Why don't I ?

mustang66

Jun 16, 2012
About 10 days ago some sack a shit dumped an old female Boxer off on my property. Took her to the vet and as I figured no micro chip. I take my lab out in the field to throw the ball.....she's a throw away to. I have this hope she'll run away but hell no she just comes back to the house. I can't blame her hell she sleeps in a 70 degree house while it's 25 outside. Two meals a day. All the no kill places are full as I figured.
I have three choices. I can keep her and double my vet bills, dog food, dog shit I have to dispose of. I can take her to the pound where they will kill her, or I could just shoot her. I just can't bring myself to shoot her or take her to the pound. I'm almost 50 .....am I turning pussy?

About 10 days ago some sack a shit dumped an old female Boxer off on my property. Took her to the vet and as I figured no micro chip. I take my lab out in the field to throw the ball.....she's a throw away to. I have this hope she'll run away but hell no she just comes back to the house. I can't blame her hell she sleeps in a 70 degree house while it's 25 outside. Two meals a day. All the no kill places are full as I figured.
I have three choices. I can keep her and double my vet bills, dog food, dog shit I have to dispose of. I can take her to the pound where they will kill her, or I could just shoot her. I just can't bring myself to shoot her or take her to the pound. I'm almost 50 .....am I turning pussy?

You are not 'turning pussy,' you just have a big heart and will do the right thing. It isn't easy, but then nothing in life is. My hat is off to you kind sir.

No, you're not turning pussy. You are demonstrating that you are a caring human being who thinks all life is valuable.

Besides.................keep the dog. When a stray finds you and decides that you are a good person to live with, they become fiercely loyal and will watch out for you.

I know. I've had a stray or two in my time.

We also had 2 puppies dumped here in the rain. They lived but I couldn't keep them. A no kill rescue took them in. This dog is I'd say around 10. She knows basic commands and is house trained. Somebody had that dog for years and dumped her. It's hard to express the hatred I have for the son of a god damned bitch who abandoned her.

You are not 'turning pussy,' you just have a big heart and will do the right thing. It isn't easy, but then nothing in life is. My hat is off to you kind sir.
Biker from Askmen is that you? No I'm not going to "dispatch" her. I'll deal with her and any health issues she has. I sure as hell won't put her out in the rain. She is a good dog and follows me everywhere. I don't know how people can be so fucked up.

Biker from Askmen is that you? No I'm not going to "dispatch" her. I'll deal with her and any health issues she has. I sure as hell won't put her out in the rain. She is a good dog and follows me everywhere. I don't know how people can be so fucked up.

Is that mean you will keep her? :)

Yes I'm sure I'll end up keeping her. I just on't understand people and how they treat the k-9s. It pisses me off to no end.

Great news mustang66! :thup:

and yes, I totally agree with you, for me is inconceivable that any so called human being would do such a cruel thing.

She's taken over my couch......well one my lab has the other :) no Unless I know she is safe she won't be going anywhere. I made the mistake of getting too attached.

Keep her. She will love you always.

She's taken over my couch......well one my lab has the other :) no Unless I know she is safe she won't be going anywhere. I made the mistake of getting too attached.

:2up: That is great to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

You did a great and kind thing, that takes both faith and courage. Your new dog and the lab will be the best of friends and you get to have a lot of licks and wagged tails in the process. Wins all around!:D

Most owners wouldn't drop off a dog they've had for 10 years.

It sounds like maybe the actual owner died and relatives dumped it off.

Forum List

Back