14 year old shoots 5 family members dead as US killing fields clam 10,000 victims this year

Boy, 14, admits killing five family members

A 14-year-old boy in Alabama has been charged with murder after confessing to killing five members of his own family, US police say.

The boy is accused of killing three siblings, aged six months, five and six, as well as his father John Sisk, 38, and stepmother Mary Sisk, 35.

He is being charged as a juvenile but could face being tried as an adult.

The shooting happened late on Monday in the small town of Elkmont in northern Alabama.

The good guy with a gun must have been saving lives elsewhere whilst this was going on.

I wonder what lessons this gun crazy country might learn from this ?

I ask Again!?!? Why do you care as you don’t live in the US?

See post # 126, different thread?

Personally, I don't think he is that smart. But. . . it is easier for a smart person to play dumb, than it is dumb person to play smart? :dunno:

Still less than 1% of all murders occur in mass shootings.
Why do they almost all happen here? On a regular basis?

Anything that accounts for less than one percent of the total doesn't happen that often by definition

99% of all murders take place outside of mass shooting events

So which is the problem we should be concerned with the most?
Americans are lacking compassion for others, just like you exhibit here. You don't care who gets hurt, just as long as you can play a tough guy. Here's news for you:
View attachment 277580

Where am I playing "tough guy" ? I am dispassionately looking at the numbers and not letting my emotions dictate my actions

And news flash most people don't really care about people they don't know. Oh you all say you do then you go about your life like it never happened because it has no direct impact on you.
No, I'm at least willing to try things so more people don't get shot. You want more people shot, that's the difference, otherwise you'd be willing to do something about it.

I don't want anyone shot so stick that comment right up your ass.

And really what do you think your gun bans will do about it?

Like I said if you really worried about preventing people from being murdered you would start where most murders occur and it ain't in mass shootings.

Why do they almost all happen here? On a regular basis?

Anything that accounts for less than one percent of the total doesn't happen that often by definition

Americans are lacking compassion for others, just like you exhibit here. You don't care who gets hurt, just as long as you can play a tough guy. Here's news for you:
View attachment 277580

Where am I playing "tough guy" ? I am dispassionately looking at the numbers and not letting my emotions dictate my actions

And news flash most people don't really care about people they don't know. Oh you all say you do then you go about your life like it never happened because it has no direct impact on you.
No, I'm at least willing to try things so more people don't get shot. You want more people shot, that's the difference, otherwise you'd be willing to do something about it.

Like I said if you really worried about preventing people from being murdered you would start where most murders occur and it ain't in mass shootings.
So you don't want anything done about mass shootings. Got it. Doofus.

View attachment 277580

Where did I say that?

I said if you cared about people getting murdered you would put your efforts first and foremost where they would do the most good

You want to prioritize the least likely scenario which will do Jack Shit to lower the murder rate.

We're the only country with mass shootings as a regular thing. Take your pick.
Take my pick of what?

I'll ask again... What gun control would have stopped this kid from shooting these people?
Lots of countries don't have this kind of constant mass murder shit. Take your pick.
Take my pick of what?
Of countries that don't have constant mass shootings. What is it that you don't get? :dunno:
He gets it. Nobody is that stupid. He is just deflecting.
Get what?

He says, "we need more gun control".

I say, "what gun control would have stopped this kid from shooting people?"

He says, "take your pick."

What kind of answer is that, and why are you patting him on the back for that useless response? Do you people even believe in the positions you take? Why cant you defend your ideas?

Get what?
Good question - what laws -would- stop a 14yr old from stealing a gun that was in the house illegally and shooting people with it.
If you don't get a direct answer its because the person you asked knows there aren't any.

View attachment 277580

Where did I say that?

I said if you cared about people getting murdered you would put your efforts first and foremost where they would do the most good

You want to prioritize the least likely scenario which will do Jack Shit to lower the murder rate.
No, it would have to be a comprehensive nation wide set of new rules for all gun owners.

Take my pick of what?

I'll ask again... What gun control would have stopped this kid from shooting these people?
Lots of countries don't have this kind of constant mass murder shit. Take your pick.
Take my pick of what?
Of countries that don't have constant mass shootings. What is it that you don't get? :dunno:
Get what?

