Why Shouldn't We Have A Myanmar Styled Coup In The US??

Given that the Swiss are often unable to speak to one another due to the many different languages spoken, they do tend to create enclaves geographically. But you knew this.

Sharing a language and living with others that speak your language is not enough to create a locality whose views are uniform (homogeneous). Referendums abound throughout Switzerland on issues like budget and spending. Looking at voting results will show that many issues demonstrate citizens in the same locality are frequently voting against one another. The majority determines what actions will be taken and not everyone is happy.

That Switzerland has a no-bailout policy for Cantons and local governments usually means that Swiss voters have done some research before voting and demand transparency and accountability of their politicians.

Something that we should do here.

I can agree with that, but I seriously doubt it will ever happen. I think splitting the country into multiple parts has a greater chance than having average voters actually research issues thoroughly.

Our declining education system hasn't helped us in enabling our citizens to do the research needed but I'm afraid that dividing our country only adds to our woes.

Why would it add to our woes?

You need to prove your identity for so many reasons: to cash a check, deal with most government institutions including the IRS (which affects everybody), get a job, buy alcohol or cigarettes, go to a hospital, and so many other reasons that affect all our lives.
So what? Red herring.
The claim that requiring ID to vote is an unnecessary and restrictive burden on voters is pure bullshit.
False. And stop complaining to me... go complain to the people writing and pushing these laws, who are doing it only for that exact reason.

You can show no significant in-person voting fraud that would necessitate these laws. So, we don't need them anyway.

You know, you aren't fooling anyone. I know you aren't pushing these laws to "secure elections". Do you think ANYONE buys that act?

Given that the Swiss are often unable to speak to one another due to the many different languages spoken, they do tend to create enclaves geographically. But you knew this.

Sharing a language and living with others that speak your language is not enough to create a locality whose views are uniform (homogeneous). Referendums abound throughout Switzerland on issues like budget and spending. Looking at voting results will show that many issues demonstrate citizens in the same locality are frequently voting against one another. The majority determines what actions will be taken and not everyone is happy.

That Switzerland has a no-bailout policy for Cantons and local governments usually means that Swiss voters have done some research before voting and demand transparency and accountability of their politicians.

Something that we should do here.

I can agree with that, but I seriously doubt it will ever happen. I think splitting the country into multiple parts has a greater chance than having average voters actually research issues thoroughly.

Our declining education system hasn't helped us in enabling our citizens to do the research needed but I'm afraid that dividing our country only adds to our woes.

Why would it add to our woes?
Breaking the U.S. into smaller parts would only add to our discord. The smaller "parts" would most likely be involved in a cold war, with each part unwilling to see the other succeed. Countries like China and Russia would do everything in their power to fuel animosity and rivalry between the parts and unholy alliances would be formed to inflict hardship on the rivals.

You need to prove your identity for so many reasons: to cash a check, deal with most government institutions including the IRS (which affects everybody), get a job, buy alcohol or cigarettes, go to a hospital, and so many other reasons that affect all our lives.
So what? Red herring.
The claim that requiring ID to vote is an unnecessary and restrictive burden on voters is pure bullshit.
False. And stop complaining to me... go complain to the people writing and pushing these laws, who are doing it only for that exact reason.

You can show no significant in-person voting fraud that would necessitate these laws. So, we don't need them anyway.

You know, you aren't fooling anyone. I know you aren't pushing these laws to "secure elections". Do you think ANYONE buys that act?

Much of the world requires identification of its citizens in order to vote.

Why are you so racist and feel that Blacks are too stupid and unable to get an ID? The fact is they aren't and the vast majority already have ID.

You are a clown.

So what? Red herring.

Why are you so racist and feel that Blacks are too stupid and unable to get an ID? The fact is they aren't and the vast majority already have ID.

You are a clown.

Fact is you lost by 7 million votes and your party has been rejected in 7 of the last 8 presidential elections. Trump`s AG and head of Homeland Security said the election was as honest as it can be. Why do you want to harass poor people? Do you think that all of Trump`s trailer trash have IDs? Be careful what you wish for.

So what? Red herring.

You are a clown.

Fact is you lost by 7 million votes and your party has been rejected in 7 of the last 8 presidential elections. Trump`s AG and head of Homeland Security said the election was as honest as it can be. Why do you want to harass poor people? Do you think that all of Trump`s trailer trash have IDs? Be careful what you wish for.

I couldn't care less about Trump and didn't vote for him, although I love many of his policies.

Quick questions. Are the poor too stupid to get an ID??? And why does most of the world (including poor countries) require voters to show identification in order to vote??

