Why is it hard for you to let go of your pet conspiracy theory?

Pedro de San Patricio

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2015
Is it just fun to speculate? Does feeling like you have some suppressed and ultra-exclusive knowledge compensate for your general lack of power and knowledge? Is it just comforting to have a convenient boogeyman to blame for the problems in your life? Does it make the world seem less boring and more dramatic and exciting? What's your personal reason for sticking to it through all the debunking, mockery, and the stubborn refusal of the sheeple to just wake up already?

maybe you are right, all of us "conspiracy nuts" should just give up an go back to living "normal" lives.

HOWEVER, in the name of TRUTH, why do so many people simply accept the official story of 9/11
when in fact, the story is total fiction. Suicidal hijackers taking over airliners and using said planes as weapons.
who writes this crap? some failed paper-back novel writer?

commercial airliners do NOT make gashes in the sides of buildings as was alleged in the case of "FLT11" & "FLT175"
additionally where is the airplane at the Pentagon? or for that matter Shanksville.

The acceptance of the lie, is damaging to AMERICA that is why I do not simply give up & go away.

Dissent is the highest form of patriotism!

maybe you are right, all of us "conspiracy nuts" should just give up an go back to living "normal" lives.
Was just asking why you prefer not to.

HOWEVER, in the name of TRUTH, why do so many people simply accept the official story of 9/11
I did before entering my current profession because I didn't see a good case against it. I do now because I've seen and heard proof that the "inside job" conspiracy theory is false. I can't provide that proof to you, though, for reasons so feel free not to believe me.

The intelligence community had a vague idea that something was going to happen. It had evidence that there was at least at one time a plot to hijack commercial planes and crash them into important buildings. None of that was enough for various reasons. One important one was stovepiping. The way the community was structured and the organizations received funding encouraged each to hoard their information and prevent the other agencies from obtaining any more than was judged absolutely necessary. The fixes after 9/11 weren't much different than how we always make a law against something after someone's already died.

when in fact, the story is total fiction. Suicidal hijackers taking over airliners and using said planes as weapons.
2001 wasn't the first time it's been attempted:
Federal Express Flight 705 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Bojinka plot - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

commercial airliners do NOT make gashes in the sides of buildings as was alleged in the case of "FLT11" & "FLT175"
additionally where is the airplane at the Pentagon? or for that matter Shanksville.
Didn't it crash?

The acceptance of the lie, is damaging to AMERICA that is why I do not simply give up & go away.
K. Thank you for providing an answer.

By that logic, wouldn't rebellion be the most patriotic act?

...What's your personal reason for sticking to [your pet conspiracy theory] through all the debunking, mockery, and the stubborn refusal of the sheeple to just wake up already?

Well, I can't speak authoritatively for those who still believe in the officially authorized 9/11 conspiracy theory (the story of the 19 Arabs, some of which became expert jumbo jet stunt pilots in a matter of weeks; of highly coincidental war games that had the bulk of America's interceptors chasing false radar blips and Russian ghosts in fucking Alaska and north-western Canada; of directly preceding spikes of 600%-1,500% in put options on the very companies and Airlines involved in the events of 9/11/01 - clear indications of insider trading based on foreknowledge; and of magical "collapse" models that implicitly repeal the laws of physics; among many more self-refuting aspects of the NEOCT), but my guess is that the majority of those who are sincere in their beliefs in that regard simply haven't looked into the details of the narrative they've blindly accepted.

Speaking from direct experience, the knee-jerk reaction to reject the notion that our government has been infiltrated and is, for all intents and purposes, controlled/directed by powerful international interests with very little regard for the sanctity of human life, is a psychological defense mechanism. In the course of shifting to the full-on bat-shit, tinfoil hat-wearing 9/11Trutherism paradigm, I was forced to break down my own walls of denial.

I should also point out the fact that I wasn't born a '9/11 truther', Pedro; I became one as a result of my sincerest efforts to justify my former faith in the official narrative.

As for my reluctance to let go of this "pet conspiracy theory" of mine, it is my empathy for the victims and their loved ones that prevents me. Until I see some of the true perpetrators arrested, tried, convicted, and sentenced to walk the plank off the top of the tallest building still standing in the United States (figuratively speaking, of course), I can't let go! It's not about retribution, nor is it a matter of vindication of personal belief; it's about justice, plain and simple.

