Jan. 6th, The Law, and Nancy Pelosi's Dereliction of Duty

Through DOD COC.
Correct, though vague.
According to the law, which is quoted and linked in my 1st two comments states that Federal Troops are authorized in writing and during the emergency in writing which is the Emergency Plan for the Protection of the Capitol.

The DOD, and the COC, is the Executive Branch of Government which can not deploy Federal Troops into the Jurisdiction of the Legislative Branch of government. A separate but equal constitution article.

I linked and quoted, 1st and 2nd posts. I have other posts that are throughout my thread.

§1970. Assistance by Executive departments and agencies​

Exactly. That authority rests with the Sec of Defense who takes HIS orders from Trump
That's slightly misleading. In this instance, Trump has no authority to deploy federal troops in DC, He can only authorize a certain amount to be deployed by SECDEF.
Who cares what Trump was doing? The question was whether it was a riot before the police attempted to disperse the crowd with flash bangs.

It absolutely was. The crowd was violent, angry and uncontrolled. You can see those lunatics crawling all over the scaffolding in that video.
The crowd didn't react that way until they were fired upon by USCP. They were milling around, peacefully. Couple good documentary's on the J6 timeline if you want to learn.

Being on the scaffolding isn't necessarily an act of moral turpitude.

The crowd didn't react that way until they were fired upon by USCP. They were milling around, peacefully. Couple good documentary's on the J6 timeline if you want to learn.

Nope. Those rioters had already blasted through the outer perimeter and driven the police back to the capitol steps, with some of the officers being injured in the process. Climbing the scaffolding demonstrates how out of control the crowd was. Not just “milling around” peacefully.

I asked the question before you. You took my question and just threw it back, so, NO!

Further, thus far, I have only replied to comments with facts, quoted, and linked to the law on a .gov website
I do not have time to play the game of commenting to contradictions with contradictions.
I also responded to your pointless banter, once or twice, which is more than enough.

I have established the fact, that Nancy Pelosi and Nancy Pelosi alone is responsible for Federal Troops not being deployed within her jurisdiction.
You have established that you are a stupor. Troll who can’t understand his own links

Pelosi is not in the chain of command of the DC National Guard

Which means she could ASK support (as could several other people ) but she can neither order it nor deny it.

That's slightly misleading. In this instance, Trump has no authority to deploy federal troops in DC, He can only authorize a certain amount to be deployed by SECDEF.

If Trump gives an actual order (especially a written one or a verbal one in front of witnesses) the Sec Def should either carry it out or resign.

And that mob was violent from the start

We don't know. January 6th Committee refused to even talk to Pelosi

He started asking for the National Guard on January 4.
He… meaning Trump… made a remark to his SecDef on Jan 3 to the effect of calling up 20,000 DC National Guard to protect “his people”.

The DC Guard had only 2500 members for one thing and his SecDef ignored him

Not Pelosi

Not SUND

Not Bowser

His SecDef

Of course we now know from Bill Barr that folks in the Trump Admin routinely ignored his requests… for things like having leakers executed

According to the law, which is quoted and linked in my 1st two comments states that Federal Troops are authorized in writing and during the emergency in writing which is the Emergency Plan for the Protection of the Capitol.

The DOD, and the COC, is the Executive Branch of Government which can not deploy Federal Troops into the Jurisdiction of the Legislative Branch of government. A separate but equal constitution article.
Those statutes are sweet but not really what is considered or used when deploying DG in the capitol. The USCP Board has been removed from COC.

EO 11485

SECTION 1. The Secretary of Defense, except as provided in section 3, is authorized and directed to supervise, administer and control the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard of the District of Columbia (hereinafter "National Guard") while in militia status. The Commanding General of the National Guard shall report to the Secretary of Defense or to an official of the Department of Defense designated by the Secretary on all matters pertaining to the National Guard. Through the Commanding General, the Secretary of Defense shall command the military operations, including training, parades and other duty, of the National Guard while in militia status. Subject to the direction of the President as Commander-in-Chief, the Secretary may order out the National Guard under title 39 of the District of Columbia Code to aid the civil authorities of the District of Columbia.

SEC. 2. The Attorney General is responsible for: (1) advising the President with respect to the alternatives available pursuant to law for the use of the National Guard to aid the civil authorities of the District of Columbia; and (2) for establishing after consultation with the Secretary of Defense law enforcement policies to be observed by the military forces in the event the National Guard is used in its militia status to aid civil authorities of the District of Columbia.

I think Obama changed it slightly but recently congress changed it due to too many COC layers.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Pentagon said Thursday it has streamlined the approval process for urgent use of National Guard forces in the District of Columbia, after months of study following the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.

The changes give the defense secretary sole authority to approve requests that would involve D.C. National Guard personnel participating in civil law enforcement or that would require their deployment within 48 hours, Pentagon press secretary John Kirby said in a written statement. That approval authority had previously been delegated to the Army secretary, the service’s top civilian official.

We don't know. January 6th Committee refused to even talk to Pelosi
Lizzie promised to have her emails and phone communications entered in to evidence......Liz would never lie.
He started asking for the National Guard on January 4.
Yep

He… meaning Trump… made a remark to his SecDef on Jan 3 to the effect of calling up 20,000 DC National Guard to protect “his people”.

The DC Guard had only 2500 members for one thing and his SecDef ignored him
More BS. Trump authorized around 10,000 to active duty if needed.

