A staggering amount of money is slipping away due to the Baltimore bridge collapse

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
  • The Port of Baltimore is closed "until further notice" following a major bridge collapse.
  • Experts say the closure alone will halt some $15 million in daily economic activity.
  • The impact will likely increase from there as a critical roadway has been severed and routes shift.
Hours after Baltimore's Francis Scott Key Bridge collapsed Tuesday morning, the scale of the economic toll is beginning to emerge.

In addition to any loss of life and property, costs are mounting as one of the nation's most critical ports closes and a major interstate highway connection has been severed.

Experts told Business Insider that the port alone contributes $15 million in daily economic activity, which will come to a near-standstill "until further notice."

That's just the beginning.

I really hope Baltimore doesn't start to go downhill because of this. ;)

I'm betting this breaks the record from the Big Dig.

That was estimated at $2.8B and Boston sucked out $8.08B by the end.

Baltimore is going to take a hit because it's Baltimore, but daddy govt will shovel piles of money higher than the span of the bridge to them.....The grift will be epic.

Now democrats can take all that money they've been stealing and sending to Ukraine and divert it to that bridge.

Better yet, let's just wait for President Trump to the rescue... 2024 yeah! He will deal with that bridge the democrats purposely broke.

Cargo engine stop working just as it approached the bridge what a lie it was a paid and staged incident.

I did not realize that it was also a toll bridge.

That amounts to about a 125K a day revenue loss....Around 45M a year.....And that is just counting all traffic as cars.

U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen on Wednesday appeared to walk back comments from President Biden that U.S. taxpayers would foot the bill for the Francis Scott Key Bridge collapse in Baltimore.

Appearing on MSNBC, Yellen said money from the bipartisan infrastructure law could "potentially be helpful."

"My expectation would be that ultimately there will be insurance payments, in part, to cover this. But we don’t want to allow worrying about where the financing will come from to hold up reconstruction," Yellen said.

Her comments come a day after Biden said it was his "intention that the federal government will pay for the entire cost of reconstructing that bridge, and I expect the Congress to support my effort."

I'd wondered about that as soon as I read the demented asshole had said it.

U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen on Wednesday appeared to walk back comments from President Biden that U.S. taxpayers would foot the bill for the Francis Scott Key Bridge collapse in Baltimore.

Appearing on MSNBC, Yellen said money from the bipartisan infrastructure law could "potentially be helpful."

"My expectation would be that ultimately there will be insurance payments, in part, to cover this. But we don’t want to allow worrying about where the financing will come from to hold up reconstruction," Yellen said.

Her comments come a day after Biden said it was his "intention that the federal government will pay for the entire cost of reconstructing that bridge, and I expect the Congress to support my effort."

I'd wondered about that as soon as I read the demented asshole had said it.
You can finance it if you want to.

Now democrats can take all that money they've been stealing and sending to Ukraine and divert it to that bridge.

Better yet, let's just wait for President Trump to the rescue... 2024 yeah! He will deal with that bridge the democrats purposely broke.

Cargo engine stop working just as it approached the bridge what a lie it was a paid and staged incident.

You're crazy and anti American.

• The Port of Baltimore is closed "until further notice" following a major bridge collapse.
  • Experts say the closure alone will halt some $15 million in daily economic activity.
  • The impact will likely increase from there as a critical roadway has been severed and routes shift.
Hours after Baltimore's Francis Scott Key Bridge collapsed Tuesday morning, the scale of the economic toll is beginning to emerge.

In addition to any loss of life and property, costs are mounting as one of the nation's most critical ports closes and a major interstate highway connection has been severed.

Experts told Business Insider that the port alone contributes $15 million in daily economic activity, which will come to a near-standstill "until further notice."

Baltimore is going to take a hit because it's Baltimore, but daddy govt will shovel piles of money higher than the span of the bridge to them.....The grift will be epic.
Wonder who is benefiting, follow the money!

The question is, how soon will the necessary work-arounds be codified and exploited? This economic activity will not be stopped, merely delayed. Alternative routing will be overwhelmed with the increase in traffic.

Replacing that bridge will take YEARS. A new design will have to be chosen - one with redundant structural supports; a complete specification will have to be at least outlined; it will have to go out for bids, a process which will take many months; bid selection; contract award; THEN a two-year minimum construction period. Five years would be a reasonable, accelerated timeframe.

The full long term effects will be worse than suffered at 9/11.

One small elite detail -- there are huge Gold and Silver exchange warehouses nearby .
Physical movement and transfers of these precious metals will be wrecked and perhaps cause huge price lifts which only smart 1% people and me will profit from .rofl.
Gold up $22 per ounce this morning . Just in time for an Easter shopping spree and some extra change for the Gaza kids .

So, selfishly from me , Thanks Deep State for that excellent False Flag .

Last edited:

I personally know some of the great thieves that worked on the big dig. One guy in particular who owned a rickety old dump truck.... He would take the very same pile of dirt back and forth all day long without dumping it and charge for each trip. By the end of the project he owned a fleet of brand new 10 wheel dump trucks.

You really need to go back and graduate high school. Your thought processes have not matured yet.

Forum List

Back