Zone1 Embryos and Personhood

Terminating a pregnancy in the United States of America has never been other than rare exceptions, considered by law to be murder of a child (person or human being) based on English Common Law at the time of our founding and since

The US CONSTITUTION protects all persons right to life who are born under its jurisdiction.

Taken together if you want to deprive a woman of her right to choose to terminate her own pregnancy, you have to show that you are harmed by her decision and by the people doing the medical procedure of abortion.

You can’t show harm to yourself because there is no harm to yourself and that is why you cannot make it a politically profitable culture war battering ram to be used against the Democrats and liberalism. That worked when Roe v. Wade was the national law. It does not work anymore because women and the men who respect women will not give up their rights for religious fanatics who are trying to take it away.
I still dont get it,, better if you explained why that is??

There are plenty of victimless crimes that don't hurt anyone. What does it matter to you if someone poisons a lake on their own property? If a man in New York kills a black kid ringing his door bell, what does that mean to someone in Wisconsin?

Murdering a person for ringing a doorbell is not a victimless crime.

Nevertheless, go back a few posts I said every person born in this country is protected. You have a right to life on the basis of being born.

I’ve never heard of a fetus during the 15th week of pregnancy ringing a doorbell.

I still dont get it,, better if you explained why that is??
Do you understand what individual liberty is and why the government cannot deprive you of liberty unless you are causing harm or depriving liberty to others? I don’t know what you understand and what you don’t understand about liberty and individual freedom. Maybe you think of theocracy is the right way to go.

Do you understand what individual liberty is and why the government cannot deprive you of liberty unless you are causing harm or depriving liberty to others? I don’t know what you understand and what you don’t understand about liberty and individual freedom. Maybe you think of theocracy is the right way to go.
well killing someone is causeing them harm isnt it,,

Murdering a person for ringing a doorbell is not a victimless crime.

Nevertheless, go back a few posts I said every person born in this country is protected. You have a right to life on the basis of being born.

I’ve never heard of a fetus during the 15th week of pregnancy ringing a doorbell.
Killing an unborn human being has no victim? Really? Uh. No. There is a victim whose humanity has been denied. A fetus in the 15th week of pregnancy can't ring a doorbell, or do anything else. That is total innocence.

Suppose there was an opinion that black people weren't human beings? There was just such an opinion at one time. Killing one was treated as a property crime. If you killed your own slave it was no crime. Killing a slave in Alabama certainly had no effect on those in New Jersey. No one should seriously object to killing a slave.

Now we know better. Or maybe not.

it harms the child,,
Right. The child.

pregnancy.jpg

law abiding people dont kill their children,
Agree. When the children have been born.

Prior to that, it’s a private matter , not a public matter.

What about Ohio? It’s become an Ohio constitutional right. Therefore women in Ohio who terminate their pregnancies are law abiding women are they not?

What about Ohio? It’s become an Ohio constitutional right. Therefore women in Ohio who terminate their pregnancies are law abiding women are they not?
life begins at conception and by definition an abortion results in the death of the child,,

biologically speaking life begins at conception

public interest in protecting human life begins at birth

A fetus has a right to life through the right to life of it’s mother.

a potential birthmother has the right to end fetal life in her body because her right to life is established and she is the only person involved who can decide to assume the risk of giving birth.

white Christian nationalist politicians cannot assume the risk for any woman being forced into full term gestation against their will.
You are making a case for Filicide as well.

if a vote can give it to you a vote can take it away so its not a right,,

law abiding people dont kill their children,

Voters in Ohio, including a third I believe of Republicans have made a woman’s right to privacy and having an abortion embedded in Ohio Constitution. Period

Tell me then how women in Ohio, who terminate their pregnancies, are not law abiding people.

Forum List

Back