1% folks who rail against the capitalist system that nonetheless made them filthy rich.. PHONY

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022

This is a great read

Another one would be the books by Peter Sweizer that go into considerable detail on how corrupt such persons (mentioned at that site above) as Bernie Sanders and Michael Moore want capitalism for them but not for you. But you need to vote for these folks because they do SO much to alleviate poverty...

Actually, I haven't heard of them doing one damn thing to help people who don't have access to huge sums of money like they do.. Is there a Bernie Sanders or Michael Moore homeless shelter I haven't heard of ?

There are some shady dealings in the story of Sanders wich you find in Schweizer's books

He is a total phony

And yet people are always fawning over him... Please. . He's probably the biggest hypocrite of all in DC, which is really saying something.

All he does w/ his wealth is accumulate more. . I don't see where he does any charity.. ditto Moore

There are some shady dealings in the story of Sanders wich you find in Schweizer's books

He is a total phony

And yet people are always fawning over him... Please. . He's probably the biggest hypocrite of all in DC, which is really saying something.

All he does w/ his wealth is accumulate more. . I don't see where he does any charity.. ditto Moore
The more wealth one has the less than can be trusted. Even the bible says it.

Gracie Slick ... every hippy's wet dream cum true ... said it best: "I was wrong, being rich is the coolest thing of all" ... so much for free rent ...

The girl singer for Jefferson Airplane/Starship ... Height/Ashbury's answer to Marilynn Monroe ...

Gracie Slick ... every hippy's wet dream cum true ... said it best: "I was wrong, being rich is the coolest thing of all" ... so much for free rent ...

The girl singer for Jefferson Airplane/Starship ... Height/Ashbury's answer to Marilynn Monroe ...
don't get that free lunch comment

From the OP site

Author quotes someone saying: "[Sanders] made some money off a book. And I think that the opportunity that he has had is evaporating for so many others. He feels that strongly.”

He had the opportunity, wants to share the opportunity, the opportunity is evaporating. Got it.

Bernie is, of course, not the first person to use this “my wealth good, your wealth bad” line while attacking other rich people.

During the Occupy Wall Street protests in 2011, Michael Moore posted a screed to his website defending his being in the 1 percent while railing against capitalism. No, you see, he didn’t make his money via capitalism. He made his money by making films and selling these — which is somehow completely different than how other capitalists do it. “I make my money the old school, honest way by making things,” he wrote with no hint of irony or introspection.

This is a great read

Another one would be the books by Peter Sweizer that go into considerable detail on how corrupt such persons (mentioned at that site above) as Bernie Sanders and Michael Moore want capitalism for them but not for you. But you need to vote for these folks because they do SO much to alleviate poverty...

Actually, I haven't heard of them doing one damn thing to help people who don't have access to huge sums of money like they do.. Is there a Bernie Sanders or Michael Moore homeless shelter I haven't heard of ?
So change the channel and stop being a brainwashed functional moron. What you mean is, folks who rail against the UNFAIR capitalist system etcetera etcetera... For 35 years now it has a been a unfair giveaway to the rich GOP mess. Which gives us the worst upward mobility and inequality and homelessness ever anywhere in the modern world by far. Great job!

From the OP site

Author quotes someone saying: "[Sanders] made some money off a book. And I think that the opportunity that he has had is evaporating for so many others. He feels that strongly.”

He had the opportunity, wants to share the opportunity, the opportunity is evaporating. Got it.

Bernie is, of course, not the first person to use this “my wealth good, your wealth bad” line while attacking other rich people.

During the Occupy Wall Street protests in 2011, Michael Moore posted a screed to his website defending his being in the 1 percent while railing against capitalism. No, you see, he didn’t make his money via capitalism. He made his money by making films and selling these — which is somehow completely different than how other capitalists do it. “I make my money the old school, honest way by making things,” he wrote with no hint of irony or introspection.
And he also wants rich people to be taxed more...... Spare me the pavlov's dog GOP response....

Last edited:
What you mean is, folks who rail against the UNFAIR capitalist system etcetera etcetera... For 35 years now it has a been a unfair giveaway to the rich GOP mess. Which gives us the worst upward mobility and inequality and homelessness ever anywhere in the modern world by far. Great job!
Well, for one thing.. it is not A unfair giveaway, it is AN unfair... sheez

Once again you confirm how uneducated libs are.. no, seriously... not just a R talking point here. They are not just clueless and illogical, they are uneducated.

then there is this BS.. the thing about Rs being responsible for inequality and homelessness.

How utterly absurd. Have you not noticed the rise in.. shall we call them Bidenvilles? And when obummer was in office they were called obamavilles, tent cities of homeless people everywhere you look in any given city..

