USA - Anti-empire

The US overthrew Iran and put the Shah in power. They did this to keep the oil under the control of BP and not the nationalized program the duly elected prime minister put in place.

The Shah was a brutal dictator. So much for freedom.
The belief the USG militarily intervenes around the world to promote freedom is a belief only some Americans hold and it’s obviously ludicrous.

Not for long. America became completely free (except Canada)
In 1815 Europe completely lost all the colonies in America. They demanded a return, in connection with which the Doctrine was established.
Mexico didn't become independent from Spain until 1821. The US made the Louisiana Purchase in 1803. The various Central and South American countries didn't achieve independence until 1831. Cuba and Puerto Rico didn't gain independence until 1898.

The US overthrew Iran and put the Shah in power. They did this to keep the oil under the control of BP and not the nationalized program the duly elected prime minister put in place.

The Shah was a brutal dictator. So much for freedom.
The Shah was a lot less brutal than the Ayatollahs are.

The belief the USG militarily intervenes around the world to promote freedom is a belief only some Americans hold and it’s obviously ludicrous.
It's actually self-evident. This may be incomprehensible to someone who does not know historical facts, or to someone who has a low IQ.

But this was true only until 2009, and is fully true only for periods of right-wing power.

Mexico didn't become independent from Spain until 1821. The US made the Louisiana Purchase in 1803. The various Central and South American countries didn't achieve independence until 1831. Cuba and Puerto Rico didn't gain independence until 1898.
It does not change anything. This means that the Monroe Doctrine acted and gave results (including in Europe - this gave rise to the Hungarian Revolution and the Spring of Nations)

The Shah was a lot less brutal than the Ayatollahs are.
Try telling the victims of SAVAK, why do you think the people in Iran had a revolution? the Americans and British overthrew the elected president Mossadegh, that's why all the talk from the US and British about democracy is a pile of Elephant shit, no one takes lectures off them.

It's all about this, Butler had it right years ago, why it's so hard for people to understand i have no idea.

I spent 33 years and 4 months In active service as a member of our country's most agile military force – the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from a second lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period I spent most of my time being a high-class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer for capitalism. … Thus I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. … I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-12. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. … During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. I was rewarded with honors, medals, promotion. Looking back on it, I feel I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three city districts. We Marines operated on three continents.

It's all about this, Butler had it right years ago, why it's so hard for people to understand i have no idea.

I spent 33 years and 4 months In active service as a member of our country's most agile military force – the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from a second lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period I spent most of my time being a high-class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer for capitalism. … Thus I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. … I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-12. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. … During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. I was rewarded with honors, medals, promotion. Looking back on it, I feel I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three city districts. We Marines operated on three continents.
Our founding fathers were adamantly opposed to war and standing armies. Most Americans agreed with them for a long time.

The nation wanted nothing to do with WWI and regretted our involvement so much so they wanted nothing to do with WWII. After Vietnam, again public opinion opposing war was strong.

This strong noninterventionist collective opinion has effectively evaporated in the passed two to three decades, even in the face of the treasonous lies of the W administration and it’s fabricated Iraq War, along with the debacle in Afghanistan. It appears most Americans support non-stop wars of choice.

Our founding fathers were adamantly opposed to war and standing armies. Most Americans agreed with them for a long time.

The nation wanted nothing to do with WWI and regretted our involvement so much so they wanted nothing to do with WWII. After Vietnam, again public opinion opposing war was strong.

This strong noninterventionist collective opinion has effectively evaporated in the passed two to three decades, even in the face of the treasonous lies of the W administration and it’s fabricated Iraq War, along with the debacle in Afghanistan. It appears most Americans support non-stop wars of choice.
It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4

It does not change anything. This means that the Monroe Doctrine acted and gave results (including in Europe - this gave rise to the Hungarian Revolution and the Spring of Nations)
The Monroe Doctrine had no teeth. When it was declared, the USA had a Navy with less than ten ships and an army that didn’t exist. It wasn’t even a bluff, Monroe hoped the British would enforce it. As late as 1867, the USA lacked the power to expel Emperor Maximilian from the Mexican throne that France’s Emperor Napoleon III installed the Austrian Archduke on.

If all Americans had high IQs, as they used to, there would be no doubt about it. European immigration is gradually turning Americans into autistic slaves.

If all Americans had high IQs, as they used to, there would be no doubt about it. European immigration is gradually turning Americans into autistic slaves.

FREEDOM!
1691317975653.png

Forum List

Back