Interesting. Those things (the idea that Arabs could have done it, war games being scheduled before the attacks, the fact that stocks were being traded before and on 9/11, and the initial attempts to understand exactly how the towers fell) are what caused you to adopt what you call "full-on, batshit, tinfoil hat-wearing Trutherism" and decide that the government is infiltrated and controlled by shadowy international interests?

those last two sentences nailed it.:up:

my question for the OP is why do you loyal Bush dupes hang on to THIS wacky conspiracy theory below that 19 muslims were behind the attacks? :lmao:

talk about wearing a tin foil hat.:rolleyes-41:

You Bush dupes deal in conspiracy theories,we deal in conspiracy FACTS.not out fault the truth scares you that you feel the need to insult people cause you dont like hearing the truth.

Idaho Observer The looniest of all 9 11 conspiracy theories
So its hardly surprising that the events of Sept. 11, 2001, have spawned their fair share of these ludicrous fairy tales. And as always, there is -- sadly -- a small but gullible percentage of the population eager to lap up these tall tales, regardless of facts or rational analysis.

One of the wilder stories circulating about Sept 11 (and one that has attracted something of a cult following amongst conspiracy buffs) is that it was carried out by 19 fanatical Arab hijackers, masterminded by an evil genius named Osama bin Laden, with no apparent motivation other than that they “hate our freedoms.”

Never a group of people to be bothered by facts, the perpetrators of this cartoon fantasy have constructed an elaborately woven web of delusions and unsubstantiated hearsay in order to promote this garbage across the Internet and the media to the extent that a number of otherwise rational people have actually fallen under its spell.

Normally I don't even bother debunking this kind of junk, but the effect that this paranoid myth is beginning to have requires a little rational analysis, in order to consign it to the same rubbish bin as all such silly conspiracy theories.

These crackpots even contend that the extremist Bush regime was caught unawares by the attacks, had no hand in organizing them and actually would have stopped them if it had been able. Blindly ignoring the stand down of the U.S. Air Force, the insider trading on airline stocks (linked to the CIA), the complicit behavior of Bush on the morning of the attacks, the controlled demolition of the WTC, the firing of a missile into the Pentagon and a host of other documented proofs that the Bush regime was behind the attacks, the conspiracy theorists stick doggedly to a silly story about 19 Arab hijackers somehow managing to commandeer four planes simultaneously and fly them around U.S. airspace for nearly two hours, crashing them into important buildings, without the U.S. intelligence services having any idea that it was coming, and without the Air Force knowing what to do.
Idaho Observer The looniest of all 9 11 conspiracy theories

Last edited:
...the idea that Arabs could have done it...

If, by "the idea that Arabs could have done it", you mean, among other things, that "a pilot who couldn't handle a single-engine Cesna was able to fly a 757 in an 8,000 ft. descending 270° corkscrew turn to come exactly level with the ground" prior to hitting the Pentagon, then check.

pedro de san patricio said:
...war games being scheduled before the attacks, ...

If, by "scheduled before the attacks", you're referring, at least in part, to "the drills of hijacked aircraft being flown into buildings that were being simulated at the precise same time that those events were actually happening", then check.

...the fact that stocks were being traded before and on 9/11, ..

Oh, not just stock trading in general, we're talking a 600%+ increase in high-risk put options that involved only the companies and airlines negatively associated with the events of 9/11/01. Check.

...and the initial attempts to understand exactly how the towers fell...

Not just "the initial attempts", but the much later attempts that are still defended by NEOCT apologists to this very day. Check.

...are what caused you to adopt what you call "full-on, batshit, tinfoil hat-wearing Trutherism" and decide that the government is infiltrated and controlled by shadowy international interests?

The description, "full-on bat-shit, tinfoil hat-wearing Trutherism ", was a tongue-in-cheek allusion to the duh-bwunker crowd's default tag for the thoughts of anyone with the gall to question the veracity of the patently ridiculous official story; but then you already knew that, didn't ya'. :doubt:

To answer your question though, while the factors I mentioned don't even begin to scratch the surface of the mountain of problems with the officially authorized conspiracy theory, they were included in my reasoning for rejecting the NEOCT, yes.