CA (obviously run by dimrats) has the highest per capita homeless population

What does Newsom care? He's too busy running for the White House.. doesn't have time for those pesky homeless people who can't afford $2000 a month rent (even if they do make $14 an hour these days)

And he also wants rich people to be taxed more......
They are already over-taxed, or at least some of them. True, Trump and others get out from under a lot of taxes. But that is not their fault. It is the fault of those MAKING tax law, Congress.

There needs to be some kind of .. shall we say Citizen's Congress to oversee Congress and make sure there is no funny business aka corruption and insider trading.. I don't know why the Founders didn't foresee this kind of thing.. the need for oversight of Congress by We the People.

They are already over-taxed, or at least some of them. True, Trump and others get out from under a lot of taxes. But that is not their fault. It is the fault of those MAKING tax law, Congress.

There needs to be some kind of .. shall we say Citizen's Congress to oversee Congress and make sure there is no funny business aka corruption and insider trading.. I don't know why the Founders didn't foresee this kind of thing.. the need for oversight of Congress by We the People.
The GOP gave us these giveaway to the rich tax rates in 1987 and have blocked any changes since period end of story. On average the richest people in the country pay the same tax rate as you do. Totally unfair and the reason we have the worst inequality upward mobility and homelessness etcetera ever anywhere by far. Hello?!?

The GOP gave us these giveaway to the rich tax rates in 1987 and have blocked any changes since period end of story. On average the richest people in the country pay the same tax rate as you do. Totally unfair and the reason we have the worst inequality upward mobility and homelessness etcetera ever anywhere by far. Hello?!?
Did you read my post?

CA, run by dumdimrats has the HIGHEST homeless rate of any of the 50 states.. tent cities everywhere.. Newsome can't be bothered.

I could get stats on other states also if you'd like..

Wake up

Well, for one thing.. it is not A unfair giveaway, it is AN unfair... sheez

Once again you confirm how uneducated libs are.. no, seriously... not just a R talking point here. They are not just clueless and illogical, they are uneducated.

then there is this BS.. the thing about Rs being responsible for inequality and homelessness.

How utterly absurd. Have you not noticed the rise in.. shall we call them Bidenvilles? And when obummer was in office they were called obamavilles, tent cities of homeless people everywhere you look in any given city..

CA (obviously run by dimrats) has the highest per capita homeless population

What does Newsom care? He's too busy running for the White House.. doesn't have time for those pesky homeless people who can't afford $2000 a month rent (even if they do make $14 an hour these days)
As you get richer, those taxes recede, and you're mainly getting hit be federal taxes. So that's another lesson: When you omit state and local taxes from your analysis, you're omitting the taxes that hit lower-income taxpayers hardest. But here is really the only tax graph you need: It's total tax burden by income group.

The one tax graph you really need to know - Washington Post

www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2012/09/19/heres-why-the-47-percent-argument-is-an-abuse-of-tax-data/

www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2012/09/19/heres-why-the-47-percen…

And he also wants rich people to be taxed more...... Spare me the pavlov's dog GOP response....
Progs have had ample opportunity to tax the rich into the rafters. At the same time reduce the taxes to the working class. They are not the party of the working class.

As you get richer, those taxes recede, and you're mainly getting hit be federal taxes. So that's another lesson: When you omit state and local taxes from your analysis, you're omitting the taxes that hit lower-income taxpayers hardest. But here is really the only tax graph you need: It's total tax burden by income group.

The one tax graph you really need to know - Washington Post

View attachment 743378
www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2012/09/19/heres-why-the-47-percen…
Did you read my post?

CA, run by dumdimrats has the HIGHEST homeless rate of any of the 50 states.. tent cities everywhere.. Newsome can't be bothered.

I could get stats on other states also if you'd like..

Wake up
while you are at it, find out what states they are from. California treats the homeless very well while back home in republican states they have to hide, or disgrace. At any rate it's all about 35 years of give away to the rich GOP tax rates so we have no money to invest in training and education or infrastructure and the place is going to hell. Blaming anything on the Democrats is ridiculous at this point
while you are at it, find out what states they are from. California treats the homeless very well while back home in republican states they have to hide, a disgrace. At any rate it's all about 35 years of give away to the rich GOP tax rates so we have no money to invest in training and education or infrastructure and the place is going to hell. Blaming anything on the Democrats is ridiculous at this point

Last edited:
Progs have had ample opportunity to tax the rich into the rafters. At the same time reduce the taxes to the working class. They are not the party of the working class.
The hell they have period takes 60 votes to raise taxes on the rich, and the only time they had was 30 days at the beginning of Obama when the economy was a total shambles, no time to raise taxes on anybody....

Forum List

Back