Apple gets crushing backlash to its 'gross' iPad ad from celebrities and artists

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Par for the course. Too many have sold their liberty for apparent "freedom", capitalism for "free stuff". On and on we lose our spirit for life and that which makes it beautiful, even worth exploring.

All sides are responsible for this decline.

From its pop-art iPod commercials to its celebrity-led Mac vs. PC campaign, Apple hasn't had many marketing missteps to its name.

But a controversial ad for the company's latest iPad model has critics railing against the tech giant for what they say is a slight against artists and the creative community — a demographic once drawn to Apple products.

The ad, titled "Crush!", shows an array of creative objects — among them musical instruments, art sculptures, typewriters, a record table and a vintage arcade machine — being slowly pulverized by a hydraulic press.

(You know, the thing that David Letterman frequently used to crush bowling balls for fun. Similar videos now dominate TikTok feeds everywhere.)

Once the press has demolished the spread, it releases, and a glimmering new iPad appears, having replaced — or made obsolete — everything that came before it. All I Ever Need Is You by Cher and Sonny rings out.

hmmmm. . . too bad the comments are turned off. . .

My first thought was the top comment to the CNBC video

1715285215724.png

I don't get the message.
The iPad is already very thin. Who cares, really, if it is 1/32" thinner??
The iPad itself is ageing technology. It's time has passed. And steeply declining sales puts an exclamation on that.
Apple isn't the company it was under Jobs. It just isn't.
Jobs would have moved away from iPad and developed some other amazing thing that we haven't thought of yet.
All Apple has done since Jobs died is rely on it's legacy products that Jobs developed.

Thinner.... who gives a shit?

I am with with iamwhatiseem; I don't get it. While I find it entertaining to watch stuff being crushed (on Youtube), crushing this stuff borders on sacrilegious.

Forum List

Back