Zone1 If someone attempts to rob you At knife or gunpoint do you believe you have a right to shoot them in response?

If someone attempts to rob you At knife or gunpoint do you believe you have a right to shoot them in

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
That’s the situation you’re walking down the street and somebody approaches you and pulls out a knife or gun and attempts to rob you saying “give me what you have”. Do you then have a right to shoot that person?
there are too many variable.

IF the person already has shown his weapon then you are at a disadvantage, so it is best to just give them what they want. This isn't a movie. IF it doesn't work then yeah . then lets shot it out.

Now if the perp gets what he wants and walks away. Then does the victim still have a right to shoot?

it is an issue that will be resolved in court if the victim decides to shoot.

the right to defend yourself should be when actually being threaten. Not for the purpose of payback for geeing beaten on the draw.

IF the person already has shown his weapon then you are at a disadvantage, so it is best to just give them what they want. This isn't a movie. IF it doesn't work then yeah . then lets shot it out.

Now if the perp gets what he wants and walks away. Then does the victim still have a right to shoot?

the right to defend yourself should be when actually being threaten. Not for the purpose of payback for geeing beaten on the draw.

All costs for everyone are going up thanks to thieves.

Kill the thieves and all of those costs come down.

How come no one thinks of that option?

Byzantium did that once upon a time. Killed 35,000 or so of them.

The people prospered for years after that happened.

Seems like a good idea now.

If someone robs me I want to be allowed to shoot him in the back.

1715448062168.png

The devil is in the details. That is why I have written so many times. If you use the bang stick, before you say a word to the cops, get a lawyer.

How you phrase things will often determine if you are going to endure a criminal trial. Also, what modifications to your firearm could affect the decision to charge you or not.

If you decorate your weapon with KKK symbols, Boondock Saints, or the Punisher. Then the prosecutor can and sometimes does make the argument that you instigated the incident.

If you have the customized replica of a John Wick weapon, then they are going to ask if you fantasize about the situation you found yourself in.

A lawyer knows how to phrase things and will keep you from contradictory statements.
I wanted to respond to your original point

Bottom line is if a victim has a gun pulled on them. Well, it’s up to them to pull their gun and take the risk. Another poster already brought up something called the Mozambique plan. Or something like that. So it can be done. It depends on training and things like that.

Bottom line is do you believe if somebody has a gun or a knife pulled on them that they have a right to pull out a gun and shoot the person trying to rob or attack them. Yes or no ? Don’t go off-topic please. And I already understand that you think it’s dangerous to pull a gun on somebody who already has a gun pulled on you. Yes, or no and explain your answer.

Last edited:
I totally get it. But in our day and age in America, there are left-wing fanatics who for example if they are the victim of a crime and the criminal is a minority they refuse to report it out of some insane BLM ideology.

There is an obvious problem in the USA where leftist maniacs refused to treat minority criminals as criminals. They will somehow blame white people or white privilege or so-called systemic racism against blacks. It’s unfortunate that this exists in our country … we should accept common sense and meritocracy based system.

That’s the situation you’re walking down the street and somebody approaches you and pulls out a knife or gun and attempts to rob you saying “give me what you have”. Do you then have a right to shoot that person?
You have a moral responsibility to terminate them with extreme prejudice. Remove them from the gene pool.

What if a innocent bystander gets hurt. Are you responsible and should he or she be able to sue you?
Of course. You may not take the shot if there is a chance you will hit an innocent bystander.

Funny how you don't give a flying fuck about the innocents shot by your criminals.

WTF is wrong with you?

In Xiden's America, I could only defend myself if they were white, Jewish or Asian.

If the Perps were black or Muslim, I would be charged with a hate crime if I defended myself in even the slightest way

I just go with the assumption that if they have a drawn weapon then they are going to use it. No other response makes any sense.

Absolutely so. Look it up. Knives are incredibly dangerous. And if the person wielding it knows what they are doing, they are worse than a gun in a close in situation.

Not as dangerous as a gun IMHO. And 21 feet way does not meet my criteria for a close encounter. I ain't no quick-draw artist, but from 21 feet I'll take my chances drawing my gun and shooting your ass before you can cut me. But not if you got a gun pointing at me, I'm gonna hand over my wallet and hope I don't get shot.

Not IMHO. I don't wanna shoot somebody over $50, that's about all I ever have on me. I have a credit and a debit card that both have $50 limits, so my losses aren't going to be that bad. And I can freeze those cards as soon as I get home. But for me, shooting somebody is not something that I take lightly, but I will waste your ass if it's down to you or me.

Not as dangerous as a gun IMHO. And 21 feet way does not meet my criteria for a close encounter. I ain't no quick-draw artist, but from 21 feet I'll take my chances drawing my gun and shooting your ass before you can cut me. But not if you got a gun pointing at me, I'm gonna hand over my wallet and hope I don't get shot.
At contact range you are wrong. You will try and shoot, but the knife wielder will grab you, cut your wrist tendons, so you drop your gun, then ever so patiently carve you into bacon bits.

Not IMHO. I don't wanna shoot somebody over $50, that's about all I ever have on me. I have a credit and a debit card that both have $50 limits, so my losses aren't going to be that bad. And I can freeze those cards as soon as I get home. But for me, shooting somebody is not something that I take lightly, but I will waste your ass if it's down to you or me.
I want to be able legally to kill someone who steals $10 from me. Criminals are trash. We would be better off if they had never been born.

Of course. You may not take the shot if there is a chance you will hit an innocent bystander.

Funny how you don't give a flying fuck about the innocents shot by your criminals.

WTF is wrong with you?

Speaking for myself, I believe the individual should be arrested, tried, and upon conviction sentenced to such penalties as the Court sees fit.

Forum List

Back