🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

14-Year-Old Playing “Doorbell Ditch” Prank Gets Shot By Homeowner, who gets arrested, not the 1st time this has happened with this specific prank

You are all over the place. If you don't have common sense then there's no reason to even respond to this shit.
Without naming any names, I'm getting the impression that several are leaning toward supporting the homeowner's right to kill a child.

But I'm cautious of saying that some support shooting kids because they only hint at support of such.
We should all just wait until we get positive support from them.

(in fact, I've changed my mind and support the American children)
There's nothing to gain by pretending to support evil.

They make pretty effective and inexpensive alarm systems with cameras these days. If the imbecile was getting repeated occurrences he could have added an alarm system and get video of the culprits. Duh.

We shouldn't let 14-year-olds vote, but I don't think "doorbell ditch" deserves the death penalty.

Did you read the article. The kid didn't die. Slight wound to the arm. If I were a MOD I would ban you for a week for this infraction.

Did you read the article. The kid didn't die. Slight wound to the arm. If I were a MOD I would ban you for a week for this infraction.
Yeah!
Rather embarasing for some it should seem that with nearly two dozen posts, no one mentioned this yet (and it would seem didn't bother to read the linked article), and so many assumed the 14 year old was killed.

Yeah!
Rather embarasing for some it should seem that with nearly two dozen posts, no one mentioned this yet (and it would seem didn't bother to read the linked article), and so many assumed the 14 year old was killed.
But.....but.....but.......... the kid alive vs dead makes for a much less exciting story.

We shouldn't let 14-year-olds vote, but I don't think "doorbell ditch" deserves the death penalty.

Either you didn't read the article, or if you did... you just wanna believe that.
As stated in the article, the teens repeatedly knocked on both the front and back door. She could also hear someone running around the home leading the female in the home to believe someone was going to try and break in the property. She woke the male up who thought, according to what she told him, there were people trying to break in. He looked out the window and saw two figures at his back door. And shot one of them.

Having said that, OBVIOUSLY it is not legal to shoot someone who is outside of your home. He should have just yelled "I have a gun"... no doubt the kids would have ran away. BUUT - 2 things, he didn't know they were kids - and there was a recent break in at a neighbors home.

The story of the day is not so much the dude with the gun, but these eye poppingly stupid kids to repeatedly pound on this persons doors and running around their house. You are asking to get shot at that point.

Either you didn't read the article, or if you did... you just wanna believe that.
As stated in the article, the teens repeatedly knocked on both the front and back door. She could also hear someone running around the home leading the female in the home to believe someone was going to try and break in the property. She woke the male up who thought, according to what she told him, there were people trying to break in. He looked out the window and saw two figures at his back door. And shot one of them.

Having said that, OBVIOUSLY it is not legal to shoot someone who is outside of your home. He should have just yelled "I have a gun"... no doubt the kids would have ran away. BUUT - 2 things, he didn't know they were kids - and there was a recent break in at a neighbors home.

The story of the day is not so much the dude with the gun, but these eye poppingly stupid kids to repeatedly pound on this persons doors and running around their house. You are asking to get shot at that point.
Children asking to get shot?

What better way could you find to illustrate the state of depravity and cruelty displayed toward your own country's children?

I think that in the real world, none of us should accept the exaggerated emotions of the pro-gun crowd. At the very least as it applies to white children.

Children asking to get shot?

What better way could you find to illustrate the state of depravity and cruelty displayed toward your own country's children?

I think that in the real world, none of us should accept the exaggerated emotions of the pro-gun crowd. At the very least as it applies to white children.
Strawman to an absurd degree much?
Holy Cow :lol:

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but does this law still apply when your home is what is being shot at first?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I remember this being done in the middle of the Back To The Future 2 film when Mr. Strickland's home is shot up.
Not is this state. If you have superior aim, firepower or control, the one that shoots at your house can undoubtedly be dead meat with no charges filed, even if shot on the run from your property while still armed, especially at night.

Unlike the OP's opinion, I would suggest that the doorbell prank 'does' deserve the death penalty in America, and I'm not the only one of that opinion!

So how about the most vocal pro-gun advocates on this forum. 2A guy, do you think the 'stand your ground' law should apply to a homeowners right to kill children.

Bearing in mind that the perpetrator might not be a child? Could the law be amended to say that nobody under 3'6" tall can be justifiably murdered?

Keeping in mind the object is to not cause a gun problem for the little ones.
As a strong pro-gun advocate I will only use lethal force to stop an attack by an individual who threatens my health or life or someone else’s life or health.

Now if someone breaks into my home, I will consider him to be a serious threat as it is always possible to break into an unoccupied home and it is not all that dificult to determine if someone is home. I may point a firearm at him and order him to comply with my orders but if he instead rushes me, I will shoot him. If he runs out the door, I will not shoot.

Of course I have no desire to ever have to shoot anyone especially a child. The problem is often it is hard to determine in a situation whern someone is attacking you with a weapon in their hand just how old they are. Plus even a fifteen year old with a machete can kill you. A machete can take your head right off.

What is going on with today's youth?

I can say for certain that stuff like this was not done back in the good old days....

Now, in 2022, in Biden's America...kids are doing this??

What will be next.....toilet papering someone's home??

The homeowner had no choice but to shoot
absolute bullshit.
Kids are kids and they do stupid shit like TP houses and flaming bags of turds out front. Should they be punished ? yes Do you need to pull a gun for the crime? hell no.

I guess a few people here need to get a grip on the Use of Force continuum, which regulates what level of response for what level of threat. This is why our second amendment is so important, the states are negligent in the training of all citizens in the use of firearms. Lots of stupidity would not happen in the US if everyone was trained as the framers intended.

Forum List

Back