Will Apple Buy an Israeli Navigation App?

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
The internet is ablaze with rumors that technology giant Apple is about to purchase an Israeli start-up.

According to reports on Wednesday on technology website TechCrunch and Israeli website NewsGeek, Apple Inc. is in talks to buy the popular navigation app Waze, developed by Israeli start-up Waze Mobile, for $400 million.

395290.jpg

Waze Mobile, founded in 2009, offers an application for smartphones, tablet computers, and in-car systems that provides navigation on roads in Israel and several other countries.

The application also provides information on traffic congestion, police patrols, accidents, stuck vehicles and speed cameras provided by users who belong to this social network.

If the report turns out to be correct, this will not be the first acquisition bid for Waze, reported Globes. It was reported in August that Facebook was in talks to buy the Israeli company. Waze already has a form of collaboration with Apple, as together with navigation device and software company TomTom it provides traffic updates, and apparently also maps, for Apple's navigation program.

Source: Arutz7

Tech-Toddlers

Waze is terrific, and Apple continues to create nice waves in the new age tech market.

Let's face it, the Apple iPod is the new Sony Walkman, and the Flash Drive has replaced the compact audio cassette.

In the 1980s, a stockbroker would walk to work with a Walkman playing a tape of classic music. Today, the stockbroker carries and iPod listening to jazz mp3s.

Apple is able to branch out and reach social 'realms,' simply because it invests heavily in 'user-friendly art.'

:afro:

Waze (Wikipedia)

cassette-robots.jpg

iWatch[1].jpg

With iNakba, Palestinians delve into their history

The free iNakba app for iPhones was made available last week by Zochrot, a pro-Palestinian Israeli group based in Tel Aviv. Since then, there have been 12,000 downloads. (An Android version is coming soon, the group says).

The app shows a Google map of Israel covered with hundreds of brown pins, each representing one of the depopulated Palestinian villages that exist today as, for example, an empty hilltop, a rubble pile, an olive grove, a prison, a ruin or an Israeli town.

Tap a pin, and the name of the old village appears. Tap the name, and a photograph of the site follows, with a screen of information: estimated Palestinian population in 1948, the Israeli military unit that occupied the village, its fate and so forth.

With iNakba Palestinians delve into their history - The Washington Post

The free iNakba app for iPhones was made available last week by Zochrot, a pro-Palestinian Israeli group based in Tel Aviv. Since then, there have been 12,000 downloads. (An Android version is coming soon, the group says).

The app shows a Google map of Israel covered with hundreds of brown pins, each representing one of the depopulated Palestinian villages that exist today as, for example, an empty hilltop, a rubble pile, an olive grove, a prison, a ruin or an Israeli town.

Tap a pin, and the name of the old village appears. Tap the name, and a photograph of the site follows, with a screen of information: estimated Palestinian population in 1948, the Israeli military unit that occupied the village, its fate and so forth.

:boohoo: :boohoo:

The internet is ablaze with rumors that technology giant Apple is about to purchase an Israeli start-up.

According to reports on Wednesday on technology website TechCrunch and Israeli website NewsGeek, Apple Inc. is in talks to buy the popular navigation app Waze, developed by Israeli start-up Waze Mobile, for $400 million.

395290.jpg

Waze Mobile, founded in 2009, offers an application for smartphones, tablet computers, and in-car systems that provides navigation on roads in Israel and several other countries.

The application also provides information on traffic congestion, police patrols, accidents, stuck vehicles and speed cameras provided by users who belong to this social network.

If the report turns out to be correct, this will not be the first acquisition bid for Waze, reported Globes. It was reported in August that Facebook was in talks to buy the Israeli company. Waze already has a form of collaboration with Apple, as together with navigation device and software company TomTom it provides traffic updates, and apparently also maps, for Apple's navigation program.

I thought Google bought it for a over a billion a few years ago :dunno:

395290.jpg

Look at the fate the OP was posted

395290.jpg

Look at the fate the OP was posted
Oooooh that explains it.

Waze is amazing and I think by far the best navigation app out there. Especially when you're trying to avoid traffic. The only problem I have with it is that it doesn't give you as much warning as the other navigation devices do, to turn or exit. Hopefully apple will be able to fix that problem.

Kudos to Israeli ingenuity!

Waze is amazing and I think by far the best navigation app out there. Especially when you're trying to avoid traffic. The only problem I have with it is that it doesn't give you as much warning as the other navigation devices do, to turn or exit. Hopefully apple will be able to fix that problem.

Kudos to Israeli ingenuity!
Agreed. It has helped me countless times when I got lost. It's also helped me avoid getting a ticket with the Police warning.

I'll admit I've never tried waze, but I think Google Maps does just as good if not better in some ways.

iNakba, funny. And totally off the topic.

All unsubstantiated propaganda of course, but the islamomorons will never admit this will you.............

I'll admit I've never tried waze, but I think Google Maps does just as good if not better in some ways.

iNakba, funny. And totally off the topic.

iNakba. Now that's some funny Shi'ite.

Forum List

Back