3 Things To Watch For in Obama's State of the Union

BlackFlag10

College Conservative
Jun 1, 2012
FOR THE FULL ARTICLE GO TO Cameron Harris: 3 Things To Watch For In Obama's State of the Union Address

Tuesday night, President Barack Obama is slated to give his annual State of the Union address to a joint session of Congress. Politico reports that Obama will use his address to issue more challenges to a Republican Party that he sees as "vulnerable and divided." Here are 3 key issues and proposals to watch for in Tuesday night's address:

1. Infrastructure Projects
The President is expected to announce a new slate of infrastructure projects targeted at the nation's roads, bridges, and ports as an avenue towards jobs creation. Many have warned that such a proposal could see resistance from the House, but Obama and Democrats are expected to key on the Republican lawmakers who would not mind spending money to improve decaying bridges and aging roadways in their districts. Many close to the President have hinted that Obama will focus more on the middle class than he has in previous addresses and proposals. NBC reports that we should see from the President a "ramped-up progressive tone."

obama's SOTU speech will be like all this others. I'm so great. This is how great I am. I'm the greatest and if there's anything bad, the republican's did it."

1) America was great

2) America was innovative

3) Republicans not allowing every policy, just most to be passed is why the nation is pure shit.

Obama, the great divider. Someone posted where Obama was in the top 10 a great Presidents... How is that even possible when all of his policies are expansions of Bush's policies and probably the most important thing, Obama is not even done being President... How can you judge Obama and his policies when the entire economy is still shit, UE is super high, deficits are growing, we are in more wars and blah blah blah. It reminds me of how Obama won the NP before he was even a sitting President.

Lets just all admit Obama's SOTU speech will be one of a kind and incredible... Not fully divisive at all like all of his other SOTU campaign speech's. Why look at Obama's record when we can always look to the future, that has not happened.... and credit Obama for future success.

Last edited:
I disagree. I think it will be very divisive as he attacks Republicans

FOR THE FULL ARTICLE GO TO Cameron Harris: 3 Things To Watch For In Obama's State of the Union Address

Tuesday night, President Barack Obama is slated to give his annual State of the Union address to a joint session of Congress. Politico reports that Obama will use his address to issue more challenges to a Republican Party that he sees as "vulnerable and divided." Here are 3 key issues and proposals to watch for in Tuesday night's address:

The President is expected to announce a new slate of infrastructure projects targeted at the nation's roads, bridges, and ports as an avenue towards jobs creation. Many have warned that such a proposal could see resistance from the House, but Obama and Democrats are expected to key on the Republican lawmakers who would not mind spending money to improve decaying bridges and aging roadways in their districts. Many close to the President have hinted that Obama will focus more on the middle class than he has in previous addresses and proposals. NBC reports that we should see from the President a "ramped-up progressive tone."

meaning a "ramping-up" of Obama's same old FAILED economic approach of tax and spend....:eusa_hand:

1. Infrastructure = more taxes and spending.....(already a proven FAILURE the first time around)

2. Sequester avoidance = more taxes and spending...

3. Climate change = new energy taxes.....and more government spending of OUR money...

BO's real goal......the more Big Government gets to spend.....the more Big Government can control us......

I have watched, and posted, about every SotU speech since Clinton's Presidency.

I am going to skip this years.

He will refer to himself, using "I" or "Me" at least 100 times. He will bash the Courts, Republicans, Conservatives, and Gun Owners.

He will claim to want to work with others who disagree with him, but will also say that he won't compromise.

I think I will go to work instead.

I have watched, and posted, about every SotU speech since Clinton's Presidency.

I am going to skip this years.

He will refer to himself, using "I" or "Me" at least 100 times. He will bash the Courts, Republicans, Conservatives, and Gun Owners.

He will claim to want to work with others who disagree with him, but will also say that he won't compromise.

I think I will go to work instead.

Skipping it too.
The spouse and I are taking our kids to see The Blue Man group.
Much more entertaining.

I wonder how many times Obama will use the letter I in his speech? No doubt it will exceed fifty.

I wonder how many times Obama will use the letter I in his speech? No doubt it will exceed fifty.

The bars better lock up the liquor against potential drinking games.
Could lead to liver toxicity and later liver failure.

Nancy P. says: "That will all be addressed when we read about Obamacare after we pass it."

Infrastructure Projects

Who in their right minds would oppose enhancing the nations infrastructure .... at least Obama works for America rather than the Iraqi War Republicans working for the Iraqi's.

Infrastructure Projects

Who in their right minds would oppose enhancing the nations infrastructure .... at least Obama works for America rather than the Iraqi War Republicans working for the Iraqi's.

Another shovel ready project? :lmao:

Why are LOLberals always stuck on stupid?

Infrastructure Projects

Noone would oppose building/improving roads,bridges etc.
The problem is they have to go out to bid.
Then it has to be determined if the contractor has the required number of minorities, women, part-time to full-time ratio, that they pay a 'livable wage', yada, yada, yada.......
No wonder nothing ever gets done!

Infrastructure Projects

I thought that's what the failed stimulus was for? Oh that's right....it was given away to his special interests. And he even actually admitted those "shovel ready jobs were not so shovel ready" (the ONLY thing i think he's ever admitted to!). Now they're saying they need another stimulus? For what? It doesn't go where it needs to go, all he plans on doing is spending more money on failed ideas.

Infrastructure Projects

I know it was during your lifetime, and only a few years ago... But do you remember the 788 billion dollar stimulus that Obama claimed would be used to rebuild infrastructure yet never happened? Maybe that's why so many of us don't want to see a historic amount of money being wasted yet again. Odd that you are fully ok with supporting failure simply because what, it's a Democrat pushing it?

2m6vdar.jpg

Rich people need moar roads-n-bridges. You riffraff stay off 'em!

2udw77m.jpg

Screw you! We're not leaving until the rich pay a little bit more for this bridge!

Last edited:
Infrastructure Projects

So you want to send more of our Tax dollars to prop up overseas interests? Just like what happened the last time.

A push from Obama to do to the Housing Industry what the Dems did to healthcare. Apparently Bam was dismayed by all the cockroach and vermin infested digs his brethren were forced to inhabit in the Chicago slums so there's going to be a big push in the building industry for the building industry to ensure that every structure they put up remains, dirt, water, insect, vermin free, warm, with hot and cold running water, and working plumbing for at least the first one hundred years of its existence, no matter how badly the vermin, errr, the inhabitants trash their domiciles.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back