Worst ratings since 9/11

So they are still crushing the competition.

but since it's just manslaughter and not first degree homicide

liberals think they have won something

:lmao:

The only "competition" ratings involve is the channel's own competition between what it can charge this quarter versus what it could charge last quarter. It has nothing to do with "liberal" or "conservative" ideology. That's not what ratings measure. They measure attention.

Just as a line of cars rubbernecking to see the overturned tractor-trailer in the other lane doesn't mean all those people "agree" with the idea of having traffic accidents. It means their attention is drawn to it. So if Fox Noise is getting lower ratings, it's because fewer people are paying attention. It's not because fewer people "agree". What sells attention is drama and conflict and angst and raw fear, all of which have been Fox's main ingredients that gave them the success they have had to now. If their ratings are dropping, then what it means is that they're slipping at that job of selling fear.

Think about it. "Ideology" is not what any of those channels are on the air for. Ideology doesn't pay anybody's bills. They exist to make a profit, not to serve you the viewer.
You make profits by selling ads, and you sell those ads by garnering attention. To pretend it works on some other amorphous ideological level is just a basic ignorance of how broadcast ratings work and what they're there for.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Is Pogo upset? :boohoo:

Pogo simply knows how to read. :asshole:

Say, how's that racism definition coming along? Any luck yet?

Dipshit.

It's a telling sign that at least some Foxpologists are so enslaved to their televisual oracle that they develop a literally emotional relationship with ...a television channel of all things. So personally do they take a documented plummet in the channel's ratings that they lash out at those who report the numbers, those who interpret the numbers, and even cry "racism" when the demographics are brought up. Despite the fact that they are those demographics.

It's a sad state of affairs to not only live in a Bubble but actually make it into a codependent emotional crutch. And ironic that what the demographics say are crochety old white men act like five-year-olds in getting defensive about that pacifier. At this level of irrationality, I guess some of the political conclusions they come to should not come as a total surprise.

This emotional relationship with a television channel just underscores the previous point on how Fox Noise makes its noise: by selling emotion. Fear and loathing on the TV cable. Garish studio colors, bimbo hosts in miniskirts, suggestive chyrons and coming up, yet another story about how "they're coming to get you". Emotion is the mayonnaise Fox puts on the fast food of its presentation. This is what happens when the barker says "step right up, buy some emotion" and the viewer says, "duh-- OK". Emotional basket case.

Last edited:

The only "competition" ratings involve is the channel's own competition between what it can charge this quarter versus what it could charge last quarter. It has nothing to do with "liberal" or "conservative" ideology. That's not what ratings measure. They measure attention.

Just as a line of cars rubbernecking to see the overturned tractor-trailer in the other lane doesn't mean all those people "agree" with the idea of having traffic accidents. It means their attention is drawn to it. So if Fox Noise is getting lower ratings, it's because fewer people are paying attention. It's not because fewer people "agree". What sells attention is drama and conflict and angst and raw fear, all of which have been Fox's main ingredients that gave them the success they have had to now. If their ratings are dropping, then what it means is that they're slipping at that job of selling fear.

Think about it. "Ideology" is not what any of those channels are on the air for. Ideology doesn't pay anybody's bills. They exist to make a profit, not to serve you the viewer.
You make profits by selling ads, and you sell those ads by garnering attention. To pretend it works on some other amorphous ideological level is just a basic ignorance of how broadcast ratings work and what they're there for.

So what you are saying is that liberals can't out fear monger each other enough to get more attention than fox and it pisses you off since you've bought into the idea that fox is nothing but a fear monger.

damn, oh well, welcome to the herd, you will have lots and lots of company

So what you are saying is that liberals can't out fear monger each other enough to get more attention than fox and it pisses you off since you've bought into the idea that fox is nothing but a fear monger.

damn, oh well, welcome to the herd, you will have lots and lots of company

Yes and no. If you insist on counting the one as a "liberal" channel and the other a "conservative" one (despite their being in the same business and having far more in common than they do apart), then yes, the liberal one has not historically out-fearmongered the conservative one. Not because one is liberal and one is conservative; just because one is better at fearmongering than the other.

But no in the sense that it "pisses me off". I made no preferential judgement about that, nor do I care. I don't even watch TV. I just explained how ratings work. There are still some walking around that think Fox and MSNBC are there as some kind of TV ballot box and whoever gets the most numbers wins. That's not how it works at all. For that matter I believe MSNBC still runs those sicko prison shows some of the time, so they're not even fully comparable.

And no, I haven't "bought into" any ideas about Fox; these are my own. I'm a veteran of broadcasting going back thirty years, so I do know how these things work. This idea of a channel being "liberal" or "conservative" is just exterior packaging. They're selling the same product. The journalism equivalent of fast food. Doesn't matter whether you went to Burger King or McDonald's; you still got fast food.

Last edited:
It's a telling sign that at least some Foxpologists are so enslaved to their televisual oracle that they develop a literally emotional relationship with ...a television channel of all things. So personally do they take a documented plummet in the channel's ratings that they lash out at those who report the numbers, those who interpret the numbers, and even cry "racism" when the demographics are brought up. Despite the fact that they are those demographics.

It's a sad state of affairs to not only live in a Bubble but actually make it into a codependent emotional crutch. And ironic that what the demographics say are crochety old white men act like five-year-olds in getting defensive about that pacifier. At this level of irrationality, I guess some of the political conclusions they come to should not come as a total surprise.

