A Protestant told me she left the Catholic Church so she wouldn't have to sit next to a Vietnamese

So you're saying pedophiles are men with normal sexual attraction to women, but somehow, they become pedophiles because they have no access to women?

That's probably one of the stupidest statements I've ever seen on this forum, and that's saying a lot.
When are they alone with women? You think they are going to grab them by the pussy during Mass?
Its not about homosexuality, its about availability.
Dont get me wrong, i dont have a bone to pick with catholicism any more than any other religion. But to sit there and act like you are the shit? Give me a break.
Heterosexual priests have plenty of access to women, and I'm sure some of them give in to temptation.

But attraction to children is a sexual deviation, it is not caused by Church rules, it is caused by a personality disorder and it may be because that person was sexually molested himself as a child.

A heterosexual priest is not going to start molesting children. You are stupid if you think that's the way sexual deviancy works.
Yes, its a personality disorder created from unnatural laws like not touching the opposite sex.
Sexis is the most natural thing on the planet. For every species.
Its uncanny to think restricting someone from natural cravings such as that isnt going to hurt them mentally.
Why is there such an abundance of priests molesting children and not baptist preachers? Why does the church hide it?
Actually, we had a protestant minister here commit suicide not too long ago after he was publicly accused of several incidents of pedophilia. Apparently they were true.
Blackrook is right that pedophiles will chose situations with access to children, as normal men will gravitate to places where they can meet women.
It is not in any way caused by forced celibacy. What turns us on sexually is not within our control. It is not something we choose. All people can do is choose how/whether to act upon it.
I wasn't implying most priests are pedophiles or even homosexual.
So gay pedophiles are drawn to priesthood because of alter boys? Is that why a lot of them do it their entire lives?
Them having to swallow natural thoughts and cravings their entire life doesn't effect sexuality?
I wonder what brain chemistry would say to that?
I wonder what pedophiles who were driven to liking children because of social loneliness would say to that?
Pedophiles aren't gay. They are attracted to children. It is not caused by social loneliness.
I too wish you would look into this a little and read something factual about the subject because boy, are you off track with this one. Go to credible sources. Please.

I think that Catholicism would make a great horror picture. It has wizardry (priests turns wafers and wine into bread and blood) cannibalism (people eat the bread and drink the blood), vampireism (ditto), and zombies (raising the dead). All it needs is a red haired, blue eyes Jew to play the part of Jesus. Paul Newman could have done it!

By the way, the person in your anecdote is an idiot if that's her real reason for leaving the church. There are legitimate gripes with Roman Catholicism where I can see people converting, but this clearly isn't one of them.
That was the reason she gave me, and I don't believe she was lying to me. I met her at a protest against a nude bar, where different churches were working together. There was also an Irish man who converted from Catholicism to Protestantism, because Protestants let him read the Bible. I thought he was an idiot too, because I'm Catholic, I have a Bible, and no one in the Catholic Church ever told me not to read it.

The thing is, Protestants have different churches for white people, black people, Korean people, Chinese people, Mexican people, but in the Catholic Church there is one Mass for all races, and we sit together in the pews like we're all brothers and sisters in Christ, because we are.
---------------------------------------------------- no doubt that the Catholic church likes the pews to be full .

I believe that most men who molest children were molested when they were children. The decision to become a Catholic priest is before the fact, pedophiles go into professions where they will have access to children, and be trusted with them. Normal men who are attracted to women do not become pedophiles.

Any way, this thread is about race, not pedophilia. Please stop hijacking all my threads to talk about pedophilia.

When are they alone with women? You think they are going to grab them by the pussy during Mass?
Its not about homosexuality, its about availability.
Dont get me wrong, i dont have a bone to pick with catholicism any more than any other religion. But to sit there and act like you are the shit? Give me a break.
Heterosexual priests have plenty of access to women, and I'm sure some of them give in to temptation.

But attraction to children is a sexual deviation, it is not caused by Church rules, it is caused by a personality disorder and it may be because that person was sexually molested himself as a child.

