Why I carry a handgun, 2024

before long you guys are going to have to butter your bread with a spoon

Knife deaths US per 100,000 population - 0.6

Knife deaths UK per 100,000 population - 0.08

What were we saying about thinking?

Show them how the gun is locked in a secure cabinet when not in use with the ammo in a locked separate box. Then show them guns shouldn't be carried in public places and and pellets/bullets/shot must be contained within your own land, or the land where you were given permission to shoot. Don't let a minor hold a shell or bullet, loan the gun for them, one shell/bullet at a time. Gun safety is important.
Yeah, mostly good ideas. I live alone, and have over 220 acres. I have plenty of room for target shooting. So I normally lock up the guns except a couple shotguns and my everyday carry handguns.
As far as guns in public, even though it isn't required in my state, I hold a concealed carry permit. I helped my kids and grandkids get their training and permits.
12 years old is a good time to start gun safety training. I actually was given my first gun at 8 years old. I never allowed my kids to have a gun without supervision until they were 16. At 16 in my state they can hunt small game alone. At the same time, 18 is the age they could carry a weapon concealed in public.
Nobody in my family, or anyone I know actually, has ever had an accident.
Outside of military service, the only time I shot anyone was in self defense. That person was on my property at 2am, and pointed a weapon at me. I didn't kill them, but it was dark and my shot went in the shoulder instead of the brain. Lucky for them my sks wasn't loaded with hollow points that night.
Knocked them down, and I stopped the bleeding for the 90 minutes or so it took the sheriff to arrive.
I think you need to adjust your city slicker attitudes to allow different rules when you live like I do.

Forum List

Back