Do Dogs Go To Heaven?

I'm guilty of the opposite, I baby her too much

What about other animals?
Dogs do not go to Heaven. Of all of God's creations, man is the only one that was given a soul. And a soul is required to go to Heaven.

I meant to say, so you believe there are no animals in heaven? Or just not animals from Earth in heaven?
I think Billy Graham said it best.

God has a special reason and place for each of His created beings. Animals, too, have a purpose in God’s creation. Man, as the highest order of creation, has been given dominion over the animal kingdom (Genesis 1:26-28).

We believe that animals were intended for man’s enjoyment and use. The Bible itself does not indicate that there is life after death for animals. It may be that God’s purpose for animals is fulfilled on this earth. However, if animals would make us happier in heaven, surely there will be a place for them there.

Some Bible interpreters have called attention to Isaiah’s description of the peace of God’s future kingdom where he says that “the wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox” (Isaiah 65:25). Heaven will lack nothing that is good and that will bring glory to God.

Yeah; what he said...(or she said)

Greg

A Little Dog Angel

High up in the courts of heaven today
a little dog angel waits;
with the other angels he will not play,
but he sits alone at the gates.
"For I know my master will come" says he,
"and when he comes he will call for me."

The other angels pass him by
As they hurry toward the throne,
And he watches them with a wistful eye
as he sits at the gates alone.
"But I know if I just wait patiently
that someday my master will call for me."

And his master, down on earth below,
as he sits in his easy chair,
forgets sometimes, and whispers low
to the dog who is not there.
And the little dog angel cocks his ears
and dreams that his master's voice he hears.

And when at last his master waits
outside in the dark and cold,
for the hand of death to open the door,
that leads to those courts of gold,
he will hear a sound through the gathering dark,
a little dog angel's bark.

Thank you, Irish. This may have been posted already but if not:

An old man and his dog were walking down a dirt road for quite sometime when they finally came to a beautiful marble wall with a golden gate. The person standing guard was dressed in a white robe and said:

"Welcome to Heaven". It was then the old man realized he and his dog were dead and traveling down Eternity Trail. They both were hot and very thirsty as they had been walking for a long time. The old man was so happy to be at Heaven's gate.

He started to enter with his dog following him but the gatekeeper stopped him and said: "I'm sorry, but dogs are not allowed in Heaven so he can't come in with you", as he gestured towards the man's dog.

The old man replied: "But my dog has been my faithful companion all his life. If my dog can't come in with me, then I will stay out too. I will not desert him now, not even to enter Heaven."

The gatekeeper replied: "Suit yourself, but I must warn you, the Devil's on this road and he'll try to sweet talk you into his area. He will promise you anything to get you to enter. So if you don't leave your dog now and come in, you will spend eternity on this road hot and thirsty or end up in Hell."

man-dog-heaven.jpg

But the old man still refused to enter and continued walking along the dirt road with his dog.

After walking a long ways further, the man and his dog came upon a rundown fence with no gate. He saw a man dressed in old ragged clothes just on the other side, standing next to a large shady tree. The old man called out to him saying:

"Excuse me Sir. My dog and I have been on this road all day and are very hot and thirsty. Would it be okay if we took a much needed rest under your shady tree?"

"Of course", the other man replied. "There's some cold water under the tree too. So please come in and help yourselves."

The old man asks: "Are you inviting my dog too, because I won't come in without him. In fact, that's why I chose not to go to Heaven because I was told dogs are not allowed."

The man smiled and said, "Welcome to Heaven, and bring your dog!"

The old man exclaimed, "You mean this is Heaven? And dogs are allowed? How come that fellow down the road said they weren't?"

"That was the Devil and he gets all the souls who are willing to give up a life long companion for a few small comforts. Those who choose that route soon find out their mistake but it's too late. The dogs always find their way here and the fickle people who abandoned them stay in Hell, for eternity."

"You see my friend, GOD would not allow dogs to be banned from Heaven. After all, He created them to be man's companions in life, so He would never separate them in death."

A Man and His Dog Go to Heaven

Greg

What about other animals?
Dogs do not go to Heaven. Of all of God's creations, man is the only one that was given a soul. And a soul is required to go to Heaven.

I meant to say, so you believe there are no animals in heaven? Or just not animals from Earth in heaven?
I think Billy Graham said it best.

God has a special reason and place for each of His created beings. Animals, too, have a purpose in God’s creation. Man, as the highest order of creation, has been given dominion over the animal kingdom (Genesis 1:26-28).

We believe that animals were intended for man’s enjoyment and use. The Bible itself does not indicate that there is life after death for animals. It may be that God’s purpose for animals is fulfilled on this earth. However, if animals would make us happier in heaven, surely there will be a place for them there.

Some Bible interpreters have called attention to Isaiah’s description of the peace of God’s future kingdom where he says that “the wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox” (Isaiah 65:25). Heaven will lack nothing that is good and that will bring glory to God.

Will my pet straw go to heaven and get eaten???

Greg

We know from the Bible that there are animals in Heaven. Christ has a big white horse. There are animals John described that have not been seen here on earth.
Our Father in Heaven said he would not withhold any good thing from us. Our pets are good things. And our Father is awesome. Thank you Daddy.

Forum List

Back