Alec Baldwin Rust trial to begin this week

Is that a REAL hand grenade, or a fake one?

Can you tell the difference?

Yes/No?
LOL..................maybe post a picture instead of the Jpeg url.

No, on most movie sets you rely on the armorer's expertise.
Then spend your life savings to blame it on the armorer and still get pinched when it's all said and done..

LOL..................maybe post a picture instead of the Jpeg url.
mk-ii-grenade.jpg

Real or Fake?

He's saying he didn't pull the trigger, that it just went off.

Of course,t he boobs at the FBI destroyed the gun while testing it.

Yes, the FBI gladly ran cover for a guy who gunned down an innocent woman, because they hate Trump as much as you and Alec Baldwin.

I think Baldwin was mistaken. That he did actually pull the trigger, but didn't intend to. That's why you always keep your finger off the trigger, until you're read to shoot.

Just look at a trained DEA agent

If you instead shoot yourself in that foot while doing a presentation on gun safety, that YouTube video is definitely going viral. That's essentially what happened to DEA agent Lee Paige in 2004 after he gave a presentation for children in Florida on the dangers of guns, and accidentally demonstrated exactly how dangerous they can be.

First rule of gun safety.

Don't shoot yourself, demonstrating gun safety.

The guy should have been prosecuted for shooting a federal agent. (himself)

You know this conversation is nothing but a debate between people that know about gun safety and people that don't.
I hand nobody a weapon that is loaded, and nobody hands me a weapon that I don't check if it is loaded or not. At the range or training you load your own weapon. If you are a rank amateur that is OK, and the instructor or handler will give you one round at a time to load and fire.

I don't believe that anyone told Alec to point that weapon at a person and pull the trigger. I believe and the has been evidence leaked and discussed that he was goofing off and taunting people when he pointed and fired that weapon. The fact that he didn't crack that barrel open and see what was in that revolver show his ignorance and sense of entitlement. The conviction of the armorer was also the correct verdict. The fact that they were using this weapon for entertainment target practice was problem #1, who in charge allowed that to happen.

Has a transfer bar that prevents it from going off unless fully cocked.
Parts are still available. A piece broke off while trying to prove it accidentally discharged. It didn't happen.

You know this conversation is nothing but a debate between people that know about gun safety and people that don't.
I hand nobody a weapon that is loaded, and nobody hands me a weapon that I don't check if it is loaded or not. At the range or training you load your own weapon. If you are a rank amateur that is OK, and the instructor or handler will give you one round at a time to load and fire.

I don't believe that anyone told Alec to point that weapon at a person and pull the trigger. I believe and the has been evidence leaked and discussed that he was goofing off and taunting people when he pointed and fired that weapon. The fact that he didn't crack that barrel open and see what was in that revolver show his ignorance and sense of entitlement. The conviction of the armorer was also the correct verdict. The fact that they were using this weapon for entertainment target practice was problem #1, who in charge allowed that to happen.
That's fine and good, but this isn't real life, this is a movie set.

Re: The fact that he didn't crack that barrel open and see what was in that revolver show his ignorance and sense of entitlement.

It's a Smith and Wesson SAA. You can't crack open the barrel. You can't even swing out the cylinder., It's a gate loader.

LOL....

(Reuters) – New evidence shows that Alec Baldwin was reckless with a revolver before the weapon fired a live round that killed “Rust” cinematographer Halyna Hutchins in 2021, prosecutors alleged ahead of the actor’s July manslaughter trial.

The evidence, which includes images and video from crew and a set photographer, shows Baldwin pointed his gun at a crew member and fired a blank round, held his finger on the trigger when not supposed to and engaged in horseplay with the weapon, special state prosecutors said in a Monday filing.

In the photo, Baldwin appears to have his finger inside the trigger guard and his thumb on the hammer, prosecutors Kari Morrissey and Erlinda Johnson said in the filing.

A video clip taken by script supervisor Mamie Mitchell a couple of hours prior to the shooting appears to show Baldwin cock the gun and possibly pull the trigger, the prosecutors said.

In a further unspecified video on the day of the shooting Baldwin is asked to point the revolver left of camera and cocks the gun, despite not being asked to. There is some evidence he also pulls the trigger of the gun, prosecutors alleged.

Movie industry firearms safety guidelines tell actors never to put their finger on the trigger until ready to shoot, treat all firearms as though loaded, and not point a gun at anyone unless absolutely necessary, and then in consultation with a safety expert.

Parts are still available. A piece broke off while trying to prove it accidentally discharged. It didn't happen.
Don't be stupid. Once you change parts, you totally change how the gun worked. A gunsmith can polish the sear, so it's a much lighter trigger. Replace it with a new OEM sear, and the trigger pull is completely different. No longer a "hair" trigger.

Forum List

Back