which countries in Europ did your ancestors come from?

a fine micture!
All pretty close geographically. What is interesting is how and when the various bloodlines entered the family. For example, there was no Norwegian blood until my father and mother married (mother was 100 percent Norsky). The English/Welch blood came in in the 1840's. The German came in around 1900 when my grandmother married my grandfather (she was 100 percent Kraut). The oldest bloodline was Dutch.

My kids have one added bloodline, Swiss, from their mother who was Swiss/German.

Last edited:
All pretty close geographically. What is interesting is how and when the various bloodlines entered the family. For example, there was no Norwegian blood until my father and mother married (mother was 100 percent Norsky). The English/Welch blood came in in the 1840's. The German came in around 1900 when my grandmother married my grandfather (she was 100 percent Kraut). The oldest bloodline was Dutch.

My kids have one added bloodline, Swiss, from their mother who was Swiss/German.

btw ….. i understandvSwiss German …..it s veryy rare

Germany, Baden in the Southwest near the Rhine River.
Ireland, Donegal in the Northwest.

Austria.

Poland wasn't an independent country when my ancestors came to the US to pursue ground level opportunities in the then burgeoning industry of coal excavation and transportation.

it will be a wide selction?,

do you know them all?

Yes. They came during the last 50-45,000 years from Africa the way over Asia to Europe to the Holy Roman Empire. And there is the rest of them still today - dead or alive.

Translation

People argue often
about the value of happiness
One calls the other stupid
In the end nobody knows anything
The poorest man
is far too rich for the other
Fate sets the slicer to work
And slices everything the same

Death shows up one day, with all due respect
and plucks me: Brother come
I turn a little deaf ear
and don't look round at all.
But he says: Dear Valentine
don't go to any trouble, go
so I lay down my plane
and bid the world farewell

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

They came out of Africa first. By the time they got to Europe they were an inbred species. Then they went on to pollute the Western Hemisphere.

cool

Or with other words: You also do not have any concrete idea about why the population of the homo sapiens sapiens in Africa broke down to less than 1000 individuals about 70,000 years ago. Or do you?

Forum List

Back