'24 Football: A Field Quote

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Felt eager in anticipation of tonight's Bills-Dolphins matchup to cast a '24 American football yarn for the lines. What do you think (thanx for reading)?

:stir:

====

To me it seems that the 2024 season, for a post-Brady era overlook, is a classic nod to what made the football video-game era inception age (Tecmo-to-Madden) such a synthetics-smilie for anticipations and predictions (for fans of growing years!). I want to think of casting lines of field/conference movers and faves for just a general American Homeland 'feel' for continuity in this great game of wings and cleats on any given Sunday now that Brady's gone (forever). I mean, what were folks chattering about post-retirement of Terry Bradshaw (right?).

tar1.jpg

I like NY-football (but this time it's for the Bills, and not my fave-Jets, who haven't achieved much at all since Joe Namath, even with Testaverde and Curtis Martin, but maybe Aaron Rogers offers something). I like NY-football in '24 (Buffalo!), for a resurrection of the franchise. Look, they've won 4 consecutive division titles now, just as that heartbreak Jim Kelly era ('90s) Bills won 4 consecutive conference titles (wow). I like the Bills and Josh Allen (who's on the Madden-24 cover/art incidentally). They're not SF or KC or even (now) Detroit/Philly, but they've got grit and stuff and I'd like to see them at least give a team like the Rams (LA) a cross-conference Fantasy-Football season/league chirp-for-the-notes.

tar2.jpg

Eagles could soar with their new Giants transfer or fall-flat again because of some horrid/tragic injury to Hurts or something (ha). Nevertheless, Philly-Detroit comprises high-class for the NFC; there's other upstart/contenders too of course this year, which makes fan-TV somehow more 'jovial' this season ('24); that includes the Cowboys and Dolphins (too) of course. Remember that time when slightly wide-open fields made you think of single-game fun/mementos?

tar3.jpg

My neighbor was telling me about the Eagles might in Week 1 over Green Bay on a Friday in a Latin part of the Earth, and I wanted to catch tonight's (Thursday-NF) Bills and Dolphins matchup. Who doesn't appreciate that Jim Kelly and Dan Marino micro-rivalry of the '90s during that heartbreak run of the Bills' 4 consecutive Super Bowl losses? Maybe Brazil will be reading about Fran Tarkenton now thanx to Peacock (ha).

tar4.jpg

Maybe my girlfriend will make me gourmet lasagna for Thanksgiving this year now that I own the Matt Stafford Lions (rookie) QB-card (ha). Maybe the Lions will get to the Super Bowl by shocking the hell out of SF (ha). Well tonight's Bills-Dolphins 'memory-illusion' of that Kelly-Marino '90s 'thing' has me thinking post-Brady football just offers some USMB-Jabberwocky (for the Ego!).

tar5.jpg

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence" (Vince Lombardi).

====

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

Forum List

Back