What kind of answer is that, and why are you patting him on the back for that useless response? Do you people even believe in the positions you take? Why cant you defend your ideas?
You look at what other countries are doing to get a grip on gun violence. There are plenty of them out there. Take your pick. Numpty.

You look at what other countries are doing to get a grip on gun violence. There are plenty of them out there.
Heh.
Pick one of those countries.
Feel free to demonstrate the necessary relationship between the gun laws in that countries and their lower rates of gun-related violence.

No, it would have to be a comprehensive nation wide set of new rules for all gun owners.
None of which are necessary , none of which are effective, and most, if not all of which will violate the Constitution.
Other than that, I'm sure they'll be great!
So you like your country just the way it is, getting shot up on a constant basis. Do you feel like a cowboy or something?

You look at what other countries are doing to get a grip on gun violence. There are plenty of them out there.
Heh.
Feel free to demonstrate the necessary relationship between the gun laws in that countries and their lower rates of gun-related violence.
The main thing is that they are countries with not such a high percentage of hillbillies.

None of which are necessary , none of which are effective, and most, if not all of which will violate the Constitution.
Other than that, I'm sure they'll be great!
So you like your country just the way it is...
I didn't think you'd have a meaningful response to my post - thanks for meeting my expectations.
Why should we place unnecessary, ineffective, and unconstitutional restrictions on the law abiding?

Heh.
The main thing is that they are countries with not such a high percentage of hillbillies.
What's that?
You CAN'T demonstrate the necessary relationship between the gun laws in that countries and their lower rates of gun-related violence?
I thought not.
Thanks!

Take my pick of what?
Get what?

You look at what other countries are doing to get a grip on gun violence. There are plenty of them out there. Take your pick. Numpty.
Other countries ban guns. That isnt gun control, thats a ban. In the US we have the second amendment, so that obviously isnt an option here.

So, what gun control would have stopped this kid from shooting these people? Do you not have an answer? If not, then why did you take this position in the first place?

I've seen proposals of liability insurance for gun owners, one link below. Can't drive a car without insurance since it can be a dangerous weapon, so why not the same with guns?
Accidents are already covered under house/renter liability; no insurance company will wrote a policy to cover a criminal act.
Thus, the requirement for insurance to own a gun is completely unnecessary.

I keep seeing this number, one mass shooting for every day of the year so far, or some such shit... I have to assume they are including gang shootings, shootings committed during the commission of another crime, shootings spurred by acts domestic violence. That seems like a bit of a cheat to push the numbers up.

Prior to the push to curb our Constitutional rights, I believe the definition was along the lines of: a shooting in which four or more people are injured or killed by someone unknown to them and not part of another crime.

Or some such thing... Anyway, that seems like a reasonable definition... what are the numbers when that definition is used to compile statistics I wonder...

I bet it's a shitload lower that what we're currently being forced fed...
Mass Shootings in 2019 | Gun Violence Archive
289 so far this year.
0 in the UK and most of Europe.

Yeah, they count every shooting. Gang, bank robbery, domestic, every single one. That will certainly boost the numbers in the favor of those hoping to infringe on people's Constitutional rights...
Nonsense.

None of the proposed firearm regulatory measures would ‘infringe’ on anyone’s Constitutional rights.

The measures are unwarranted, ineffective, and otherwise pointless – but they’re not ‘un-Constitutional,' having never been invalidated by the Supreme Court.

To claim otherwise is as much demagoguery as inflating the number of mass shootings.

They all do, and they are all baby steps that lead to the next step.....to claim otherwise shows you are either naive, or lying....

I've seen proposals of liability insurance for gun owners, one link below. Can't drive a car without insurance since it can be a dangerous weapon, so why not the same with guns?

Should Gun Owners Have To Buy Liability Insurance?

Guns are a Right, driving a car is not. Requiring any fee or tax on the exercise of a Right is unConstitutional...see Murdock v Pennsylvania...a Supreme Court ruling that stated you can't charge a fee to exercise a Right......and the democrats already tried this to keep blacks from voting and they had to be told they couldn't do that...

Forum List

Back