Zone1 Is the Canon of Scripture Closed and Can We Not Receive Any More Revelation From God?

Is the Canon of Scripture Closed and Can We Not Receive Any More Revelation From God?

• Total voters
Yes. I know. There's no Nephites.

Jacob produced twelve sons, each of whom became the father of one of the twelve tribes of Israel. Reuven, Shimon, Levi, Yehuda, Issachar, Zevulun, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher, Joseph, Benjamin. In the Land of Canaan, each of the twelve Israelite tribes settled a different region on either side of the Jordan River.
10 were carried away and lost by the Assyrians. That’s Biblical fact. Learn it. Judah and Benjamin were taken for a short time but returned to fill Israel. Lehi was of Joseph and therefore lost any DNA evidence of being from the Jews that wondered for 1900 years and returned in 1948 full time. Biblical fact.

There was more than one migration with Lehi. Not all of the America’s people have been tested. So, keep setting yourself up to be made fun of. The interesting thing is, at the end of the Book of Mormon it says all Nephites were killed off. “All” is just a way to say there was genocide that took place. I’m sure a few escaped as did Lehi’s ancestor family from the Assyrians. The time from Lehi to Moroni was written down to be the Stick of Joseph. Joseph Smith was given it as it was hidden in the ground as Isaiah prophesied. Another biblical fact.

You are ignorant in the knowledge of God.’

10 were carried away and lost by the Assyrians. That’s Biblical fact. Learn it. Judah and Benjamin were taken for a short time but returned to fill Israel. Lehi was of Joseph and therefore lost any DNA evidence of being from the Jews that wondered for 1900 years and returned in 1948 full time. Biblical fact.

There was more than one migration with Lehi. Not all of the America’s people have been tested. So, keep setting yourself up to be made fun of. The interesting thing is, at the end of the Book of Mormon it says all Nephites were killed off. “All” is just a way to say there was genocide that took place. I’m sure a few escaped as did Lehi’s ancestor family from the Assyrians. The time from Lehi to Moroni was written down to be the Stick of Joseph. Joseph Smith was given it as it was hidden in the ground as Isaiah prophesied. Another biblical fact.

You are ignorant in the knowledge of God.’

There's no Lehi in the Bible. It's another LDS Church fiction by Joseph Smith.

There's a place called Lehi, no tribe. It's fiction. You've been conned.
You should also know Nephi is a place named in Apocryphal writings. People were named after places. You are a fool to follow your uninspired scholars.

It is certainly possible that Joseph may have encountered the name Nephi as a place name in the King James translation of the Apocrypha (2 Maccabees), however, the Book of Mormon also includes many names that are present in the King James Bible itself. The inclusion of one additional name in this list does not make a significant difference in accusations that Joseph acquired names in the Book of Mormon from other sources. With regard to the name “Nephi,” the important question that must be considered is whether the name “Nephi” is an appropriate name for the time and place to which it is attributed in the Book of Mormon?[1]

Nephi acknowledges an Egyptian connection when he states, “Yea, I make a record in the language of my father, which consists of the learning of the Jews and the language of the Egyptians.” 1 Nephi 1꞉2

The name “Nephi” may be derived from the names “Nfr” (meaning “good”) or “Nfw,” (meaning “captain”), which are both attested Egyptian names appropriate to the time and place in which Nephi existed.[2] Therefore, the inclusion of the name "Nephi" in the Book of Mormon in the timeframe of 600 B.C. does not constitute an anachronism.

The presence of the name "Nephi" is appropriate for the time and place described by the Book of Mormon. Existing evidence indicates that an Apocrypha was not even available to Joseph Smith at the time that he was translating the Book of Mormon. If anything, the presence of the name "Nephi" in the Apocrypha further validates it as an authentic name in the Book of Mormon.”

Ahhh…People’s names often came from where they may have lived or born. The fact is, the name is in the Bible. You lose.

There's no tribe of Lehi. Joseph Smith had a third grade education. He didn't translate any ancient Egyptian funerary glifs.

There's no tribe of Lehi. Joseph Smith had a third grade education. He didn't translate any ancient Egyptian funerary glifs.
Again, making things up. No one said there was a tribe of Lehi. You just keep looking more and more foolish in the religion forum. Try the basket weaving forum .

Again, making things up. No one said there was a tribe of Lehi. You just keep looking more and more foolish in the religion forum. Try the basket weaving forum .

There are no Nephites, Lamanites or Jaredites in the Bible. Joseph Smith invented them.

There were only 12 tribes, not 15.

There are no Nephites, Lamanites or Jaredites in the Bible. Joseph Smith invented them.

There were only 12 tribes, not 15.
So?
Again, no one says there were more than 12 tribes of Israel. Why do you keep saying Lehi or Nephi or Jaredites were separate tribes of Israel? I’ve never said that. Lehi, Nephi, Laman and Lemuel are of the tribe of Joseph. It’s you who are inventing more tribes. Not Joseph Smith or anyone else.

I will say again, you were wrong about Lehi not being in the Bible. But, even if it wasn’t, it doesn’t matter. He is in the Book Of Mormon which is the Book of Joseph as states would come forth in Ezekiel and Isaiah. You have lost all credibility with the entire religion forum with your stupid ignorant arguments.