My beliefs regarding the control exercised by "powerful international interests" over the US government are far more complex and largely based on circumstances and facts that are only peripherally connected to the events of 9/11/01.

my question for the OP is why do you loyal Bush dupes hang on to THIS wacky conspiracy theory below that 19 muslims were behind the attacks? :lmao:

I wasn't really a fan of Bush tbh. I accept the official story primarily because I've seen proof and been taught the reasons why the IC failed to prevent it from knowledgeable sources. I admit that I cannot provide proof of any of this though, or even tell you where and from whom I got it, so feel free to ignore that.

You Bush dupes deal in conspiracy theories,we deal in conspiracy FACTS.not out fault the truth scares you that you feel the need to insult people cause you dont like hearing the truth.
I didn't mention 9/11 specifically. I was talking about any conspiracy theory, from that to chem trails to the CERN Osiris cult to the modern day existence of the Illuminati.

One of the wilder stories circulating about Sept 11 (and one that has attracted something of a cult following amongst conspiracy buffs) is that it was carried out by 19 fanatical Arab hijackers, masterminded by an evil genius named Osama bin Laden, with no apparent motivation other than that they “hate our freedoms.”
You should read his biography one day. He was a lot of things, and caused a lot of really bad shit to happen, but I'm not sure I'd say he was "evil" really. In a way I almost pity him for how the Muslim Brotherhood stole the life he could have had and used him like they did.

These crackpots even contend that the extremist Bush regime was caught unawares by the attacks, had no hand in organizing them and actually would have stopped them if it had been able. Blindly ignoring the stand down of the U.S. Air Force, the insider trading on airline stocks (linked to the CIA), the complicit behavior of Bush on the morning of the attacks, the controlled demolition of the WTC, the firing of a missile into the Pentagon and a host of other documented proofs that the Bush regime was behind the attacks, the conspiracy theorists stick doggedly to a silly story about 19 Arab hijackers somehow managing to commandeer four planes simultaneously and fly them around U.S. airspace for nearly two hours, crashing them into important buildings, without the U.S. intelligence services having any idea that it was coming, and without the Air Force knowing what to do.
I'm pretty sure the IC has admitted to the public that they were caught with their pants down and why. I mentioned a few of those reasons above. Two chief underlying reasons were arrogance and a poor structure. Nobody thought an attack like that could ever happen. Our enemies weren't clever enough. They didn't hate us enough. The best they could do is bomb the occasional embassy and the USS Cole. It was more comfortable to fight among themselves for funding and recognition. Then 9/11 happened and we realized exactly how badly we fucked up. It caused pretty much the entire community to be gutted and rebuilt almost from the ground up with new ideas, new leadership, and a blank check.

I wasn't really a fan of Bush tbh. I accept the official story primarily because I've seen proof and been taught the reasons why the IC failed to prevent it from knowledgeable sources. I admit that I cannot provide proof of any of this though, or even tell you where and from whom I got it, so feel free to ignore that.

I didn't mention 9/11 specifically. I was talking about any conspiracy theory, from that to chem trails to the CERN Osiris cult to the modern day existence of the Illuminati.

You should read his biography one day. He was a lot of things, and caused a lot of really bad shit to happen, but I'm not sure I'd say he was "evil" really. In a way I almost pity him for how the Muslim Brotherhood stole the life he could have had and used him like they did.

I'm pretty sure the IC has admitted to the public that they were caught with their pants down and why. I mentioned a few of those reasons above. Two chief underlying reasons were arrogance and a poor structure. Nobody thought an attack like that could ever happen. Our enemies weren't clever enough. They didn't hate us enough. The best they could do is bomb the occasional embassy and the USS Cole. It was more comfortable to fight among themselves for funding and recognition. Then 9/11 happened and we realized exactly how badly we fucked up. It caused pretty much the entire community to be gutted and rebuilt almost from the ground up with new ideas, new leadership, and a blank check.

your still in denial that it was muslins. hate to break the news to you but there is no evidence that 19 muslims highjacked the planes or that an airliner hit the pentagon or the fires cause the collapse,there is however plenty that demolitions brought them down. oh and only a nut would believe bin laden was behind the attacks the fact the CIA funded him.hee hee.

