Stonewall Jackson is back

Mod Edit: Deleted photo. Violates clean start

For the first time in United States history, a district that changed the name of schools honoring Confederate generals voted to restore the names years later.

The Shenandoah County School Board held a public hearing on Thursday at Peter Muhlenberg Middle School to discuss restoring the names of Mountain View High School and Honey Run Elementary School to Stonewall Jackson High School and Ashby Lee Elementary School..................................................................................
That’s a beautiful decision and no BLM supporters have any arguments to make because Black people also owned slaves throughout history.

Jackson was one of my favorite figures from the Civil War

Much ado about nothing while the Country goes down the drain under a mentally impaired doddering old fool.
At least it gives people some confidence. And in terms of morals and social issues it’s a breath of fresh air. Think about that one …bc otoh we have men being able to go into women’s bathrooms, statues destroyed across the country and… but now this a go back to supporting American values and our ancestors. While the economy is struggling tremendously at least there is something positive to think about morally.

Why did the board change the names?

This is 2024.

There is simply no sense in unnecessarily hurting the feelings of any African Americans.

Many of them are already angry enough, and some of them express their anger through violence of all sorts.

Maybe some influential people in that state can persuade the board to reverse their thoughtless decision.
When those schools and memorials were named after Confederate heroes, Black residents could not vote. White School Boards pushed through school names that ignored the feelings of black residents.
The School Board today is doing the same thing

Since naming schools after enemies of our country is so in vogue right now I have petitioned our local high school. I think it should be named Hideki Tojo High School and the sports teams could be called the Kamikazes.
Many countries have gone through civil wars. It’s completely different compared to a foreign war.

The confederate soldiers were Americans. They were our ancestors , many of them served the US Army at some point that’s the big difference.

The confederate soldiers were Americans. They were our ancestors , many of them served the US Army at some point that’s the big difference.

They took up arms against the US Army they once served.
Traitors

Benedict Arnold was a great General until he turned against his country

Last edited:
Why did the board change the names?

This is 2024.

There is simply no sense in unnecessarily hurting the feelings of any African Americans.

Many of them are already angry enough, and some of them express their anger through violence of all sorts.

Maybe some influential people in that state can persuade the board to reverse their thoughtless decision.
It’s a valid point my friend, but there is something to consider. For example, I am an American Irish background. And I understand that a few figures from english history were adamantly opposed to Irish independence. I believe that even included Winston Churchill. But I would not feel appropriate asking for these types of figures of English history to have their statues removed. Even Edward Longshanks, one of the most revered figures of English history was apparently against the Irish in someways. But when I look back onto history, I try to understand these people and not simply be against them.

I even feel that way against the very English figures and their Irish allies who fought against the IRA of the 20th century. Or the English who fought against the Irish revolutionaries in 1798 attempting to deny Ireland their independence. These people have their positions and I try and understand them.

Do these countries honor the leaders of the side that lost with naming things after them?
Now you’re switching the topic??

It seems like people go from slavery to something else if they’re presented with the fact that blacks owned slaves too.

The point was about a Civil War, not who won or lost, but a Civil War war between the people of the same country. And how we should honor the legacy of those who fought in such wars. Because if the topic is about slavery well everyone owned slaves, including Jews, blacks, Indians name it. That is one of the main reasons of why people might’ve post statues of Confederate soldiers because they “owned slaves.” The other one seems to be that they were “traitors.” Such ideologies are way too simplistic and they just won’t cut it.

To your point Jews and Indians fought each other throughout history, so did various tribes in Africa, and there are all sorts of statues of different people from different tribes with all these groups all over the world. There you go 🙂

The tariffs! :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

you people are so fucking cute...dude it was all about slavery, nothing else.
It was not about slavery. Slavery was used as a crutch. It was about the same people in Europe wanting to put a fiat currency into the growing wealthy United States. Even if it was split into two nations. Slavery was going to end at some point.

If we are to rewrite all history, wouldn't it be cheaper and accomplish the same goal if we just reprint the existing books ( if they are still in use in schools) and change the names of the offending southerners? Change Stonewall Jackson to LaRue Sleepy Brown, or Robert E Lee's name to General Alphonso 'Quan Martinez, and then leave the streets and schools like they are? They wouldn't have anything named after them then. That would save a ton of money on signage, maps, and poleece going to the wrong address, and we'd be in a better place.

Forum List

Back