Zone1 If someone attempts to rob you At knife or gunpoint do you believe you have a right to shoot them in response?

If someone attempts to rob you At knife or gunpoint do you believe you have a right to shoot them in

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Same thing goes for a home invasion.
While they are inside your house.
You have the legal right to ventilate them.
(unless you live in a blue state that loves criminals)
People get into legal trouble when they chase the home invader down the street shooting at them. Thus endangering the entire neighborhood with stray bullets.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

That said, if somebody has to do that, they quite likely will have law troubles in addition to the trauma.

I might would just give them money and let them go away vs. dealing with the alternative.

Plus, if someone already has a gun on you, the chances of you being able to draw and fire before

they squeeze the trigger is not good. Really not good.

Big difference between a knife and a gun. If you got a gun pointed at me then you can have what I got, which frankly ain't much and not worth getting shot over. But if you only have a knife, that's a different story. Ima gonna pull out my piece and we'll have a talk. You can walk away right now and I won't shoot you, but if you don't then I'm gonna put one right between your legs. You make the call.

Big difference between a knife and a gun. If you got a gun pointed at me then you can have what I got, which frankly ain't much and not worth getting shot over. But if you only have a knife, that's a different story. Ima gonna pull out my piece and we'll have a talk. You can walk away right now and I won't shoot you, but if you don't then I'm gonna put one right between your legs. You make the call.
Not really. A person, with a knife, who is within 21 feet of you, is every bit as dangerous as someone with a gun.

Of course you have a right to self defense.
Totally. But there are some left-wing radicals who believe that people should just put up with this stuff or “move to a different country” if they’re in fear. Rather than confronting the issue of violent crime in the USA, which doesn’t exist in another civilized countries of the world.

There’s even some radical lefties who believe that if a white person is getting robbed by a minority that they should just allow it to happen because of “white privilege.”

Unfortunately, that’s a problem we have in this country. With a lot of things Including self-defense and morality. Like if somebody breaks into a person’s home and the intruder gets shot, the homeowner sometimes is held responsible by lefties. They like to play games of technicalities and all this other stuff. But I think morally speaking that it’s common sense that if somebody believes that they have a right to hold someone up with a weapon or break into somebody’s home to steal or commit some kind of crime…. they’ve given up the rights to exist.

The devil is in the details. That is why I have written so many times. If you use the bang stick, before you say a word to the cops, get a lawyer.

How you phrase things will often determine if you are going to endure a criminal trial. Also, what modifications to your firearm could affect the decision to charge you or not.

If you decorate your weapon with KKK symbols, Boondock Saints, or the Punisher. Then the prosecutor can and sometimes does make the argument that you instigated the incident.

If you have the customized replica of a John Wick weapon, then they are going to ask if you fantasize about the situation you found yourself in.

A lawyer knows how to phrase things and will keep you from contradictory statements.

21 feet? I don't think so.
Absolutely so. Look it up. Knives are incredibly dangerous. And if the person wielding it knows what they are doing, they are worse than a gun in a close in situation.

I have been training for a very, very long time. I don't make the mistakes the cop did.

While your advice is sound for the most part, it is not an absolute. Never make blanket statements, they are always going to be proven wrong.

One of the best shooters ever was a former Oklahoma City cop, and FBI agent known as DA Bryce. He could draw and fire in 3/5 of a second.

I am not Bryce. I am a good shot with my weapons. I am experienced at being shot at from the Army. I’ve even shot back. I’ve heard the zip of bullets passing by far too close. I hit the target when I shoot at it at the range. I qualified expert with Rifle, and Pistol in the Army.

I would not draw on a drawn gun unless his attention was on something else for a second. There are always options. And when you are facing life or death situations the best course is usually to play the odds. Odds are better if you do one thing over another. Low probability actions may be necessary depending on the situation. But those are usually last resort actions when anything else is highly probable injury or death.

Same thing goes for a home invasion.
While they are inside your house.
You have the legal right to ventilate them.
(unless you live in a blue state that loves criminals)
People get into legal trouble when they chase the home invader down the street shooting at them. Thus endangering the entire neighborhood with stray bullets.
The thing is, by the time a decision to kill has been made, a person is going to be pretty charged up, maximum adrenaline pumping, and most likely functioning on instinct.

One of the best shooters ever was a former Oklahoma City cop, and FBI agent known as DA Bryce. He could draw and fire in 3/5 of a second.

I am not Bryce. I am a good shot with my weapons. I am experienced at being shot at from the Army. I’ve even shot back. I’ve heard the zip of bullets passing by far too close. I hit the target when I shoot at it at the range. I qualified expert with Rifle, and Pistol in the Army.

I would not draw on a drawn gun unless his attention was on something else for a second. There are always options. And when you are facing life or death situations the best course is usually to play the odds. Odds are better if you do one thing over another. Low probability actions may be necessary depending on the situation. But those are usually last resort actions when anything else is highly probable injury or death.
That's nothing. I can draw, and hit 5 targets seperated by at least 2 feet, at 7 yards in .8992 seconds. That's my average.

My best time on a single target is .399 seconds.

There are guys way better than me.

It's called practice.

Never trust in the goodwill of an asshole pointing a gun at you, demanding your stuff.

At worst I get to kill the asshole that kills me.

That’s the situation you’re walking down the street and somebody approaches you and pulls out a knife or gun and attempts to rob you saying “give me what you have”. Do you then have a right to shoot that person?
Of course!

And if a passing pedestrian or motorist sees that thug holding you up, they should also have the right to send that thug to Hell.

It would be wonderful if we got to the point that thugs would be absolutely terrified to even go outside because they knew the good people were just waiting for them to get out of line.

Forum List

Back