3600 year old arrow found in mint condition...

My theory is that humans were all on the same land mass at one point, then we had continental shifts that separated humans by water, but everyone still kept making bows and arrows, despite being separated.
During an ice age they could have walked to North America...and from North America to South America.

As far as I know, Australia, New Zealand and Hawaii never "invented" the bow.

"After the end of the last glacial period, some 12,000 years ago, the use of the bow seems to have spread to every inhabited region, except for Australasia and most of Oceania.[17]"

It seems likely that humans got the technology from their acestral cousins that existed long before them.
Maybe you start reading some books as to
1. Homo Sapiens Sapiens - timeline 200,000 - 80,000 years ago
2. Homo Sapiens - timeline 80,000 - 20,000 years ago
3. Neolithic - timeline 12000 years ago (where Bow and arrow - starts to show up)

The timeline of an ape-human like creature that roamed Africa around 4-6 million years ago

An "ape-human" specimen that could never be found, crossing into other continents more then 50 million years ago. E.g. a specimen originating from Madagascar/India hitting into Eurasia - thus forming the Himalayas and therefore also being found in Tibet as well.

We should have a few more climate crisis meetings when world leaders fly on their private jets and bring along the multi car motorcades of heavy SUV’s. With their polluting to solve pollution meetings who knows what else we can find.

During an ice age they could have walked to North America...and from North America to South America.

As far as I know, Australia, New Zealand and Hawaii never "invented" the bow.

"After the end of the last glacial period, some 12,000 years ago, the use of the bow seems to have spread to every inhabited region, except for Australasia and most of Oceania.[17]"

Yep, that sounds legit to me. Im going with ^ that.

Maybe you start reading some books as to
1. Homo Sapiens Sapiens - timeline 200,000 - 80,000 years ago
2. Homo Sapiens - timeline 80,000 - 20,000 years ago
3. Neolithic - timeline 12000 years ago (where Bow and arrow - starts to show up)

The timeline of an ape-human like creature that roamed Africa around 4-6 million years ago

An "ape-human" specimen that could never be found, crossing into other continents more then 50 million years ago. E.g. a specimen originating from Madagascar/India hitting into Eurasia - thus forming the Himalayas and therefore also being found in Tibet as well.
These numbers ^ could potentially be WAAAAY off. Just because we havent found evidence, doesnt mean that we know anything with certainty.

Its amazing to me how far and wide the invention of the bow traveled. I dont understand how that could happen so long ago, before anyone had ships.

...and before anyone suggests that humans all over the world independently came up with the same exact technology, that is preposterous. There is no fucking way that could happen. The "bow and arrow" is not a techolnology that all humans will inevitably invent. Its not hardwired in our DNA.
Yet they have...

Its amazing to me how far and wide the invention of the bow traveled. I dont understand how that could happen so long ago, before anyone had ships.

...and before anyone suggests that humans all over the world independently came up with the same exact technology, that is preposterous. There is no fucking way that could happen. The "bow and arrow" is not a techolnology that all humans will inevitably invent. Its not hardwired in our DNA.
its not a complicated technology,, its just a stick and a string,,

its not a complicated technology,, its just a stick and a string,,
Its complicated when no one has ever thought of it before. You will also notice that virtually every civilization made the arrows the same way, with feathers at the back, a flat and notched tip on the arrow, with a sharp rock tied the same way at the tip inside the notch.

There is no fucking way a bunch of unconnected cultures invented the exact same thing.

Its complicated when no one has ever thought of it before. You will also notice that virtually every civilization made the arrows the same way, with feathers at the back, a flat and notched tip on the arrow, with a sharp rock tied the same way at the tip inside the notch.

There is no fucking way a bunch of unconnected cultures invented the exact same thing.
dont forget there was a time when most continents were were connected do to low water,,

it also might be they were connected with a common lineage,,

scientist have already said we came from two original parents,, some call them adam and eve others say its spongebob squarepants and his girlfriend,,

dont forget there was a time when most continents were were connected do to low water,,

it also might be they were connected with a common lineage,,

scientist have already said we came from two original parents,, some call them adam and eve others say its spongebob squarepants and his girlfriend,,
Could be, or as Missourian pointed out, the ice age could have created land bridges, thereby allowing humans to spread out and populate other continents.

Could be, or as Missourian pointed out, the ice age could have created land bridges, thereby allowing humans to spread out and populate other continents.
the ice age is what created the low water levels and revealed the land bridges,,, as the ice melted the waters rose and covered the land bridges,,

its so simple even a caveman can understand it,,

Except that's not entirely true. Many different styles of points, made from many different types of materials have been found across the globe. Many technologies have been independently invented around the world. Writing, pottery, architecture, the bow, and arrow...

My theory is that humans were all on the same land mass at one point, then we had continental shifts that separated humans by water, but everyone still kept making bows and arrows, despite being separated.
Good guess! But the world began separating in to continents, 180 million years ago???

I don't see why not. They all had to solve the same problem - somehow bring a fast moving animal down.

Except that's not entirely true. Many different styles of points, made from many different types of materials have been found across the globe. Many technologies have been independently invented around the world. Writing, pottery, architecture, the bow, and arrow...
Writing is different all over the world, but arrow crafting wasnt. Pottery was likely spread as a technology just like bows and arrows were. Architecture is different all over the world, so there was no crossover there.

Forum List

Back