Who's responsible for the current high prices?

Gas was once at $5/gal before Trump. dumbass. Remember during the Obama admininstration? That's the problem with progs. They can't remember before last year.
Dude, two words: Global Pandemic.

Did you forget already?

Fuel prices are higher than they should be primarily because of insistence on grotesquely over-sized, overpowered personal transportation choices.

Gas was once at $5/gal before Trump. dumbass. Remember during the Obama admininstration? That's the problem with progs. They can't remember before last year.
I remember gas prices in the $4 dollar range during the Obama years BECAUSE speculators were pushing that price up.

And I remember the Obama Admin passing legislation that required that the oil had to physically be taken possession of before it could be resold.

That dropped the price dramatically

I remember gas prices in the $4 dollar range during the Obama years BECAUSE speculators were pushing that price up.

And I remember the Obama Admin passing legislation that required that the oil had to physically be taken possession of before it could be resold.

And yet Barry's avg price was much higher than Trump’s

Half of recent US inflation due to high corporate profits, report finds

The corporations have been quick to pass on any increases in cost, but not inclined to pass on the savings when costs went back down.

So not really inflation anymore, but greedflation.

This, my republican friends, is why capitalism requires regulation and oversight.
Pandemic, capitalism, a government that refuses to properly regulate the market and put its foot down, a government that doesn't do enough.

Another example of US corporate greed.

How Do Prices of Drugs for Weight Loss in the U.S. ... - KFF​

1714047324519.png
KFF
https://www.kff.org › health-costs › issue-brief › how-d...

Aug 17, 2023 — Semaglutide prices are higher in the U.S. than in other countries. Ozempic is more than five times as expensive in the U.S. ($936) as in Japan ...

A new analysis compares list prices for semaglutide—including Ozempic, which has been approved in the U.S. for diabetes, and Wegovy, which has the same active ingredient and has been approved for weight loss—and tirzepatide (Mounjaro) in the U.S. and other large, wealthy OECD nations.

Semaglutide prices are higher in the U.S. than in other countries. Ozempic is more than five times as expensive in the U.S. ($936) as in Japan ($169), which has the second highest list price. Similarly, Wegovy is nearly four times as expensive in the U.S. ($1,349) as in Germany ($328.)

Republicans want to keep the corporate profits rolling in.

Senate Republican bill would repeal Democratic drug ...​

1714047557690.png
The Hill
https://thehill.com › homenews › senate › 3678314-sen...

Oct 7, 2022 — Senate Republicans on Friday introduced a bill that would roll back the drug pricing reforms included in the sweeping Inflation Reduction ...

So they can keep blaming the "gubmint".

Half of recent US inflation due to high corporate profits, report finds

The corporations have been quick to pass on any increases in cost, but not inclined to pass on the savings when costs went back down.
So not really inflation anymore, but greedflation.
This, my republican friends, is why capitalism requires regulation and oversight.
The richest corporations are Democrat ran
The super rich corporations are Democrat
The people who control the most money in the private sector are Democrat
The regulation and oversight, laws, have been written by Democrats

12 of the last 16 years Democrats have controlled the White house.

Democrats have, or have essentially controlled congress the last 6 years

"Speculators?" That's the standard prog explanation whenever their standard theories fail. The reasons was that Obama shut down oil exploration. Obama's "solution" didn't do jack shit.

Progs are so fucking dumb. They believe whatever they're told.

Which was essentially interfering in business.

Oil prices only drop when demand goes down or supply goes up. That's it.

If you don't understand that then you don't understand economics and how supply and demand work.

Oil/fuel is one of the purest commodities there is. It is one of the few things that actually trades on price.

I just showed you how Obama took direct action to lower gas prices

What action did Trump take?
1714063835128.png

Forum List

Back