america has fucked up with 9/11 by not prosecuting the real criminals behind it being the mossad,CIA,the bush administration and clinton.thats how we fucked up as you say letting these criminals in washington get off the hook and still not doing anything about it.

and you dont have to be a fan of bush to be a bush dupe,even if you dont like bush but you believe the governments fantasys on 9/11 thats being a bush dupe.lol

your still in denial that it was muslins. hate to break the news to you but there is no evidence that 19 muslims highjacked the planes or that an airliner hit the pentagon or the fires cause the collapse,there is however plenty that demolitions brought them down.
I wouldn't call it denial so much as having seen irrefutable proof and discussed that proof with people who were involved in controlling the emergency itself. That pretty much immunized me to any doubt that it came down to a major fuck up by the federal government. Well, that and seeing firsthand that the federal government just isn't competent enough to carry out that sort of false flag attack on itself.

oh and only a nut would believe bin laden was behind the attacks the fact the CIA funded him.hee hee.
We funded the Afghan mujahidin. He was a leader in it after being recruited out of university for the Muslim Brotherhood by Abdullah Azzam. Therefore you could say that we funded him, but that's not exactly the same as the common Truther accusation that we funded his anti-US terrorist group.

america has fucked up with 9/11 by not prosecuting the real criminals behind it being the mossad,CIA,the bush administration and clinton.thats how we fucked up as you say letting these criminals in washington get off the hook and still not doing anything about it.
So what you're saying is that Bill Clinton, Bush, Jr., and the CIA teamed up with Mossad to perform a suicide attack against major economic hub in one of the country's largest cities, crippling America's economy and changing its culture forever? That's more believable than the idea that a known terrorist organization (which had already attacked us multiple times in the past and even attempted to carbomb the WTC) had sent sleeper agents to hijack planes and attack key political, economic, and military targets?

Last edited:
. . .We funded the Afghan mujahidin. He was a leader in it after being recruited out of university for the Muslim Brotherhood by Abdullah Azzam. Therefore you could say that we funded him, but that's not exactly the same as the common Truther accusation that we funded his anti-US terrorist group. ...

Sorry, but in light of covert US support of AQ-affiliated terrorists in the Balkans back in 2001 (just prior to 9/11), the blowback theory doesn't work.

As noted HERE:
[. . .]
  1. Two months before 9/11, US mercenaries on contract to the Pentagon were working hand in glove with jihadist terrorists affiliated to al Qaeda. This in itself is of crucial significance because it refutes “the theory of the blowback”. The latter was used profusely by the media in the wake of 9/11 to the effect that while Al Qaeda had been supported by the US in the heyday of the Soviet-Afghan war, it had indelibly turned against its US sponsors. “We helped them [al Qaeda] and they went against us.” This argument was used to uphold the notion of the “outside enemy” which threatened America on September 11, 2001. What is documented in this July 2001 article is that two months before 9/11, the US military was firmly behind the Al Qaeda affiliated terrorists in Macedonia. Visibly the blowback theory is a lie. Al Qaeda is a construct of US intelligence.
  2. In 2001, the US was officially waging a war against terrorism in the Balkans while providing weapons and money to the Al Qaeda affiliated brigades.
  3. While Washington supplied National Liberation Army (NLA) terrorists with brand new weapons “Made in America,” some 3000 heavily armed NATO troops were given the mandate to “disarm the rebels” and enforce the cease-fire. Code-named “Essential Harvest,” this bogus “peacekeeping” operation under British command was intended to weaken the Macedonian Armed Forces and destabilize national institutions.
Documented beyond doubt, Washington was behind the terrorist assaults in Macedonia. While Secretary of State Colin Powell reaffirmed America’s resolve to “combat terrorism,” US military advisers were fighting alongside the NLA terrorists. ...

Emphasis mine.

A certain group of marionettes in Washington has a long and storied history of creating, arming, and funding 'the boogeyman' (from the precursor of the Taliban to ISIS/ISIL). Only the densest of the dense haven't figured that one out yet. :rolleyes:

Okay. I'll go with what I've been taught, seen, and heard. You can go with what you've read and made up. This wasn't an argument thread so much as simply asking why you believe what you do.

Sorry, but in light of covert US support of AQ-affiliated terrorists in the Balkans back in 2001 (just prior to 9/11), the blowback theory doesn't work. As noted HERE...

