Why won't democrats admit Iraqi invasion was a mistake?

Most Democrats in Congress voted against the invasion.

Robert Byrd actually made a very passionate case for not invading. I wonder who else that video misrepresented?
Otherwise, this was the vote from the House.

US House of Representatives -
Democratic
Yea: 81
Nay: 126
Not Voting:4
Total: 211

US Senate -
Democratic
Yea: 29
Nay:21
Note voting: 0
Total: 50
Republican 48
Yea: 1
Nay: 0
Independent: 1 (Bernie Sanders)

Oct. 2002 Congressional Votes Authorizing the President to Use Military Force Against Iraq - US - Iraq War - ProCon.org

Most Democrats in Congress voted against the invasion.

Robert Byrd actually made a very passionate case for not invading. I wonder who else that video misrepresented?
Otherwise, this was the vote from the House.

US House of Representatives -
Democratic
Yea: 81
Nay: 126
Not Voting:4
Total: 211

US Senate -
Democratic
Yea: 29
Nay:21
Note voting: 0
Republican 48
Yea: 1
Nay: 0
Independent: 1 (Bernie Sanders)

Oct. 2002 Congressional Votes Authorizing the President to Use Military Force Against Iraq - US - Iraq War - ProCon.org

126 insignificant democrats shouldn't count for anything. The party itself endorsed the war since its most influential people pushed for it and that is a fact.

Slowly the Republicans will flip the narrative and find a way to blame the Iraq war on the Democrats.

Slowly the Republicans will flip the narrative and find a way to blame the Iraq war on the Democrats.

No one is flipping the narrative here. I just get tired of democrats acting like their shit don't stink and every time an error is made it is the other party that did it. The fact is the democratic party thought the same thing as the republican party about the existence of WMDs. The leading candidate of the democratic party has publicly agreed with George W. Bush on WMDs. She and her husband thought the same thing.

Are you aware it was the democratic party pushed for both Korea and Vietnam? Yet, by the way history is often taught in schools, you would think it was all republicans who did it. That wasn't true at all.

Forum List

Back