So what? Red herring.

So, are you admitting that mail-in voting might have significant fraud?

There is fraud in every election. The bigger question is, is the fraud significant enough to turn an election. See 1960 Presidential Election.

So what? Red herring.

You are a clown.

I couldn't care less about Trump and didn't vote for him, although I love many of his policies.

Quick questions. Are the poor too stupid to get an ID??? And why does most of the world (including poor countries) require voters to show identification in order to vote??

Quick questions: Why would someone risk jail, fines and possible deportation just to vote? How would voter ID stop this man from trying to obtain a ballot for his long dead mother?

So what? Red herring.

You are a clown.

Quick questions: Why would someone risk jail, fines and possible deportation just to vote? How would voter ID stop this man from trying to obtain a ballot for his long dead mother?

Start by answering my questions and then I'll be only too happy to answer yours.

So what? Red herring.

You are a clown.

Start by answering my questions and then I'll be only too happy to answer yours.

Other countries may have instituted voter ID because they have a history of crooked dictators stealing the presidency.
If and when it becomes a problem here we`ll deal with it. Meanwhile, you just want to fuck with poor people for some bizarre reason. I wouldn`t be surprised to learn that most of them don`t vote at all. Voter fraud is a non issue here.

“It should happen,” Flynn declared of the violent, deadly military coup at a wild QAnon conference in Dallas for “patriots.”

Avowed QAnon disciple and confessed felon retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn has called for a Myanmar-like military coup in America.

“It should happen,” Donald Trump’s former national security adviser said in an astonishing declaration at a QAnon conference Sunday.

Myanmar’s military violently seized control of the country from its civilian government in late January, detained democratically elected leader Aung San Suu Kyi and top party members, and killed more than 700 protesters as of early this month. The military justified its action by claiming unproven “election fraud.”

Flynn presented his dark vision of a military coup and dictatorship in the U.S. in response to a question from the audience at the conference.

″I wanna know why what happened in Myanmar can’t happen here?” an unidentified member of the audience asked Flynn, though he pronounced the nation as “Minnimar.”

“No reason,” Flynn responded to wild screams of approval. “It should happen.”

Michael Flynn sounds like a deranged man. We are living in dangerous times. Personal safety and American democracy are both in great danger from domestic terrorists.

first off...FLYNN was railroaded by our corrupt FBI and DOJ. Lets stop pretending that he is a criminal.

Secondly, nothing Flynn said was wrong.

So, you want to commit treason then?

How do you commit treason against a corrupt government--especially one that committed election fraud? It's actually the opposite...supporting such a government is the treason....(but atlas you would have to have a moral compass to figure this out.)

Secondly, again---nothing flynn said was wrong.

Because treason is treason no matter how corrupt the government is.

And the government is corrupt, but you don't try and CHANGE how the government works.

Every time I mention Proportional Representation as the best form of voting, because the LEAST CORRUPT COUNTRIES on this planet use it (not a coincidence), I get right wingers talking about how democracy is "mob rule"

Most don't care about the corruption, they don't care about the lack of democracy. They only care when they LOSE. This is just "boo hoo, mommy, I lost, make him give it me back" bull.

Bullshit. It’s more of democrats don’t care about rules and laws as long as they WIN.
That’s why they’re not at all curious about the obvious anomalies in the election.

“It should happen,” Flynn declared of the violent, deadly military coup at a wild QAnon conference in Dallas for “patriots.”

Avowed QAnon disciple and confessed felon retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn has called for a Myanmar-like military coup in America.

“It should happen,” Donald Trump’s former national security adviser said in an astonishing declaration at a QAnon conference Sunday.

Myanmar’s military violently seized control of the country from its civilian government in late January, detained democratically elected leader Aung San Suu Kyi and top party members, and killed more than 700 protesters as of early this month. The military justified its action by claiming unproven “election fraud.”

Flynn presented his dark vision of a military coup and dictatorship in the U.S. in response to a question from the audience at the conference.

″I wanna know why what happened in Myanmar can’t happen here?” an unidentified member of the audience asked Flynn, though he pronounced the nation as “Minnimar.”

Michael Flynn sounds like a deranged man. We are living in dangerous times. Personal safety and American democracy are both in great danger from domestic terrorists.

first off...FLYNN was railroaded by our corrupt FBI and DOJ. Lets stop pretending that he is a criminal.

How do you commit treason against a corrupt government--especially one that committed election fraud? It's actually the opposite...supporting such a government is the treason....(but atlas you would have to have a moral compass to figure this out.)

And the government is corrupt, but you don't try and CHANGE how the government works.