A heterosexual priest is not going to start molesting children. You are stupid if you think that's the way sexual deviancy works.
Yes, its a personality disorder created from unnatural laws like not touching the opposite sex.
Its uncanny to think restricting someone from natural cravings such as that isnt going to hurt them mentally.
Why is there such an abundance of priests molesting children and not baptist preachers? Why does the church hide it?
Actually, we had a protestant minister here commit suicide not too long ago after he was publicly accused of several incidents of pedophilia. Apparently they were true.
Blackrook is right that pedophiles will chose situations with access to children, as normal men will gravitate to places where they can meet women.
It is not in any way caused by forced celibacy. What turns us on sexually is not within our control. It is not something we choose. All people can do is choose how/whether to act upon it.
So gay pedophiles are drawn to priesthood because of alter boys? Is that why a lot of them do it their entire lives?
Them having to swallow natural thoughts and cravings their entire life doesn't effect sexuality?
I wonder what pedophiles who were driven to liking children because of social loneliness would say to that?
Pedophiles aren't gay. They are attracted to children. It is not caused by social loneliness.
I too wish you would look into this a little and read something factual about the subject because boy, are you off track with this one. Go to credible sources. Please.
MAle pedophiles molesting little boys are gay OL. How many women priests are there?!
I am interested in the science on this I will look it up and get back to you :)
Cause frankly, it makes complete sense to me.

I believe that most men who molest children were molested when they were children. The decision to become a Catholic priest is before the fact, pedophiles go into professions where they will have access to children, and be trusted with them. Normal men who are attracted to women do not become pedophiles.
Sorry. Read a story about one who used to be attracted to girls his age. He was weird as hell apparently. Even reading his op Ed made him seem like he probably never could even get a strait male relationship going on lol. When he got into his mid thirties, he began to develop an attraction to kids. I can't remember if it was both sexes or just girls but I want to say both. It's been a couple years. As I said I am going to look up the science on brain chemistry and suppression of Human instincts.

MAle pedophiles molesting little boys are gay OL. How many women priests are there?!
The majority of the cases were men having sex with young boys past the age of puberty, but before the age of consent.

Homosexual men are attracted to young boys below the age of consent in the same way some heterosexual men are attracted to young girls below the age of consent.

So, a big part of the problem was that the Church officially had rules against ordaining homosexuals as priests, but did not enforce these rules.

I started another thread if you want to talk about the Catholic Church sex scandal.

This thread is about race, and the fact that the Protestants don't like to worship with people who are different from them.

I think that Catholicism would make a great horror picture. It has wizardry (priests turns wafers and wine into bread and blood) cannibalism (people eat the bread and drink the blood), vampireism (ditto), and zombies (raising the dead). All it needs is a red haired, blue eyes Jew to play the part of Jesus. Paul Newman could have done it!
I agree on the Eucharist part. Revolting.

I started another thread if you want to talk about the Catholic Church sex scandal.

This thread is about race, and the fact that the Protestants don't like to worship with people who are different from them.
Well good, I wasn't trying to turn your thread but TN was too wrong headed on that one to leave it go.

Then you think the Bread of Life Discourse is also revolting. John 6.

scripture

TN, you're supposed to look into a new subject with an open mind, not hunting for points to uphold your halfbaked ideas.

I can't help to wonder how Christians began to believe that something Jesus taught was too disgusting for them to participate in.

scripture
Eating the flesh and drinking the blood of Christ is pure symbolic cannibalism and it was a very early part of the religion because there were still scads of people performing sacrifice. So yeah, it's gross. I'm sure Jesus and John gave it a good spin, though.

Not only is the Eucharist the most important thing Christians must do, it is essential to understand that participation in the Eucharist is necessary to achieve eternal salvation. Protestants walk a perilous path spurning a place at Christ's table.

scripture
Eating the flesh and drinking the blood of Christ is pure symbolic cannibalism and it was a very early part of the religion because there were still scads of people performing sacrifice. So yeah, it's gross. I'm sure Jesus and John gave it a good spin, though.
There is nothing symbolic about the Eucharist. Your ideas are completely off base and not supported by the teachings of Jesus in the Bread of Life Discourse.

So, really, by leaving the Catholic Church, Protestants are missing out on two essential elements of Christianity:

1) The Eucharist, which is the Body and Blood of Christ, shed for us to save us from our sins.

and

2) The brotherhood and sisterhood of all Christians, assembled together at Mass without exclusion of anyone.

Forum List

Back