What ruined comedy?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

I'll give you a hint, it sucks so bad the stench of it will cause you to go into seizures and begin to experience brain death.

You guessed it, it is the Left.

Legendary comedian Jerry Seinfeld thinks he knows what ruined television comedies.

Seinfeld — co-creator and star of "Seinfeld," which is regarded as one of the best sitcoms of all time — told the New Yorker in an interview that political correctness and the "extreme left" ruined comedic television.

"Nothing really affects comedy. People always need it. They need it so badly and they don’t get it," Seinfeld said.

"It used to be, you would go home at the end of the day, most people would go, 'Oh, "Cheers" is on. Oh, "M*A*S*H" is on. Oh, "Mary Tyler Moore" is on. "All in the Family" is on.' You just expected, 'There’ll be some funny stuff we can watch on TV tonight.' Well, guess what — where is it?" he continued.

He is right, America more than ever needs comedy, something they can't find anymore in the entertainment industry, especially with the mental health of the country in the toilet

But alas, this is what the Left wants. The more crazy people the more will kill their offspring and cut off their wing wang, etc.

No sitcom made after two and a half men is funny.... Standup isn't funny anymore... there are maybe three stand up comics that can get a laugh out of me.... and they don't get the work they once did...
I watched a guy on netflix last week do an hour long standup show... I didn't laugh one time...
Woke broke comedy... a bunch of angry unhappy people who don't like to laugh...

I'll give you a hint, it sucks so bad the stench of it will cause you to go into seizures and begin to experience brain death.

Legendary comedian Jerry Seinfeld thinks he knows what ruined television comedies.

Seinfeld — co-creator and star of "Seinfeld," which is regarded as one of the best sitcoms of all time — told the New Yorker in an interview that political correctness and the "extreme left" ruined comedic television.

"Nothing really affects comedy. People always need it. They need it so badly and they don’t get it," Seinfeld said.

"It used to be, you would go home at the end of the day, most people would go, 'Oh, "Cheers" is on. Oh, "M*A*S*H" is on. Oh, "Mary Tyler Moore" is on. "All in the Family" is on.' You just expected, 'There’ll be some funny stuff we can watch on TV tonight.' Well, guess what — where is it?" he continued.

He is right, America more than ever needs comedy, something they can't find anymore in the entertainment industry, especially with the mental health of the country in the toilet

But alas, this is what the Left wants. The more crazy people the more will kill their offspring and cut off their wing wang, etc.
See picture below...

pajama-boy-Obamacare.jpg

I don't find any newer shows funny anymore. Almost everything I watch now is from the 60s to the early 2000s. Pretty much everything made in the past 10 years sucks and nothing is funny anymore.

I mean really, what was the last great tv show that was funny or movie that was funny that was actually really good and considered even a semi classic?

Then again Hollywood doesn't make anything that can with stand the test of time anymore. 98% of it might be a momentary hit but it quickly fades away never to be mentioned again.

It's all too cautious and careful and aware of itself. Too many activists have their hand in Hollywood and television. The lowest common denominator has to be catered to, people can't be offended, everything has to be diverse. Creativity is being squished for the sake of social agendas.

Aqua teen hunger force managed to explain things in a rather quick and simple way.

Who needs comedy on the TV when we have your post on this forum to laugh at?

the laugh track.

(some credit Red Skelton with inventing, tho he never used it)

by using the laugh track, comedians have no need to be funny.

tell a joke, hit a switch.

Occasionally, rarely, SNL has some truly funny skits: Celebrity Jeopardy, Alien Abduction, Beavis and Butthead in the audience

Last edited:
But then what about the little whiny bitch P01135809 snubbed the annual Washington gala for the three years in a row.
What a chickenshit little baby.
They might hurt the turds feelings.
And you want to talk about comedy!

P01135809 is the joke.. But some don't realize it yet.

But then what about the little whiny bitch P01135809 snubbed the annual Washington gala for the three years in a row.
What a chickenshit little baby.
They might hurt the turds feelings.
And you want to talk about comedy!

P01135809 is the joke.. But some don't realize it yet.

EVERYTHING isn't about Trump.

the laugh track.

(some credit Red Skelton with inventing, tho he never used it)

by using the laugh track, comedians have no need to be funny.

tell a joke, hit a switch.
When i visited New York a long time ago, my family was invited to participate as the audience of a pilot in a new TV series. As we all in the audience sat there, we couldnt find anything worth laughing at. We told the census taker that we thought the show bombed, and got thanked for our input. Then 6 months later that very show showed up with an audience laugh track, and still couldnt get past the pilot. Hollyweird will do what weird will do, and not give a shit about who or what watches it.

Catering to safe spacers frailties
Comedy By Nature pokes usually truthful fun at some one or something and The Fragiles can’t handle it .

Forum List

Back