Every time I mention Proportional Representation as the best form of voting, because the LEAST CORRUPT COUNTRIES on this planet use it (not a coincidence), I get right wingers talking about how democracy is "mob rule"

Most don't care about the corruption, they don't care about the lack of democracy. They only care when they LOSE. This is just "boo hoo, mommy, I lost, make him give it me back" bull.

Bullshit. It’s more of democrats don’t care about rules and laws as long as they WIN.
That’s why they’re not at all curious about the obvious anomalies in the election.

They are not curious because they know the election was stolen.

So what? Red herring.

You are a clown.

Other countries may have instituted voter ID because they have a history of crooked dictators stealing the presidency.
If and when it becomes a problem here we`ll deal with it. Meanwhile, you just want to fuck with poor people for some bizarre reason. I wouldn`t be surprised to learn that most of them don`t vote at all. Voter fraud is a non issue here.

Thank you for your answer but it is wrong. The fact that all 47 European countries require identification to vote (UK just passed a voter ID law) as well as Japan and New Zealand, etc. and most have no apparent history of dictators stealing elections. Sweden, Norway and Finland don't seem to have that history. Holland, Belgium, and France don't have that history either. Japan, New Zealand and others don't have it either. So sorry, voter ID laws have nothing to do with dictators.

You asked: Why would someone risk jail, fines and possible deportation just to vote? Put aside the issue of illegal aliens voting and simply look at Americans willing to go to extreme lengths to support a political party or if elected, to accept bribes and commit fraud:

Why not create an easily verifiable means to protect voting integrity?

As for the poor, so many other activities require them to show identification. Are those other activities also "fucking with the poor"?

I get the feeling it doesn't matter what I say, you'll attack democrats and defend republicans no matter what.

Do you support Proportional Representation?

I get the feeling it doesn't matter what I say, you'll attack democrats and defend republicans no matter what.

I don’t support republicans, per se.
The democrat party has been hijacked by marxists for decades. It’s now reached critical mass. They are an enemy of the US. Republicans, at least as a matter of policy, do not support the overthrow of the US by Marxism.
Proportional representation is moot with marxists having undermined the election process.

So what? Red herring.

You are a clown.

Thank you for your answer but it is wrong. The fact that all 47 European countries require identification to vote (UK just passed a voter ID law) as well as Japan and New Zealand, etc. and most have no apparent history of dictators stealing elections. Sweden, Norway and Finland don't seem to have that history. Holland, Belgium, and France don't have that history either. Japan, New Zealand and others don't have it either. So sorry, voter ID laws have nothing to do with dictators.

You asked: Why would someone risk jail, fines and possible deportation just to vote? Put aside the issue of illegal aliens voting and simply look at Americans willing to go to extreme lengths to support a political party or if elected, to accept bribes and commit fraud:

Why not create an easily verifiable means to protect voting integrity?

As for the poor, so many other activities require them to show identification. Are those other activities also "fucking with the poor"?

Yes, put aside the issue of illegal aliens voting because Trump`s Voter Fraud commission failed to find any and the Commission folded. Do you really think that illegals are walking hundreds of miles in the desert to come here and vote?

The democrat party has been hijacked by marxists for decades. It’s now reached critical mass. They are an enemy of the US. Republicans, at least as a matter of policy, do not support the overthrow of the US by Marxism.
Proportional representation is moot with marxists having undermined the election process.

The Democrat Party and the Republican Party are TOO BIG.

The reality is the US should have at least 6 political parties. Same in the UK. The Labour Party has Marxists, the Tories have fascists.

Proportional Representation would actually allow for proper parties that actually represent SOMETHING.

Voter IDs are hardly an issue any more.

The more recent GOP disenfranchisement efforts revolve around removing legal voters and making voting as difficult as possible...but the Republicans hate talking about THAT

The Democrat Party and the Republican Party are TOO BIG.

The reality is the US should have at least 6 political parties. Same in the UK. The Labour Party has Marxists, the Tories have fascists.

Proportional Representation would actually allow for proper parties that actually represent SOMETHING.

we have proportional representation in the house and most lower chambers in state Govt.

It’s proportional to the population

what you are advocating is doing away with the two party system. Which is unlikely due to the years we have had it. With that said other parties can form and run.

The advantage of the two party system is that it forces the people to compromise of each wing of the parties.

The Supreme Court`s Citizen`s United Decision pretty much killed the chances of a third party being competitive in our elections. Trump and Biden combined raised nearly $2 billion dollars. The Greens raised $1.95 or so. Maybe 10 bucks.

Forum List

Back