Why did John Kerry wait to secede to Bush?

emilseine45

Apr 4, 2023
I mean he waited all night and kept rambling on about provisional ballots. Do any of you know why he took so long to concede? Was he in disbelief and wanted to be stubborn or what?

I mean he waited all night and kept rambling on about provisional ballots. Do any of you know why he took so long to concede? Was he in disbelief and wanted to be stubborn or what?
I was in the hotel room next to the candidate. I was with principles and advisors of his campaign. I was to drive the principle who would introduce Kerry, to the stage outside the Library.

We were told, before we left the rooms, that Bush had won. I drove former Senator Cleland to the library.

I think you mean concede to Bush. Not secede.
As I recall, he finally conceded a day and a half later. There were several challenges to Ohio's count.
Most notably by Senator Claire McCaskill of Missouri...something she said she regretted later on.

Maybe he was hoping there was a chance that the disaster of Dubya's second term could be prevented. Instead we got economic collapse and the end of the world seeing the U.S. as a force for good.

Kerry waited 2 days.
Trump fake-conceded 60 days after the elections and then said nevermind, pretending there was fraud to this day despite massive court losses. And you have the nerve to criticize Kerry's 2 days.

Forum List

Back