This emotional relationship with a television channel just underscores the previous point on how Fox Noise makes its noise: by selling emotion. Fear and loathing on the TV cable. Garish studio colors, bimbo hosts in miniskirts, suggestive chyrons and coming up, yet another story about how "they're coming to get you". Emotion is the mayonnaise Fox puts on the fast food of its presentation. This is what happens when the barker says "step right up, buy some emotion" and the viewer says, "duh-- OK". Emotional basket case.

Neg repp'd because you're an assfucker.

Still waiting... :eusa_whistle:
One more time, since you're slow.

Their audience of old white geezers with one foot in the grave is dying off.

---- and???
Where do you see "racism" in that? Where? How?
Again ...... no answer.
:cuckoo:

If somebody had said that the viewing audience of BET is young blacks you would be the first one howling "RACISM"!!

Your post was not only racist, but also disrespectful to older people.

I hope you never reach the time in your life to be called a 'geezer'.

One more time, since you're slow.

---- and???
Where do you see "racism" in that? Where? How?
Again ...... no answer.
:cuckoo:

If somebody had said that the viewing audience of BET is young blacks you would be the first one howling "RACISM"!!

Your post was not only racist, but also disrespectful to older people.

I hope you never reach the time in your life to be called a 'geezer'.

No, that would be a demographic, just as this is. That would no more be racism than referring to a "Chinese restaurant" would. Nobody's buying this pathetic song and dance.

Your inability to understand a simple English sentence is your own problem, not mine. Moreover, your projections of "what somebody would have said if" are worth exactly the paper they're not printed on. I can only assume your dishonesty is because you can't handle the message. That ain't my problem either. Where have you ever seen me "howl 'racism'"??

Ya know, the first time I boarded an airline flight, the President of the United States was Harry Truman. So yeah, tell me all about these "older people", Einstein. Once again, describing a demographic as "old" makes no value judgement about being old. It's what the demographic simply is, like it or lump it. Or lie about it. If you're too dense to get that, oh well.

That imperative explains why Limbaugh kept talking about Sandra Fluke for so long. He was boosting his TSL to compensate for his dwindling market share. Few things boost TSL like getting the old folks agitated over how much sexy sex these shameless young hussies are having nowadays. (And make no mistake: Limbaugh’s audience is very old. One station manager quipped to me, “The median age of Limbaugh’s audience? Deceased.”) -- former Bush speechwriter David Frum

Let's go alert the Fake PC Police about this egregious slur on deceased-Americans.

You and your dishonest sock alter egos need to get the fuck over yourselves. Fox Noise, like Lush Rimjob, is attended by old white male geezers. Perhaps I left out "male" before, so there it is. Now you can make up "ageism", "sexism", "racism", and any other PC -ism that puddle of urine y'all are employing for brains can think up.

But these errors do underline what I just noted about emotional (rather than rational) attachments to a TV channel. It cannot be more obvious at this point. That's what Fox Noise sells, and the gullible suck it up like candy. It explains a lot about the wacko posts we get around here. And their ad hominem. Basket cases, melting down like the wicked witch of the west.
:popcorn:

Last edited:

Neg repp'd because you're an assfucker.

Aw, if it isn't Mister "bag of dicks" hisself. I missed you sweetie.

See what I mean about emotional basket cases? Couldn't be more obvious. Thanks for yet another demonstration.

Last edited:
I don't watch Fox News all that much but when I do they always have the hottest women. Michelle Malken, Michelle Fields, Kimberly Guilfoyl (sp?) to name a few. At the gym Fox is on some of the TV's (no sound just the subtitle scroll) and last night or the night before, Hannity had this knock out brunette on. Damn!

He knows what he's doing with his Hannity's Hotties. No clue what they talk about but who cares when the women look as good as they do. Fox wins hands down in the hot women department, thats really what it's all about anyway. Everyone knows cable news is a spin machine anyhow, Fox knows how to get viewers and it works

I don't watch Fox News all that much but when I do they always have the hottest women. Michelle Malken, Michelle Fields, Kimberly Guilfoyl (sp?) to name a few. At the gym Fox is on some of the TV's (no sound just the subtitle scroll) and last night or the night before, Hannity had this knock out brunette on. Damn!

He knows what he's doing with his Hannity's Hotties. No clue what they talk about but who cares when the women look as good as they do. Fox wins hands down in the hot women department, thats really what it's all about anyway. Everyone knows cable news is a spin machine anyhow, Fox knows how to get viewers and it works

Thank you. Exactly.

Eye candy and fear. Garish colourful sets, short skirts (make sure the legs are in the shot), graphics that go wwwhooooosssh with SFX, all set up to sell fear and loathing and paranoia and conspiracy. Raw base emotion, not intellectual discourse, is what sells, and nobody understands that better than Rupert Murdoch, who built his empire on sensationalistic tabloid rags. That's basically what Fox Noise is-- a tabloid on the air. Complete with monster stories and a Page 3 Girl.

Hi, you have received -1640 reputation points from Warrior102.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Fuck off, ya cocksucking little assfucking beaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatc h

Regards,
Warrior102

Emotional basket case. That about sums it up, dunnit?

Thank you. Exactly.

Eye candy and fear. Garish colourful sets, short skirts (make sure the legs are in the shot), graphics that go wwwhooooosssh with SFX, all set up to sell fear and loathing and paranoia and conspiracy. Raw base emotion, not intellectual discourse, is what sells, and nobody understands that better than Rupert Murdoch, who built his empire on sensationalistic tabloid rags. That's basically what Fox Noise is-- a tabloid on the air. Complete with monster stories and a Page 3 Girl.
MSLSD is just as bad with their partisan hackery they just need to get the women and nice sets (no pun intended) Nobody wants to tune in and watch a bunch of old men and ugly women. Like Rupert or not, he's brilliant and understands what gets ratings.

Forum List

Back