Obamacare savings

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
OK, when can I expect the savings to kick in?

Last year the wife and I had to purchase our own health care insurance because my company decided they didn't need to help purchase healthcare because Obamacare was so affordable. There are no subsidies for her and I. Which I will say is a good problem to have.

So real life. In 2015 we paid 757.93 for a plan far worse than what my company had provided. But let's just imagine both plans were the same. This year we are paying 822.89. Which is an 8.5 percent increase. If a person picks up medicare this year they will be paying 121 per month verse 104. Which is a whopping 16 percent increase.

So where are the savings? I don't believe health care increased 8 percent a year before Obamacare.

Talking to the salesman for health care insurance he said that he pays the same amount. He said that before Obamacare he could get a policy for about half that much. So where are the savings? He also said that health care insurance providers are losing money.

I'll tell you one place I see savings. Emergency room visits. Which before might have been absorbed by the hospital, now they can be passed on. So who is making more profits? The medical industry. Who are paying for those increases in profit, yep those who work.

My husband has been self employed and pays his own ins. Every year since 02 (I went back over the years) it has went up 100 a year for his birthday present. He did get on the ACA in 2014, just in case something happened, and it was 100 cheaper than what he was paying. He is not getting help, but who knows, no one can foresee the future, and one never knows when they will be DX with anything and then become locked into a high premium plan because of a pre existing condition or worst not be able to have it. No insurers are not fond of the ACA, too bad.

I am pro the AFA.

My husband has been self employed and pays his own ins. Every year since 02 (I went back over the years) it has went up 100 a year for his birthday present. He did get on the ACA in 2014, just in case something happened, and it was 100 cheaper than what he was paying. He is not getting help, but who knows, no one can foresee the future, and one never knows when they will be DX with anything and then become locked into a high premium plan because of a pre existing condition or worst not be able to have it. No insurers are not fond of the ACA, too bad.

I am pro the AFA.

So what is he paying and how much did it go up? And what is AFA?

i thank GOD i have retired military health care. Tricare for LIFE!!

Yeah, I looked into that and I get squat for my 6 years. My brother and brother in law, both who put in far, far, less time both take advantage of the VA. Both did not serve in country.

Thank you for your service.

Just curious how many got to keep their docs, their plans, and paying $2,500.00 less for it annually?

I kept my doctors because the biggest, and cheapest health care insurance provider pretty much owns the entire area. All the hospitals, (2) within 25 miles and most of the doctor practices.

Interesting that there isn't one voice to defend Obamafraud.

Now I read this:

Insurers warn losses from ObamaCare are unsustainable

Insurers warn losses from ObamaCare are unsustainable

What a disaster Obama has been with Obamafraud being his centerpiece.

That said, isn't there someone getting employer paid health care insurance that will defend Obamafraud? Or someone getting it for free? Anyone?

Here is another tidbit of information. Medicare doesn't have anything to do with Obamacare. There are co-pays for ALL doctor visits. What the hell? Some of the poorest in the country don't get this little break. What the hell?

Where are the Obamacare defenders?

OK, when can I expect the savings to kick in?

Last year the wife and I had to purchase our own health care insurance because my company decided they didn't need to help purchase healthcare because Obamacare was so affordable. There are no subsidies for her and I. Which I will say is a good problem to have.

So real life. In 2015 we paid 757.93 for a plan far worse than what my company had provided. But let's just imagine both plans were the same. This year we are paying 822.89. Which is an 8.5 percent increase. If a person picks up medicare this year they will be paying 121 per month verse 104. Which is a whopping 16 percent increase.

So where are the savings? I don't believe health care increased 8 percent a year before Obamacare.

Talking to the salesman for health care insurance he said that he pays the same amount. He said that before Obamacare he could get a policy for about half that much. So where are the savings? He also said that health care insurance providers are losing money.

I'll tell you one place I see savings. Emergency room visits. Which before might have been absorbed by the hospital, now they can be passed on. So who is making more profits? The medical industry. Who are paying for those increases in profit, yep those who work.

I husband has had his own business since he started it in the 1980's, he has a law firm

We have always had a high deductible, and rarely needed to see a doctor until my son became a Type 1 diabetic and I got breast cancer 5 years ago.

This is when your eyes will open ... Because we applied every year for insurance the next , we were going to be denied insurance because of a pre-existing condition..
I had a full years of chemo, surgeries, and doctor visits for that year..without insurance they get you even more, so it would have been $900.000.000 easily.

I got the cancer back last year...over a million of treatment.

With Obamacare they cannot deny you because of pre-existing... I am finding out this week if my cancer is back for the 3rd time.

When you pay that extra money every month , consider it like a savings account with protection for all of your life's work... You sound like you may be around my age. your not getting younger and healthier...

I am going to copy paste this into your other thread.

Forum List

Back