Zone1 "Nothing creates itself"

Explain how anything can create itself. We are all created by another. By one IMO

A Great Deception: How We Lost The Ability to Say The Name of God​

By Keith Morehead

Deuteronomy 28:58-60 warns us, “If you do not carefully follow all the words of this law, which are written in this book, and do not revere this glorious and awesome name — the LORD your God—the LORD will send fearful plagues on you and your descendants, harsh and prolonged disasters, and severe and lingering illnesses” (NIV). King David proclaimed in Psalm 8:1 “O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! Samuel told the nation of Israel that “For the sake of his great name the LORD will not reject his people, because the LORD was pleased to make you his own” (1 Sam 12:22-23, NIV). Solomon completed the wish of his father David to build a temple for the name of the LORD and God told Solomon that his father did well to have such a desire. He said to David “Because it was in your heart to build a temple for my Name, you did well to have this in your heart” (1 Kings 8:17-19, NIV) even though he would not allow David to complete the construction. David tells us, God’s saints, to “Sing to the LORD, you saints of his; praise his holy name” (Ps 30:4, NIV). But how? How are we to revere his awesome name or sing praises to his name when we do not know what the name of God is?
We were robbed of the opportunity to praise the personal name of God when a plan was implemented thousands of years ago preventing God’s people from remembering or speaking His name. The impact of this robbery extends beyond the ability to praise the name of God, it also inhibits us from understanding who Jesus really is.
When the Bible student reads “LORD” (lord in small caps) in the Bible, they are reading the transliteration* (see footnotes) of the Hebrew tetragrammaton “YHWH,” the personal name of God. Hebrew text in the Bible does not have vowels between the consonants. If this were not the case there would be vowels between the consonants (Yahweh, Yehovah, Jehovah, Jahveh) providing an exact spelling of God’s name. Prior to 300 B.C.E.**, the tetragrammaton YHWH, was known and spoken by all.
Strong’s Dictionary of the Hebrew Bible shows the definition of YHWH as: “3068 יְהֹוָה Yehôvâh (emphasis mine), yeh-ho-vaw´; from 1961; (the) self-Existent or Eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God: Jehovah, the Lord. comp. 3050, 3069.” We have no way of knowing if Strong’s pronunciation of Yehôvâh is accurate but it is confirmed later in this chapter by author Keith Johnson. The word which refers to God most frequently in the Old Testament is YHWH occurring anywhere from 5,410 to over 6,800 times depending on what author you read. The Bible student reads a substitution for God’s personal name every time they read “the LORD.” If Strong was correct in his pronunciation of God’s name, then David said in Psalms 135:1-2, “Praise Yehôvâh. Praise the name of Yehôvâh; praise him, you servants of Yehôvâh, you who minister in the house of Yehôvâh, in the courts of the house of our God.” David used the actual name of God. We no longer have that ability.
The Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church describes the evolution of the tetragrammaton starting with the name of God which the Jews would “avoid uttering” being replaced by the tetragrammaton, which was then “substituted Adonai” before being rendered*** into Kurios:
The technical term for the four lettered Hebrew name of God is יהוה (i.e. YHWH or JHVH). Owing to its sacred character, from bc. 300 the Jews tended to avoid uttering it when reading the Scriptures, and substituted ‘Adonai’ (i.e. the Hebrew word for ‘LORD’), whence the rendering Κύριος [koo rios] of the *Septuagint, Dominus of the *Vulgate, and ‘the LORD’ in most English Bibles. When *vowel points were put into Hebrew MSS those of ‘Adonai’ were inserted into the letters of the Tetragrammaton, and since the 16th cent. the bastard [spurious/false] word ‘Jehovah,’ obtained by fusing the vowels of the one word with the consonants of the other, has become established. The original pronunciation is now commonly thought to have been ‘Yahweh’ or ‘Jahveh’ and both these forms (but nowadays esp. the former) are frequently found in scholarly works. The name is undoubtedly very ancient and was certainly in use by c. 850 bc, as it occurs on the *Moabite Stone.
Investigation into the incentive to prohibit speaking the name of God has no conclusive findings. There is consensus that a partial reason is the unwillingness of Jews to risk blaspheming God by pronouncing His name incorrectly. The concern originates from the 3rd commandment: “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain” (Ex 20:7, KJV).
Was this concern an appropriate response to “not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain?” Strong’s Hebrew OT dictionary shows the word vain to be OT:7723, aw=v*, shav’ (shawv); or shav (shav).

Didn't G-d create a whole universe from nothing? How did he do it? He made light and now we understand how, nuclear fusion. Maybe we'll learn more about his methods and we'll create our own universes, just the way he did.
I recall being in a social setting, not a particularly important party with any esteemed guests but there were a few different characters. The discussion of theology was raised by someone, not a subject I was interested in much at the time though I felt a "presence" occasionally in my life. Had since I was a kid. Anyways, this guy said bluntly that "I (he) am G-d". His arrogance was seeping through, his demeanour more aggressive than his calmer audience.

From time to time when the image of this man arises in my memory, I wonder whatever happened of him. If he altered his view with age and wisdom.

Certainly the thought of how vast this universe is can be daunting. I mean REALLY thinking about it. Perhaps when looking at a clear night sky and the billions of stars, or, just in a fleeting moment when we awaken in the middle of the night and "feel" our mortality. It could all be the bodies mechanisms operating by design. I like to think otherwise.

Indeed. Sinple but profound.

polytheism - the metaphysical forces together as one formed the 1st atom - and have been united ever since ...

- all in the heavens are the same in likeness and image, equal unto themselves.

- then came along liars and misfits who began the desert religions led by liars and misfits who wrote their books of forgeries and fallacies and believed by mostly criminals and misfits to this day.

How do you know?
Because nothing means 'no thing' it is not even an assertion (which seeminly you take it to be.)

Your postion is self-contradicting. If I or whatever you see (or the Universe for that matter) is eternal and self-creating then you lose your entire argument that God can't be that too :)

Because nothing means 'no thing' it is not even an assertion (which seeminly you take it to be.)

Your postion is self-contradicting. If I or whatever you see (or the Universe for that matter) is eternal and self-creating then you lose your entire argument that God can't be that too :)

You are allowed to believe in any fairy tale you wish

You just can’t prove any existence of God or his role in creating the universe and creating life

polytheism - the metaphysical forces together as one formed the 1st atom - and have been united ever since ...

- all in the heavens are the same in likeness and image, equal unto themselves.

- then came along liars and misfits who began the desert religions led by liars and misfits who wrote their books of forgeries and fallacies and believed by mostly criminals and misfits to this day.
We will all be judged some day. It must be if you have a soul right?

Do you believe we have a soul or not? Your answer will determine your true belief.

Either the entire universe was self created OR God Created it and that yields the question “whom or what ‘created’ God?”

Either way, it appears unavoidable that something must have existed prior to being “created.” After that, maybe it’s true that nothing (else) can exist without being created. But it still boils down to something or some Entity had to have existed without being “created” by a predecessor.

That brings us into the “supernatural.” Natural law, as we grasp it, says that “nothing can exist prior to itself.” Yet there has to be that first exception. That’s outside the bounds of what we understand as “natural.”

“Supernatural,” therefore, doesn’t have to implicate a Divine God. But as soon as we acknowledge the in total exception, it becomes necessary to admit that it is possible that God exists as the Prime Creator of All.

Forum List

Back