2016 DNC Convention One Huge 'BOO'-Fest

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Good Morning, News: A Democratic Boo-Fest

Well, that didn't go great. The first day of the Democratic National Convention somehow managed to be even more rancorous than its Republican counterpart, with a massive march from Bernie Sanders supporters eclipsing anything last week in Cleveland, and Sanders himself getting booed at one point by his own people. Here's a quote that seemed typical of the sentiment: “I’m gonna boo, and I’m gonna do it for the next four days."

Sanders' campaign frantically tried to rein his supporters in, and it seemed to work to a degree. When the senator and other prominent speakers took the lectern Monday night (Sanders delivering a familiar speech), the dissent had quieted. Also people were quite excited about Michelle Obama's speech.

Iowa delegate @chris_laursen: “Bernie basically fed us a bunch of Mountain Dew and now he wants us to go to bed. It’s not going to happen.”
— Jason Noble (@jasonnobleDMR) July 25, 2016

Into the maelstrom stepped Oregon Speaker of the House Tina Kotek with a short address. Kotek says Hillary Clinton has her back—and all of our backs. Senator Jeff Merkley also spoke, seeming to thread the needle with enough Bernie bullishness to hold off jeers when he endorsed Clinton.

Oh, uh, and be thankful the election wasn't held yesterday. FiveThirtyEight says Trump would win if it were. Michael Moore says it'll happen anyway, but he's mostly trying to stir people to action.

Good Morning, News: A Democratic Boo-Fest, a Bungled Fake Kidnapping, and Bullseye's Latest Bad News

Good Morning, News: A Democratic Boo-Fest

Well, that didn't go great. The first day of the Democratic National Convention somehow managed to be even more rancorous than its Republican counterpart, with a massive march from Bernie Sanders supporters eclipsing anything last week in Cleveland, and Sanders himself getting booed at one point by his own people. Here's a quote that seemed typical of the sentiment: “I’m gonna boo, and I’m gonna do it for the next four days."

Sanders' campaign frantically tried to rein his supporters in, and it seemed to work to a degree. When the senator and other prominent speakers took the lectern Monday night (Sanders delivering a familiar speech), the dissent had quieted. Also people were quite excited about Michelle Obama's speech.

Iowa delegate @chris_laursen: “Bernie basically fed us a bunch of Mountain Dew and now he wants us to go to bed. It’s not going to happen.”
— Jason Noble (@jasonnobleDMR) July 25, 2016

Into the maelstrom stepped Oregon Speaker of the House Tina Kotek with a short address. Kotek says Hillary Clinton has her back—and all of our backs. Senator Jeff Merkley also spoke, seeming to thread the needle with enough Bernie bullishness to hold off jeers when he endorsed Clinton.

Oh, uh, and be thankful the election wasn't held yesterday. FiveThirtyEight says Trump would win if it were. Michael Moore says it'll happen anyway, but he's mostly trying to stir people to action.

Good Morning, News: A Democratic Boo-Fest, a Bungled Fake Kidnapping, and Bullseye's Latest Bad News

Who do you think believes your lies? I mean, seriously...

Who do you think believes your lies? I mean, seriously...
Are you confusing me with the author of the article again? I'm just sharing other people's opinions / news. You got a problem with it / them, I suggest you talk to them.

Now Bernie walks.... The big question is if he will take his supporters with him. If he does, Hillary is in trouble!

Forum List

Back