Why are eggs in Italy not refrigerated?

Does it make a difference? in the fridge or not? :dunno:
As the OP said, unwashed fresh eggs don't need refrigeration if you're going to use them within a few weeks. Store bought eggs though have been washed and won't keep nearly as long and it is safer to keep them refrigerated.

As the OP said, unwashed fresh eggs don't need refrigeration if you're going to use them within a few weeks. Store bought eggs though have been washed and won't keep nearly as long and it is safer to keep them refrigerated.

I always keep them refrigerated :)

And after all that, l like duck eggs. :cool:

I can only get them in the Chinese supermarket here, or the US and the UK.

I always keep them refrigerated :)
Yes. Since we've lived in the city, farm fresh eggs are far more difficult to come by and there is no local outlet nearby to buy them. So we put up with store bought eggs. And refrigerated them. But it has never seemed as healthy to me as it did when we could buy eggs or harvest our own in the same 24 hours they were laid.

Yes. Since we've lived in the city, farm fresh eggs are far more difficult to come by and there is no local outlet nearby to buy them. So we put up with store bought eggs. And refrigerated them. But it has never seemed as healthy to me as it did when we could buy eggs or harvest our own in the same 24 hours they were laid.

Yes, I agree it's always better french but....oh well....what can you do! :dunno:

And after all that, l like duck eggs. :cool:

I can only get them in the Chinese supermarket here, or the US and the UK.

When we had ducks, we gave the eggs to a neighbor and she feed them to her sons who were in college, said they never knew.

When we had ducks, we gave the eggs to a neighbor and she feed them to her sons who were in college, said they never knew.
To me they taste different but the difference is very nuanced. I supposed with a lot of seasoning most people wouldn't notice unless they were looking for a difference.

To me they taste different but the difference is very nuanced. I supposed with a lot of seasoning most people wouldn't notice unless they were looking for a difference.

The taste is a bit richer than regular eggs.

I can get goose eggs from my local farmers’ market. Now that’s what you’d call an egg. Several omelettes out of just one. ;)

The taste is a bit richer than regular eggs.

I can get goose eggs from my local farmers’ market. Now that’s what you’d call an egg. Several omelettes out of just one. ;)
I was gifted with an ostrich egg once. You can feed the whole large family with one of those. :) (I used the white only for an angel food cake and it came out pretty good.)

What's your process for poaching them?
1714465987899.png

Go to the Corner store or supermarket?? You sorta exchange money for them!!!

Shop​

Showing all 4 results

Default sorting Sort by popularity Sort by average rating Sort by latest Sort by price: low to high Sort by price: high to low
You really ARE a dumb pakeha!!!!
Greg

Farm eggs are more dependent upon the farmer than you would think. I've had good and not so good eggs from a farm.

Farm eggs aren't exactly sized uniformly either. Some are bigger than others. They are random sized. And the yolks don't break easily....like the shells on Farm eggs doesn't break as easily either. And it takes a minute to get used to the difference. (How people fit ten fingers from both hands on one egg is beyond me)

But I've just about converted most of my recipes to volume instead of count for eggs. Just because of its cheaper to be flexible. (Especially in a bakery)

Forum List

Back