Will unions have any impact on the general election cycle?

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Without doubt, union membership and union clout have been waning.....Nonetheless, there are millions of union members who have seen their standard of living decline and their benefits vanish.

Given the current stance on such issues as minimum wage increases or retirement pensions, etc., my question is simply this......

Will unions have an impact on this upcoming general election in such states as Wisconsin, Illinois, California, Ohio, etc.???

Without doubt, union membership and union clout have been waning.....Nonetheless, there are millions of union members who have seen their standard of living decline and their benefits vanish.

Given the current stance on such issues as minimum wage increases or retirement pensions, etc., my question is simply this......

Will unions have an impact on this upcoming general election in such states as Wisconsin, Illinois, California, Ohio, etc.???
I was a union member for 10 years as a state employee, and the union PESTERED the ever loving shit out of me during election time to vote Democrat. I suppose most are the same; they are well organized and they find your phone number even when you pointedly leave it off your union application paperwork. They spend plenty. I got many more calls and flyers from the union than the candidates in the last two elections. Unions still matter.

Forum List

Back