The Book of Revelation is Gods last for us .The holy scripture is the Alpha and Omega the begining and the end of Gods Revelation to us, all things we need to know can be found in scripture no need for anything else.
Never stop seeking God no matter where it leads you do not stop, continue seeking God your whole life.
That book is sadistic nonsense, written by a perverse person

Some Christians believe that the canon of scripture is closed and that God will not reveal any more revelation to the world. Do you believe this or not? What is your reasoning for why it is closed or why it is not closed?

My vote and belief is that the canon of scripture is not closed and God still can and will reveal revelations to mankind. My reasoning is that there is no evidence in the Bible or elsewhere that is official that God has stopped revealing truth and that there are things of the past that have been lost that God would want revealed again so that we might have those truths.

Acts 3:20-21
20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Also there is a prophesy that we will have the stick of Joseph to go hand in hand with the stick of Judah (the Bible). As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints we believe the stick of Joseph to be the Book of Mormon.

Ezekiel 37:15-19
15 The word of the Lord came again unto me, saying,
16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:
17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.
18 And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these?
19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.

View attachment 924740
Scripture is not by God, but by man

So?
Again, no one says there were more than 12 tribes of Israel. Why do you keep saying Lehi or Nephi or Jaredites were separate tribes of Israel? I’ve never said that. Lehi, Nephi, Laman and Lemuel are of the tribe of Joseph. It’s you who are inventing more tribes. Not Joseph Smith or anyone else.

I will say again, you were wrong about Lehi not being in the Bible. But, even if it wasn’t, it doesn’t matter. He is in the Book Of Mormon which is the Book of Joseph as states would come forth in Ezekiel and Isaiah. You have lost all credibility with the entire religion forum with your stupid ignorant arguments.

The book of Joseph is also made up by Joseph Smith.

Some Christians believe that the canon of scripture is closed and that God will not reveal any more revelation to the world. Do you believe this or not? What is your reasoning for why it is closed or why it is not closed?

My vote and belief is that the canon of scripture is not closed and God still can and will reveal revelations to mankind. My reasoning is that there is no evidence in the Bible or elsewhere that is official that God has stopped revealing truth and that there are things of the past that have been lost that God would want revealed again so that we might have those truths.

Acts 3:20-21
20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Also there is a prophesy that we will have the stick of Joseph to go hand in hand with the stick of Judah (the Bible). As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints we believe the stick of Joseph to be the Book of Mormon.

Ezekiel 37:15-19
15 The word of the Lord came again unto me, saying,
16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:
17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.
18 And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these?
19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.

View attachment 924740

I think the fact that the Bible has been written and most people will not accept anything new, is evidence it's all fraud.

You should also know Nephi is a place named in Apocryphal writings. People were named after places. You are a fool to follow your uninspired scholars.

It is certainly possible that Joseph may have encountered the name Nephi as a place name in the King James translation of the Apocrypha (2 Maccabees), however, the Book of Mormon also includes many names that are present in the King James Bible itself. The inclusion of one additional name in this list does not make a significant difference in accusations that Joseph acquired names in the Book of Mormon from other sources. With regard to the name “Nephi,” the important question that must be considered is whether the name “Nephi” is an appropriate name for the time and place to which it is attributed in the Book of Mormon?[1]

Nephi acknowledges an Egyptian connection when he states, “Yea, I make a record in the language of my father, which consists of the learning of the Jews and the language of the Egyptians.” 1 Nephi 1꞉2

The name “Nephi” may be derived from the names “Nfr” (meaning “good”) or “Nfw,” (meaning “captain”), which are both attested Egyptian names appropriate to the time and place in which Nephi existed.[2] Therefore, the inclusion of the name "Nephi" in the Book of Mormon in the timeframe of 600 B.C. does not constitute an anachronism.

The presence of the name "Nephi" is appropriate for the time and place described by the Book of Mormon. Existing evidence indicates that an Apocrypha was not even available to Joseph Smith at the time that he was translating the Book of Mormon. If anything, the presence of the name "Nephi" in the Apocrypha further validates it as an authentic name in the Book of Mormon.”

The book of Joseph is fiction.

The Book of Joseph is an untranslated text identified by Joseph Smith after analyzing Egyptian papyri that came into his possession in 1835. Joseph Smith taught that the text contains the writings of the ancient biblical patriarch Joseph. From the same papyri collection, Smith produced the first part of the Book of Abraham, but was killed before any known part of the Book of Joseph was translated.

The book of Joseph is also made up by Joseph Smith.
Nope. Like the writings of the Bible, they are records written down and translated. We don’t have actual writings of any prophets or apostles. They are replicas. Yet you believe those writings? Even with your misinterpretations. You just keep weakening your position to laughable in this forum.

I think the fact that the Bible has been written and most people will not accept anything new, is evidence it's all fraud.
I think that because uninspired men got together and decided of themselves that the canon was closed is why most people will not accept any more of the word of God even it is handed to them on a silver platter.

Last edited:
Nope. Like the writings of the Bible, they are records written down and translated. We don’t have actual writings of any prophets or apostles. They are replicas. Yet you believe those writings? Even with your misinterpretations. You just keep weakening your position to laughable in this forum.

It was Egyptian funerary rights.

Forum List

Back