Ahmaud Arbery’s killers ask a US appeals court to overturn their hate crime convictions

We absolutely should have these laws. Are you worried that they will curtail any lynching that you might want to do ?
Seriously? You need a better argument. First lynching is already illegal, as are any violent crimes against other people. Charges for hate crimes is punishing people for thought and feeling. That some Orwellian shit there.

Is hating someone a crime? Not in America, but they want to add punishment to someone because of the way they felt about the person.

I just don’t understand why they felt the need to criminalize emotion is all.

There wasn’t a violent arrest. The man was held at gunpoint, and he charged the guy holding a gun.
Right, there was no 'arrest'.
Instead they chased the victim down the road as they shouted racist names at him. Then shot him down in the middle of that road.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The media and millionaire celebrities turned it into a race issue.
Ah, no.
The perpetrators turned it into a race issue.
Lest....they would have chased down and shouted cracker-epithets at the various whites who had trespassed into that same under-construction home.

---------------------------------------------------

Because of a radical left-wing media, and a small but violent BLM mob did this case go to court.
The case went to court when the the friend, in the following car --who videoed the incident ---mentioned during a radio interview he had that video. That caught attention and the video was retrieved. Once authorities saw it.....the case turned.
Turned against the killers. The video clinched it. Both for getting the McMichaels charged, and for the jury to determine what they determined.

-------------------------

The McMichaels don’t deserve to be in prison for life that is cruel and unusual punishment. It’s actually evil
Well, on the other side of that equation is the view that being shot down in the road over an alleged trespass into a bare-wood under-construction house was "cruel and unusual punishment". Even "evil".

Oh yeah, the victim ain't coming back. It was a "life" sentence for him too.

------------------------------------------

This is nothing to do with black-and-white.
You know, Frank, I have been reading your contributions to this thread. More as bemusement than anything else.
However, this claim about a race not an issue......ain't no longer bemusing to me.
I personally find it either: A claim arising out of blind racism; or alternatively, stupid and uninformed.

I haven't decide yet which it is.
Perhaps, I'd prefer you choose: Racist? or Stupid?*

BTW---before you choose Racist or Stupid....recall the testimony that revealed that after the shot, and the victim bleeding out in the road, the shooter approached and kicked the victim in the head and shouted "******" at the dying man.
I offer that as information so you can properly choose which description is for your comment is most apt ----Racist or Stupid.
---------------------------------------------------------

even when aubrey grabbed their gun.
Did you watch all of the video?
Maybe then, when you actually do, you'll note that the victim was aggressively confronted, blocked, by the younger perp, the one who had been screaming racists epithets at him from the back of the truck and brandishing his gun at him. When the confrontation occurred the victim clearly was attempting to prevent the perp from shooting him down.
But........he got shot down anyway.

---------------------------------------------

and then at some point he charged one of the McMichaels, who was holding the shotgun
Yeah we know. Watch the video.

Forum List

Back