Yelp needs to be sued for helping target businesses for violence and destruction.....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
We now know Yelp is helping target businesses for violent destruction....as antifa and black lives matter......joe biden voters...........are using the Yelp targeting reviews to burn, destroy and even shoot guns at businesses that get accusations of racism.....

All it takes is the accusation.....and at the same time......where do they get off destroying a business? For any reason?

These businesses need to sue Yelp into the stone age................I see large settlements for some of these businesses...

We now know Yelp is helping target businesses for violent destruction....as antifa and black lives matter......joe biden voters...........are using the Yelp targeting reviews to burn, destroy and even shoot guns at businesses that get accusations of racism.....

All it takes is the accusation.....and at the same time......where do they get off destroying a business? For any reason?

These businesses need to sue Yelp into the stone age................I see large settlements for some of these businesses...

Yelp Sucks.

Actually, it tells me you really don't understand how Yelp works.

Yelp allows people to review businesses. A review only really stands if it is from a person who reviews businesses on Yelp often. If you log on to it to just review one business, your review disappears in a year.

Since the people reviewing it are third parties, Yelp has no liability for what they say.

Now, the new "Racist Warning" isn't actually just someone said, "Bob's Restaurant is Racist". This instead involves a business that has been in the news recently for racist behavior. A good example would be the heating and cooling guy in Ohio who got caught on a viral video ranting and screaming at a black man in a road rage incident.

Yelp actually protects these businesses now by locking down additional reviews, so that there isn't a digital lynch mob. (Where people from all over the country that never used that business trash them.) If a business that only gets two reviews a year now suddenly gets 50 from people who don't live in that city, Yelp realizes something is up.

I heard they would now be labelling restaurants as RACIST...didnt know the other shoe would drop so quickly.

I heard they would now be labelling restaurants as RACIST...didnt know the other shoe would drop so quickly.

Actually, they've been putting warnings on companies for years that have gotten into the news for the wrong reasons...

Not only the racist AC Guy in Ohio.

But the Dentist who shot the lion on a hunting trip.

Or the Homophobic nut who screamed at the gay couple who wanted to buy a cake.

So this isn't even a new policy, just a slightly revised one.

Usually, by the time Yelp notices them, they are already on their way to being out of business.

Those juries would probably consist of people who agree with the accusations against those businesses, so the plaintiff would not only lose but might have to pay court costs, too.

It is somewhat similar to MeToo accusations. We should always believe the woman, according to some people. So why bother with a lawsuit?

Those juries would probably consist of people who agree with the accusations against those businesses, so the plaintiff would not only lose but might have to pay court costs, too.

It is somewhat similar to MeToo accusations. We should always believe the woman, according to some people. So why bother with a lawsuit?

Actually, it's more like, if they found against Yelp for what a customer wrote about a business, then they could also find against Google, Thumbtack, Home Advisor, Glassdoor, and every other website where 'users' can criticize a business. heck, you could probably sue Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Again, people whining about this don't understand what Yelp's ACTUAL policy is.

If a business is in the news, because of a racist incident, Yelp will identify that business and limit the ability of people to "review" that business. It actually protects the business from review bombing.

Forum List

Back