Why do liberals like Star Trek while military people like military sci fi like Babylon 5 and BSG

I like all three, but Babylon 5 is my favorite.

Sadly, a good portion of the cast is deceased.

Well, ignoring the gross generalization in your question and just taking it at face value for its simplistic premise... and giving you, perhaps, the answer you're looking for...

Maybe it's the whole "nobody really works for money (did you ever see anyone on Star Trek get a paycheck?}, the world is one, we all work together spreading our doctrine throughout the galaxies aspect of the show...

Never was much into Star Trek, or those other shows.

However................gimmie an episode of "Firefly" or the movie "Serenity" any day of the week.

As a liberal- I loved the original Star Trek- who was growing up then didn't love the original Star Trek?

Next Generation was very good- Captain Picard- fantastic.

I also hated the original BSG- god that mechanical dog was horrible- but loved the remade version.

Maybe you just like a more dystopian future where humans are on the verge of being wiped out by machines?

Never watched Babylon 5- don't have an opinion on it.

As a liberal- I loved the original Star Trek- who was growing up then didn't love the original Star Trek?

I also hated the original BSG- god that mechanical dog was horrible- but loved the remade version.

Maybe you just like a more dystopian future where humans are on the verge of being wiped out by machines?

I was born in the mid 60's, and I never liked Star Trek.

However, like I've said, Firefly and the movie Serenity are two of my all time favorites.

Star Wars always struck me as a more realistic way as to how the Galaxy operates.

images

I was born in the mid 60's, and I never liked Star Trek.

However, like I've said, Firefly and the movie Serenity are two of my all time favorites.

Firefly and Serenity are in the same vein as Star Wars- space adventures with not much science in them.

I love Firefly and Serenity also.

Forum List

Back