35 year old banker worked to death

Has anybody worked 100 hours a week for several weeks ??

My last 6M at my UPS Store I worked 50 hours a week

I had some 70+ hour for several in a row working two jobs in the summer when I was in my 20's but it wasn't just sitting in a chair which I assumed is what got this guy.

when I was on the "fast track" to CIO/CISO I worked those hours often.
Hell, I was CIO twice.
Hated it.

Then I said Fluck iT!

It just isn't worth it.
I'm in the top 10% in the world in what I do and every time they try to sneak a "promotion" my way I kick and scream, and cry and threaten to quit till they go away.

The extra money just isn't worth it.

I used to work 50+ hours in a salaries position with commission. I'd also work the holidays no one liked to work because, why not.

Now as a mature man I have learned from the younger generation who respect their freedom. You may die with a little less left for others or the taxman, but it is better to find ones path in life.

That said, if someone wants to work 100 hours a week, that's their choice. I hope they make billions. Just understand the risks and the tradeoff. I'd love a job on Wall Street, why the hell not?

when I was on the "fast track" to CIO/CISO I worked those hours often.
Hell, I was CIO twice.
Hated it.

Then I said Fluck iT!

It just isn't worth it.
I'm in the top 10% in the world in what I do and every time they try to sneak a "promotion" my way I kick and scream, and cry and threaten to quit till they go away.

The extra money just isn't worth it.
I second this. Money may be needed, but you have to be alive and well to spend it.

God bless you and that man's family always!!!

Holly

When I worked on pipelines back in the 70s, I loved working 7/12. I could work several weeks, and then lay back and lick my nuts for a few weeks till the next long hour job started.

Yes, 100+ hours a week for about six months back in the early 90s, but I was pretty young then. Only in My early 30s.

7 years ago, in My mid 50's, we'd often work six months at a time doing 84 hour work weeks. Working for Senator Caseys sister doing medicare mailings.

They'd black out 5 to 7 months at the end of the year starting in September and schedule 12 hour days, 7 days a week until it was done.

Yes, 100+ hours a week for about six months back in the early 90s, but I was pretty young then. Only in My early 30s.

7 years ago, in My mid 50's, we'd often work six months at a time doing 84 hour work weeks. Working for Senator Caseys sister doing medicare mailings.

They'd black out 5 to 7 months at the end of the year starting in September and schedule 12 hour days, 7 days a week until it was done.
I was a teenage boy in the late 80s/early 90s

During a refinery turnaround, the technical staff is working 7x13 and often up to 16 hours a day. So, it did get close to 100 hrs.

Great decade !!!

Hard to imagine how much the country has declined in 20 years

Did you see Alien in 1979
Whenever it came out. I don't recall the year, but 79 sounds right. It was a date, and the young lady nearly cost Me My arm. She was holding on so tight.

Forum List

Back