Dan Bongino: Why Republicans didn't do as well as expected

Dan Bongino hit the nail on the head this Saturday evening. He said the reason Republicans didn't do so well is because things are simply not bad enough. He's absolutely correct. Think of it this way: You have a job, there are others out there if you decide to get different one, inflation is taking a toll but all in all, life isn't that bad.

In spite of inflation, lending rates, open borders, rising crime in big cities, record fentanyl deaths, as long as it's not playing a major role in your life, why come out just to vote Republican?

I've always said politics is like an addiction problem. Some people don't seek help until they hit rock bottom. I agree with Dan that we just haven't hit rock bottom yet. That won't take place until the jobs start drying up and there is no place to work. What sprung Democrats towards the top are younger voters under the age of 30. With the promise of government goodies like college loan relief, the likelihood they didn't have enough in their IRA accounts to take a major loss, they voted Democrat by almost twice the rate they voted Republican.

It's crappy video (looks like it was taken from home) but if you care to listen to the monologue, go to time stamp 10:00.

Notice how Dan's analysis doesn't put any of the onus of Republican election performance on Republicans.

Their garbage candidates, their insane conspiracy theories that turn off independents and moderates alike, they're deeply unpopular stripping of women's rights to turn them into crimes....or the man leading them all, who did nothing for 3 hours while his supporters attacked the capitol save tell them how much he loved them.

Nope, per Dan Bongino, Republicans bear ZERO responsibility for their own election performance.

Remember, in the party of personal responsibility its always someone else's fault.

Notice how Dan's analysis doesn't put any of the onus of Republican election performance on Republicans.

Their garbage candidates, their insane conspiracy theories that turn off independents and moderates alike, they're deeply unpopular stripping of women's rights to turn them into crimes....or the man leading them all, who did nothing for 3 hours while his supporters attacked the capitol save tell them how much he loved them.

Nope, per Dan Bongino, Republicans bear ZERO responsibility for their own election performance.

Remember, in the party of personal responsibility its always someone else's fault.

He is placing the blame on likely Republican voters. I would say that's a lot more than what Democrats do when they lose.

What Dan also doesn't get is Trump's candidates were poison pills he thought would garner him leverage. He thought he could manipulate a system that involves too many factors and variances to make a solid calculation. Trump was yet again defeated and I hope he gets sent packing to the big house for his actions over the past years.

Utter bull. Why is it you commies always try to put blame on Trump when he had nothing to do with it? You certainly didn't give him credit for his success in the primary races.

Bottom line is likely Republican voters didn't take the time to come out and vote, and it wouldn't matter if they were endorsed by Trump or not. All my friends and family not of retirement age are working, and working a lot of hours. They do well enough where they don't have to choose between food and gasoline. As bad as things are in this country, it's not the end of the world for them.......yet.

But what happens when we do get to that point where people find themselves screwed? It will be too late, and 2024 is a long way off.

Dan Bongino hit the nail on the head this Saturday evening. He said the reason Republicans didn't do so well is because things are simply not bad enough. He's absolutely correct. Think of it this way: You have a job, there are others out there if you decide to get different one, inflation is taking a toll but all in all, life isn't that bad.

In spite of inflation, lending rates, open borders, rising crime in big cities, record fentanyl deaths, as long as it's not playing a major role in your life, why come out just to vote Republican?

I've always said politics is like an addiction problem. Some people don't seek help until they hit rock bottom. I agree with Dan that we just haven't hit rock bottom yet. That won't take place until the jobs start drying up and there is no place to work. What sprung Democrats towards the top are younger voters under the age of 30. With the promise of government goodies like college loan relief, the likelihood they didn't have enough in their IRA accounts to take a major loss, they voted Democrat by almost twice the rate they voted Republican.

It's crappy video (looks like it was taken from home) but if you care to listen to the monologue, go to time stamp 10:00.

As ‘well’ as expected? Republicans didn’t do ‘well’ at all.

2022 was an unmitigated disaster for Republicans.

Laughing....the voters are to blame for shit republican candidates, batshit republican conspiracy theories?

Do you have any idea how entitled and whiny that sounds?

How is that whiny? I'm not making claim of elections being rigged, I'm saying our lack of success is our own fault. How is that whining?

The Republicans underperformed because of poor candidate quality
Yes, they didn't selected enough crazed people who chase people
around with shotguns and baseball bats when they don't have to
use their foot to tap out answers.

See the source image

and they underestimated people's anger over Dobbs.
Yes, the horror of moving say over abortion laws
back closer to the people as required by the
Constitution! Because so many people out there
are planning on needing one after getting
another unplanned, unwanted pregnancy!

Meantime, the 65+ group was the fastest growing
group between 2010 and 2021 with its population
increasing 38%.

20-something unmarried bitches are the only ones
that would worry so much over something they can
likely prevent simply by using birth control and their
number has hardly changed in a decade.