Your top 5 favorite countries?

No idea, seeing as how I've never set foot outside the US.

Well there was that time in '68 when I went to Tijuana. But all I got to see were some taco vendors, a bar, and a hooker in a back room. Then I left.

Not kidding this time, true story. The hell of it is, Ozzie and Harriet Nelson paid for it. A year before that, I worked in a dinner theater in Chicago. My step-dad was the stage manager there and I was doing props. I got to meet Tony Randall, Bob Crane, George Hamilton, Forest Tucker, and Ozzie and Harriet Nelson, when they did different plays there.

Tony Randall was not gay. His wife was blonde and frail, and she pretty much stayed in the star's apartment. Forest Tucker was drunk the whole time he was there. Bob Crane was an asshole, I can see why someone killed him.

But Ozzie and Harriet Nelson were the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. They were exactly like they were on television. When the play had ran it's course, they wrote everyone checks for a tip. I was in California a year after that, hitch-hiking around, and I stopped at their house in LA. They made me sandwiches, gave me $30, and drove me back to the freeway. I continued to hitch-hike until I got to Tijuana and spent the $30 on tacos, some beers, and a Mexican hooker.

Then I hitch-hiked back to San Francisco.

True story. If I'm lyin', I'm dyin'.

Well there was that time in '68 when I went to Tijuana. But all I got to see were some taco vendors, a bar, and a hooker in a back room. Then I left.

Not kidding this time, true story. The hell of it is, Ozzie and Harriet Nelson paid for it. A year before that, I worked in a dinner theater in Chicago. My step-dad was the stage manager there and I was doing props. I got to meet Tony Randall, Bob Crane, George Hamilton, Forest Tucker, and Ozzie and Harriet Nelson, when they did different plays there.

Tony Randall was not gay. His wife was blonde and frail, and she pretty much stayed in the star's apartment. Forest Tucker was drunk the whole time he was there. Bob Crane was an asshole, I can see why someone killed him.

But Ozzie and Harriet Nelson were the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. They were exactly like they were on television. When the play had ran it's course, they wrote everyone checks for a tip. I was in California a year after that, hitch-hiking around, and I stopped at their house in LA. They made me sandwiches, gave me $30, and drove me back to the freeway. I continued to hitch-hike until I got to Tijuana and spent the $30 on tacos, some beers, and a Mexican hooker.

Thank you JGalt for sharing your personal story with us!

I have been to Israel, Italy, UK, Fra, Spain, Holland, Czech and a few times to Carbinean

China , Russia , India, for the likely and most probable positive future, plus Japan and Malaya , possibly . For holidays eveywhere is great if you join in and keep your mind open .imho .

U.S., Singapore, France, the southern part; Paris could be firebombed and I wouldn't mind, but most people in southern France are pretty cool, Japan, and Viet Nam are all places I would visit over and over again. So is Australia.

Israel is pretty cool, but the nutjob ultra-Orthodox and the Hasidim parasites will turn the place into a shithole soon; they make Nazis look like Woke hippies.

Last edited:
China , Russia , India, for the likely and most probable positive future, plus Japan and Malaya , possibly . For holidays eveywhere is great if you join in and keep your mind open .imho .

Malaya is nice; the Islamic govt. is a turnoff, though. I have several Christian Chinese friends who live there. If they and their families ever need to flee they are welcome to stay with us any time.

U.S., Singapore, France, the southern part; Paris could be firebombed and I wouldn't mind, but most people in southern France are pretty cool, Japan, and Viet Nam are all places I would visit over and over again. So is Australia.

Israel is pretty cool, but the nutjob ultra-Orthodox and the Hasidim parasites will turn the place into a shithole soon; they make Nazis look like Woke hippies.
I had overlooked Vietnam , Cambodia etc . Hugely under rated by "westerners" imo .Good call .

I had overlooked Vietnam , Cambodia etc . Hugely under rated by "westerners" imo .Good call .

I never went into Cambodia personally, but I was in Thailand in early 1979 and again in 1980 for a time; we were smuggling refugees out. The Thai govt. would look the other way as Vietnamese soldiers came across the border for R&R as long as they came in civilian clothes, and would share intel and arrange for refugees to come over. A few defected, but the VN govt. didn't close the border, at least while I was there, which was a nice surprise. From what I could see from the air it had some great scenery.

I never went into Cambodia personally, but I was in Thailand in early 1979 and again in 1980 for a time; we were smuggling refugees out. The Thai govt. would look the other way as Vietnamese soldiers came across the border for R&R as long as they came in civilian clothes, and would share intel and arrange for refugees to come over. A few defected, but the VN govt. didn't close the border, at least while I was there, which was a nice surprise. From what I could see from the air it had some great scenery.
Thank you DudleySmith for sharing your personal story with us!

Forum List

Back