What was it SECDEF ignored?

Nope. Those rioters had already blasted through the outer perimeter and driven the police back to the capitol steps, with some of the officers being injured in the process. Climbing the scaffolding demonstrates how out of control the crowd was. Not just “milling around” peacefully.
You are insane. All that happened after being fired upon.

Those statutes are sweet but not really what is considered or used when deploying DG in the capitol. The USCP Board has been removed from COC.

EO 11485

SECTION 1. The Secretary of Defense, except as provided in section 3, is authorized and directed to supervise, administer and control the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard of the District of Columbia (hereinafter "National Guard") while in militia status. The Commanding General of the National Guard shall report to the Secretary of Defense or to an official of the Department of Defense designated by the Secretary on all matters pertaining to the National Guard. Through the Commanding General, the Secretary of Defense shall command the military operations, including training, parades and other duty, of the National Guard while in militia status. Subject to the direction of the President as Commander-in-Chief, the Secretary may order out the National Guard under title 39 of the District of Columbia Code to aid the civil authorities of the District of Columbia.

SEC. 2. The Attorney General is responsible for: (1) advising the President with respect to the alternatives available pursuant to law for the use of the National Guard to aid the civil authorities of the District of Columbia; and (2) for establishing after consultation with the Secretary of Defense law enforcement policies to be observed by the military forces in the event the National Guard is used in its militia status to aid civil authorities of the District of Columbia.

I think Obama changed it slightly but recently congress changed it due to too many COC layers.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Pentagon said Thursday it has streamlined the approval process for urgent use of National Guard forces in the District of Columbia, after months of study following the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.

The changes give the defense secretary sole authority to approve requests that would involve D.C. National Guard personnel participating in civil law enforcement or that would require their deployment within 48 hours, Pentagon press secretary John Kirby said in a written statement. That approval authority had previously been delegated to the Army secretary, the service’s top civilian official.

Lizzie promised to have her emails and phone communications entered in to evidence......Liz would never lie.

Yep
Nothing in there says the USCP Bioard was ever IN the NG chain of command.

Because it was not

It could and still can make requests but are just that

Requests

Last edited:
You are insane. All that happened after being fired upon.
Nope. The Capitol had a perimeter set up well beyond where that video was taken. They only wound up there after they blasted through the outer perimeter.

Nope. Sec of Defense
Sec Def can delegate that authority to the Sec of the Army or Air Force
Other entities can make REQUESTS for support but that is all they are.
Requests
and those requests are neither required nor are they permission
The authority is the presidents authority to deploy federal troops, his alone. The president can delegate the authority.

The department of defense, when given the authority can not deploy Federal Troops into the Jurisdiction of the Legislative Branch of government, ever, without the authorization of Speaker of the House.

Sec Def Miller’s statements are in that link
I fact checked the link, it is extremely misleading.
Trump does not have to issue an order prior. An order does not have to be in writing. Offering the troops is different than issuing orders.

And it is irrelevant and nobody is saying Pelosi controls Federal Troops. Nancy Pelosi controls or has authority over the jurisdiction of the Legislative branch of government which the Capitol building and it's grounds is part of.

Of course, this is poorly written. Standing alone it reads that Trump did issue an order and that Pelosi does control the Troops. False should appear before the claim, not in the next paragraph which this one is.
AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. While Trump was involved in discussions in the days prior to Jan. 6 about the National Guard response, he issued no such order before or during the rioting. Speaker Pelosi does not control National Guard troops.

You have established that you are a stupor. Troll who can’t understand his own links

Pelosi is not in the chain of command of the DC National Guard

Which means she could ASK support (as could several other people ) but she can neither order it nor deny it.
I never stated what you just attributed to me.
First point you make is not anything I have ever said, here, or anywhere.
Second point, is wrong. Pelosi can deny. Speaker of the House must authorize Federal Troops to be deployed into her Jurisdiction.

I posted the law, multiple times in reply to your posts. You must be describing yourself when you state, "stupor".

Sec Def Miller’s statements are in that link
You miss this:

The Pentagon said Miller approved the request without speaking with the White House because he had gotten direction from the president days earlier to do whatever he deemed necessary with the Guard.
The House sergeant at arms does sit on the Capitol Police Board, which also includes the Senate sergeant at arms and the architect of the Capitol. That board opted not to request the Guard ahead of the insurrection, but did eventually request assistance after the rioting had already begun. There is no evidence that either Pelosi or McConnell directed the security officials not to call the guard beforehand, and Hammill said after the insurrection that Pelosi was never informed of such a request.

Nope. The Capitol had a perimeter set up well beyond where that video was taken. They only wound up there after they blasted through the outer perimeter.
The same perimeter fence that a lone person in a riot helmet and mask was seen knocking the fences over (which had signs about entering) and waving unsuspecting patriots over?
The authority is the presidents authority to deploy federal troops, his alone.
Not in DC. He can only activate them to be deployed by SECDEF.
The department of defense, when given the authority can not deploy Federal Troops into the Jurisdiction of the Legislative Branch of government, ever, without the authorization of Speaker of the House.
Federal troops were never deployed.

The same perimeter fence that a lone person in a riot helmet and mask was seen knocking the fences over (which had signs about entering) and waving unsuspecting patriots over?
It was manned by officers who were assaulted by the rioters and suffered injuries. They fell back to a more defensible position where they were continually assaulted by the rioters.

It wasn’t peaceful.

Forum List

Back