country would put boots on the ground he said it would provide all sorts of support, but not troops. He also made an interesting statement:

“This war against ISIL is an American idea. Not that of local governments.”

Hunh?

Anyway, read this BBC article @ BBC News - Jeremy Bowen Who will fight Islamic State

Obama Speech Leads to More Turkish ISIS Recruits @ Spike in Jihadi Recruits Follows Obama s Primetime ISIS Speech

ISIS is calling for radicalized "lone wolves" in the United States to go to the homes of U.S. soldiers and "slaughter" military personnel. This Breitbart piece links to many other sources @ ISIS Calls For Radicalized Americans To Go To Homes Of U.S. Soldiers Slaughter Them & You are being redirected...

Airstrike kills 40 Islamic State Fighters – Counting the cost of the aircraft and the bombs they dropped - along with the pilots - just how cost-worthy was this? Read more @ Airstrike kills 40 Islamic State fighters Military Times militarytimes.com

The Arab League should be fighting ISIS not the UN, the US or anybody else.

This is a ME crisis. Let those assholes use their armies to fight ISIS. Its their duty and no one elses.

We have an obligation to defend Iraq despite our coward president's idiocy. Air power and support is sufficient on our part.....remember, Iraq is a parking lot....a dozen Apache Longbows could massacre a BRIGADE of beheaders given in real time intel. They'll scram back to Syria to find their command/control a pile of smoking cinders. Let the Iraqis and Kurds do the ditch clearing....it's their land, they'll defend it when they're properly supported.

I do agree that Iraq IS our responsibility as we destroyed what unity the Baath Party had.

We broke it and, as much as I hate to say it, we have the responsibility to try to fix it.

But, it IS NOT our responsibility to try to turn it into a democracy based upon western standards. :FIREdevil:

I do agree that Iraq IS our responsibility as we destroyed what unity the Baath Party had.

We broke it and, as much as I hate to say it, we have the responsibility to try to fix it.

But, it IS NOT our responsibility to try to turn it into a democracy based upon western standards. :FIREdevil:

I fondly remember the purple thumbs on Iraqis never allowed a real choice vote before. They've taken so much abuse, so many losses, that they deserve to live free....but they ain't ready for total freedom yet. They have no institutional ties to democracy and too many parties that want to keep them in tyranny. It's never the first election that matters, it's the second one that tells the tale. Hopefully this al-Baddi character can unify the country by including the sunnis and kurds in positions of power...my God, that country could be so rich with all the oil they have....if we can help them throw out IS and unify themselves, in ten years they could be the major ME power and our trusted ally.

Forum List

Back