81-year-old Ohio man charged with murder for shooting Black Uber driver

So, it if it turns out he knew it was a scam, you agree he should be in jail?

Yes. My defense of his actions are 100% contingent on the extenuating circumstance that he believed a loved ones life was in danger.

If he knew it was a scam...that's off the table.

WTF are you talking about?

She (the Uber driver) was not commuting a crime in any way

She had no reason to know the man didn’t call the Uber himself. How the fuck would she know that? And how the fuck would she know the package was random money?

And delivering/picking up packages is an established service that Uber provides

The fact that you’re doing mental gymnastics to defend this murderous old man says a lot about you
"commuting a crime and random money". LOL

Good to know you support the prosecution of all those who unwittingly enter the Capitol on 1/6 not knowing they were participating in a crime.

I don’t buy into that argument but you seem to support it.
I never said that those on Jan 6th should not be charged with vandalism nor trespass. I also understand that some doors were opened and many people were encouraged to come in.

And yes, the Capitol is a government building, meaning that we the people own that building. There should be extreme leniency for those who merely entered at the beaconing of the Capitol Police.

We have plenty of information on Jan 6th at this time, to show that it certainly was a failure of Nancy Pelosi, Congress, to protect themselves and the capitol.

At this time there is very little information about what happened, how it happened, why it happened, in regards to this Uber driver. You really do not know if she had direct knowledge or in fact was complicit in the crime.

All I have stated, is that this woman was participating in a crime. It is up to an investigation to determine if her participation was as a victim or criminal.

Either way, the old man did ask for the phone.

Sadly with the media and democrats fomenting hate and distrust between the races that make up our society, this is the result, black and white people refusing to cooperate with one another.

Another political win for the democrats, as we can see here, in the title of the OP, it is not a driver, a random uber driver, this is a political win given the democrats are using this to further the hate and distrust that is partially to blame for this tragedy to begin with.

Your point is to be as dumb as possible and make the worst decision available? Play stupid games win stupid prizes
I'll ask you again...since you appear thick as a log.

You believe a loved one has been abducted for ransom and has been threatened with death if you don't pay $12,000.

A person appears on your doorstep asking for the package you've been told to prepare. This person was sent by the person who abducted your loved one.

You have three choices.

1) give them the money and hope they will release your loved one

2) don't give them the money which will result in the death of your loved one.

3) detain the person who comes for the package.

What do you choose?

You have minutes to decide.

You believe a loved one has been abducted for ransom and has been threatened with death if you don't pay $12,000.

A person appears on your doorstep asking for the package you've been told to prepare. This person was sent by the person who abducted your loved one.

You have three choices.

What do you choose?

4. Call the police like an intelligent person would. Just because you don’t know how to do that doesn’t mean everyone else can’t figure out the proper course of action.

4. Call the police like an intelligent person would. Just because you don’t know how to do that doesn’t mean everyone else can’t figure out the proper course of action.

And take the chance that the accomplice just leaves in the 15 minutes it takes for the police to arrive, ensuring you loved ones death?

Tell your kids that tonight...that you'd be willing to gamble with their lives.

You have three choices.

What do you choose?

He didn’t detain her, he killed her

And I’m sure the driver quickly told him “I don’t know anything about a ransom, I was just called here for a pick up”

Again, the lengths you people are going to defend this man says a lot about your character

It's not a lie. She was a participant in a crime. An unwitting participant, but nonetheless a participant.
She simply responded to an Uber pick up notification that appeared on her phone.

That’s her job. She was doing her job. She wasn’t a participant in a crime

he must have had some mental issue. at 81 if they can proove that he will go t o the nut house. terribly sad my gosh.
Nothing to do with age nor mental health. This is just another MAGA tough guy in a state that allows open carry and is steeped in racism.

And take the chance that the accomplice just leaves in the 15 minutes it takes for the police to arrive, ensuring you loved ones death?

Tell your kids that tonight...that you'd be willing to gamble with their lives.
I’m supposed to tell my kids because some fool on the internet wanted to create the stupidest scenario possible their lives are in danger? I actually might because we all could use a good laugh

sure, if the UBER driver comes to your door, by mistake or not, while being part of a crime, you best give that UBER driver the money demanded! Do not protect yourself from crime, do not argue, just give the UBER driver the money, as they demand!
Stop posting like a child.
Thank you.

He didn’t detain her, he killed her

And I’m sure the driver quickly told him “I don’t know anything about a ransom, I was just called here for a pick up”

Again, the lengths you people are going to defend this man says a lot about your character
Accomplices wouldn't lie to escape.

The ease and casual manner in with which you would consign your loved ones to death says much more about yours.

Forum List

Back