100,000 Retiree Households and Unspecified # businesses burned in CA

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Fire and flood season is not yet over but at $600,000 for an average house, call it half a trillion for retirees and their heirs moving out. Likewise increasing taxes, inventory losses and structural damage should account for at least that much more. Since a lower tax base means reduced services and damages to first responder equipment will mean very much reduced services.

And especially arson to finance an exit from the much diminished CA will increase and like with the ongoing gang wars the Cops Firefighters will be buried in more investigations than can be investigated. Worse yet the risk of dying on the job will increase at least some. Who will sign up for police, EMTs or fire protection for higher risk with stagnant or declining pay and benefits? The hit will be huge. Even silicon valley is starting to move out of the left coast and CA in particular.

Property Taxes cost ~$8000/yr for typical home ~40-50mi (1.5 hours in traffic) outside SJ/SC/SV areas (Silicon Valley area). ~1.125%*value.

I would have to look it up but seems INS was ~$300-500/mo? E-quake was additional, but not many buy it?

$2K-3K/mo Mortgage payments often heard. This was for regular folks.

Last edited:
Property Taxes cost ~$8000/yr for typical home ~40-50mi (1.5 hours in traffic) outside SJ/SC/SV areas (Silicon Valley area). ~1.125%*value.

I would have to look it up but seems INS was ~$500-600/mo? E-quake was additional, no one buys it?

$2K-3K/mo Mortgage payments often heard. This was for regular folks.
If the fire/flood seasons keep going nearly all year round due to 16 years of foregone maintenance the tax base will shrink worse than LA after Katrina. I use that example because it too was the result of foregone maintenance. But CA is much larger than LA in population so the national impact will be greater.

All that destruction....because liberal mismanagement of land / resources...

...and now Cortez and the Democrats want to spend $1 trillion in tax payer dollars on Global Warming...

All that destruction....because liberal mismanagement of land / resources...

...and now Cortez and the Democrats want to spend $1 trillion in tax payer dollars on Global Warming...

Mismanagement? So you are FOR More regulation ? I thought cons hated that?

You guys are real scum. Red areas like Houston get flooded and everyone helps . A blue state gets hit, “it’s all their fault “.

I am against liberal 'Social Justice F* Ups' who FAIL to do the job they were entrusted to do, cause billions of dollars of damage, houses and businesses to be burned, who then attempt to pass the buck by claiming Global Warming was responsible, then declare they want to spend $1 trillion of our tax dollars to combat Global Warming.

Liberals should stick to community organizing and marching for the Russians and leave government service to those not incompetent, stupid, and motivated by emotion instead of facts / data.

I am against liberal 'Social Justice F* Ups' who FAIL to do the job they were entrusted to do, cause billions of dollars of damage, houses and businesses to be burned, who then attempt to pass the buck by claiming Global Warming was responsible, then declare they want to spend $1 trillion of our tax dollars to combat Global Warming.

Liberals should stick to community organizing and marching for the Russians and leave government service to those not incompetent, stupid, and motivated by emotion instead of facts / data.

I’m sorry . I thought Trump was in charge ?

Forum List

Back