"12 Years a Slave" wins Oscar

Ten bucks none of the people bitching in this thread have bothered to watch the movie.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

I didn't see the movie and didn't have to see the movie to know that there was a demand that the movie win because "it's time".

OSCARS: ?12 Years A Slave? Telling Voters ?It?s Time? ? But How Will It Resonate?

It’s Time for a serious film about slavery to win Best Picture?

It’s Time for any film about the black experience to win Best Picture?

It’s Time for a film with a largely black cast, theme, black director and screenwriter to win?

It’s Time those Academy members who have resisted seeing it, because they think it’s too brutal, stick their screener in their DVD player and watch.

Whichever way you look at it, it’s an effective and simple way of getting the film’s message across. Two words, that’s all

Anyone who didn't vote for 12 years is a bigot. It's time. It doesn't need to be a great movie or even a good one. It's time. Even if the movie deserved the Oscar, that has been buried in the naked demand for the Oscar solely because it's time.

I didn't see the movie and didn't have to see the movie to know that there was a demand that the movie win because "it's time".

OSCARS: ?12 Years A Slave? Telling Voters ?It?s Time? ? But How Will It Resonate?

It’s Time for a serious film about slavery to win Best Picture?

It’s Time for any film about the black experience to win Best Picture?

It’s Time for a film with a largely black cast, theme, black director and screenwriter to win?

It’s Time those Academy members who have resisted seeing it, because they think it’s too brutal, stick their screener in their DVD player and watch.

Whichever way you look at it, it’s an effective and simple way of getting the film’s message across. Two words, that’s all

Anyone who didn't vote for 12 years is a bigot. It's time. It doesn't need to be a great movie or even a good one. It's time. Even if the movie deserved the Oscar, that has been buried in the naked demand for the Oscar solely because it's time.

So you haven't seen it? And have no idea if it deserved the award or if it was a good movie. Got it.

Look up the director, then we will talk about the academy just handing out the award to appease liberals. The man is talented. Believing the movie won due to political correctness not on merit is called bigotry. Yes, black people can make a good movie, and a movie on slavery can be a great movie. Get the fuck over it.

I guess the director won awards for Hunger at Cannes due to Irish Affirmative Action. Steve McQueen is a great director, this is just the beginning of his career. Get over your ignorance.
And you wonder why minorities don't vote republican. Lol

I guess Leto won because LGBT agenda too.

Neither of you have seen it, but you're convinced that it didn't win on its merits, but because of racial sensitivity.

What was Lumpy saying the other day about race-baiting threads only coming from liberals?

Fucking scumbags.

Yo Jed...if you read carefully the OP is not a critique of the movie....duh.

The op isn't, but the responses from the usual suspects are.

Just a reminder...this thread is not about the movie...I'm sure it's worth seeing as much as the rest of the crap Hollywood puts out is worth seeing. This thread is about Obabble and the job he is doing....which is not worth seeing or tolerating.

Forum List

Back