The federal government should have NOTHING to do with student loans

If thats true then why cant students pay off their loans?
Most do.

1714675164862.png

Yea we really are. But as noted, it cost you Boomers 5% what it cost my kids for a year at the same school.
well I am not a boomer and as seen in the title of the thread this is about student loans not college budgets,,

nut beings youre just an ignorant aby killer we dont expect much more from you,,

youre dismissed,,

Really? Who is making more $ and contributing more to the societal good - a plumber or a woman studies major?

Depends on the individuals and many more factors than you seem to be considering.

I think it played a part. Its goofy how the mission creep also found it’s way into the equation though.
It played a part?? A PART?? :lol:
It could not have happened without it. PERIOD. Impossible.
It is also the precise reason colleges got into the real estate business.
No student is going to pay $900 - $1000 a month for a tiny bedroom, a shared bathroom and a shared small living space with 3-5 other students - UNLESS - it is paid for by the government. And that is exactly what is happening. Colleges are making astounding profits off of their own students via charging them exorbitant rent for tiny spaces. Which is exactly why colleges all over America have invested in building more and more quad apartments.

Is there a place in this nation where the government is forcing you to go to college or trade school?
Yeah.. let me explain this to you again. When the government takes your money in the form of taxes, and then won't give it back to you unless you jump through hoops as directed, that's force. So, I suppose if you want to split hairs, they're not forcing you to go college, just forcing you to pay for it regardless of whether you actually go or not.

But let's look at the bigger picture. Statists want government that controls society, that decides what is best for us and them pushes us in that direction. I don't.

I often use the analogy of referee vs coach. Libertarians want government that acts as an impartial referee, making sure we all follow the same rules, but otherwise leaving us to free play the game however we want. Statists want government that acts as the coach, deciding the best strategy and telling us how to play.

Yeah.. let me explain this to you again. When the government takes your money in the form of taxes, and then won't give it back to you unless you jump through hoops as directed, that's force. So, I suppose if you want to split hairs, their not forcing you to go college, just forcing you to pay for it regardless.
Yeah, we’ve done that for generations...and built the greatest society the planet has ever seen.

If anything, we need to expand the practice.

Forum List

Back