Zone1 Yes, you CAN lose your salvation (through mortal sin)

forkintheroad7

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2024
OK, call it Mortal sin or call it egregious sin. Take your pick. But you people who claim to respect the Bible

often totally overlook psgs therein that do not conform to your chosen belief system

Here is one I never, EVER hear a Protestant quote:

Mt 18:23

23Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened to a king, who would take an account of his servants. 24And when he had begun to take the account, one as brought to him, that owed him ten thousand talents. 25And as he had not wherewith to pay it, his lord commanded that he should be sold, and his wife and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made. 26But that servant falling down, besought him, saying: Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. 27And the lord of that servant being moved with pity, let him go and forgave him the debt. 28But when that servant was gone out, he found one of his fellow-servants that owed him an hundred pence: and laying hold of him, he throttled him, saying: Pay what thou owest. 29And his fellow-servant falling down, besought him, saying: Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. 30And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he paid the debt. 31Now his fellow servants seeing what was done, were very much grieved, and they came, and told their lord all that was done. 32Then his lord called him: and said to him: Thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all the debt, because thou besoughtest me: 33Shouldst not thou then have had compassion also on thy fellow servant, even as I had compassion on thee? 34And his lord being angry, delivered him to the torturers until he paid all the debt. 35So also shall my heavenly Father do to you, if you forgive not every one his brother from your hearts.

--Douay Rheims Version​

Matthew 17
Matthew 19
Top of Page
Top of Page

1 John 5:16

shows us there is a difference btwn mortal and venial sin. From the USCCB site (not necessarily recommended since it is part of the novu ordo sect but here they merely quote scripture):

If anyone sees his brother sinning, if the sin is not deadly, he should pray to God and he will give him life. This is only for those whose sin is not deadly. There is such a thing as deadly sin, about which I do not say that you should pray.

Wow.. no wonder I don't like praying for the baby killers. Then again, maybe this psg doesn't say to refrain from praying for them? HMMMMMMM :45:

OK, call it Mortal sin or call it egregious sin. Take your pick. But you people who claim to respect the Bible

often totally overlook psgs therein that do not conform to your chosen belief system

Here is one I never, EVER hear a Protestant quote:

Mt 18:23

23Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened to a king, who would take an account of his servants. 24And when he had begun to take the account, one as brought to him, that owed him ten thousand talents. 25And as he had not wherewith to pay it, his lord commanded that he should be sold, and his wife and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made. 26But that servant falling down, besought him, saying: Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. 27And the lord of that servant being moved with pity, let him go and forgave him the debt. 28But when that servant was gone out, he found one of his fellow-servants that owed him an hundred pence: and laying hold of him, he throttled him, saying: Pay what thou owest. 29And his fellow-servant falling down, besought him, saying: Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. 30And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he paid the debt. 31Now his fellow servants seeing what was done, were very much grieved, and they came, and told their lord all that was done. 32Then his lord called him: and said to him: Thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all the debt, because thou besoughtest me: 33Shouldst not thou then have had compassion also on thy fellow servant, even as I had compassion on thee? 34And his lord being angry, delivered him to the torturers until he paid all the debt. 35So also shall my heavenly Father do to you, if you forgive not every one his brother from your hearts.

--Douay Rheims Version​

Matthew 17
Matthew 19
Top of Page
Top of Page
"buttercup" calls Scripture

"fake news"

Another candidate for IGNORE

Oh look! Irish Scam agrees with the person who asked Jesus if He ever shuts up!

Whatever you do to the least of Christ's people, you do to Him, so yeh, you can answer to Him on Judgment Day. Try snarking your way out of that (like you do with Catholics)

Mt 25:31-46

Oh look! Irish Scam agrees with the person who asked Jesus if He ever shuts up!

Whatever you do to the least of Christ's people, you do to Him, so yeh, you can answer to Him on Judgment Day. Try snarking your way out of that (like you do with Catholics)

Mt 25:31-46

So now you're Jesus eh?

Forum List

Back