And predictably, HERE just happens to be a well known Conspiracy Theory website owned and operated by a notorious Canadian CT whack. The reason the Capstones of the world must employ fringe sources is that the truth, the whole truth, and nuttin' but the truth just doesn't support their CT silliness so the loony CT circle-jerk goes round and round. WooHoo.

Okay. I'll go with what I've been taught, seen, and heard. You can go with what you've read and made up. This wasn't an argument thread so much as simply asking why you believe what you do.

Many (or most) who subscribe to 9/11 CTs also believe in all and every CT that rolls off their press. They seem to have serious issues with reality, anger, and a sense of powerlessness. As it turns out, many use CT belief to camouflage their queasy sense that the Jews are actually alien reptiles (or Masons, or Illuminati, or Global Bankers, or Whatever) who use mind-control to make us their slaves. Yeah, I know, but when squeezed you wouldn't believe what oozes out of them. Considering your measured tone I suspect you may already know all this but are being diplomatic.

Pedro de San Patricio said:
...You can go with what you've read and made up. ...

In terms of my interpretations of the facts I've mentioned in this thread, I haven't "made up" a thing. Go on, challenge me on any one of them.

As far as what I've read goes, the writer of the article linked to in my last post is a world-reknowned scholar, economist, and widely respected commentator on geopolitical affairs. He has a flair for getting at the truth, no matter who it pisses off, which, of course, has made him a target of baseless ad hominem (usually by apologists for the US's perpetually unconscionable foreign policies and endless wars) for as long as he's been at it. Ironically, discerning observers tend to take such vacuous criticisms of Prof. Chossudovsky and his wonderfully informative site...as shining endorsements! :laugh:

...This wasn't an argument thread so much as simply asking why you believe what you do.

You questioned me WRT my initial post in this thread - a post that thoroughly answered the question posed in the OP, BTW. This you did, in part, by misrepresenting some of the factors I'd listed.

Beyond calling you out on that bullshit, I only pointed out the US support of AQ-affiliated forces in the Balkans back in 2001 because you seemed to be promoting the long-dispelled blowback myth in your counter response to 911ij.

If you're not prepared to argue (or you simply don't want to), then I suggest that you stop misrepresenting and/or counter responding to others' stated beliefs/posts.

In terms of my interpretations of the facts I've mentioned in this thread, I haven't "made up" a thing. Go on, challenge me on any one of them.
Nope. There's not a lot I'm willing say that I already haven't. :)

As far as what I've read goes, the writer of the article linked to in my last post is a world-reknowned scholar, economist, and widely respected commentator on geopolitical affairs. He has a flair for getting at the truth, no matter who it pisses off, which, of course, has made him a target of baseless ad hominem (usually by apologists for the US's perpetually unconscionable foreign policies and endless wars) for as long as he's been at it. Ironically, discerning observers tend to take such vacuous criticisms of Prof. Chossudovsky and his wonderfully informative site...as shining endorsements! :laugh:
This is unclear. Did you mean to imply that he said all of this about himself?

You questioned me WRT my initial post in this thread - a post that thoroughly answered the question posed in the OP, BTW. This you did, in part, by misrepresenting some of the factors I'd listed.
I asked for you to confirm I had a correct understanding of what you said and elaborate a little further. I also answered your questions to me. I did all of this with the other CTers' posts as well. They understood and chose to answer my questions and leave it at that. That's all this thread was really about.

Beyond calling you out on that bullshit, I only pointed out the US support of AQ-affiliated forces in the Balkans back in 2001 because you seemed to be promoting the long-dispelled blowback myth in your counter response to 911ij.
This explanation is widely known throughout the community. It's also widely known that engaging conspiracy theorists is more or less pointless. Simply put, they just don't have sufficient information or analytical training to piece everything together. There are good reasons for this, and almost all are most likely never going to seek it out anyway. It's still fun (at least to me) to see what kinds of things they can come up with.

If you're not prepared to argue (or you simply don't want to), then I suggest that you stop misrepresenting and/or counter responding to others' stated beliefs/posts.
You seem to misunderstand. My replies to your questions aren't "counter responses". They're answers for your questions, comments on your statements, and explanations of things of which you seem to have an inaccurate understanding that I can discuss.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back