4th of July festivities cancelled here

initforme

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2011
Wow...no parade no fireworks. The town council cancelled all 4th of July celebration activities. There are 4 cases in the county. Oh well I never got into it all that much anyway. The grill will be going though.

e41b7e92d81ddf12d3998dc3c45d00fe.jpg

~S~

Look, this is getting ridiculous.....

Jesse Waters said it clearly: :thup:

"The American people allowed the government to lock us down. At the end of the day we’re not peasants and we’re not going to sit here forever and allow you to keep us locked down. "

Sucks I will miss the fireworks I never go to see anyway this year. Lots of things are probably gone for the year. I doubt our pool ever opens. The local concert series is cancelled.

It is insane. The "lockdown" was a mistake to begin with. The state and local governments, like Tiny Tony Fraudi, are too proud to admit it. States really should be privatized or federalized or something. In Connecticut, the governor actually hired a consulting company to oversee the "reopening." What in the fuck? Why have democrat politicians at all? They should admit they take orders from Bill Gates and George Soros, etc. The democrat governors and democrat local politicians are clearly a danger to American citizens.

To cancel all the outdoor events is beyond bizarre.

We'll have plenty of fireworks around here if they cancel fireworks around here.

My neighborhood has it's own fireworks display on 4th of July and New Years. We have neighbors who spend A LOT of money bringing fireworks back from Mexico. Just say NO to the lock down. The 4th of July is about lights in the sky and blowing shit up! :woohoo:
Instead of going to Mexico why don’t they come to Missouri? We will sell them all the fireworks they can handle.

The 4th is HUGE up here. EVERYONE has a cookout. Towns have parades, everyone's got their flags out and bunting on the porch. And do it yourself fireworks are everywhere. Jonesport has the Annual Lobster Boat races; those are serious business, the beauty pageant, the parade--all will have to be cancelled this year.
But in July, the governor says (if all goes well) we can have congregations of 50 people. So the parades and the town fireworks displays will be cancelled. But people will still be having fun and be glad to get together with some friends and neighbors for the first time in a long time, char some hotdogs, drink some beers.
And for once maybe it won't be foggy.

Wow...no parade no fireworks. The town council cancelled all 4th of July celebration activities. There are 4 cases in the county. Oh well I never got into it all that much anyway. The grill will be going though.

What exactly would you have been celebrating?

But in July, the governor says (if all goes well) we can have congregations of 50 people.

How generous of her highness to decrease such a proclamation over the kingdom
I have not heard a soul bitch about it yet. No one likes it, but they understand the necessity.

Is it a necessity?

Total cases for Maine = 1565

Total deaths = 69

Population = 1.34 million
Yes. It's a necessity. The cases and the deaths would be a lot higher if it weren't for what has been done. I believe that.

But in July, the governor says (if all goes well) we can have congregations of 50 people.

How generous of her highness to decrease such a proclamation over the kingdom
I have not heard a soul bitch about it yet. No one likes it, but they understand the necessity.
Dont Taz Me Bro. I misspoke, I learn.

Our largest town, Calais, has voted to reopen entirely, against the Governor's restrictions that are in phases lasting until at least August.
One thing you should probably keep in mind is that we have ZERO cases of Covid in our county. Had two, grand total, and both recovered without hospitalization. Nothing new for way over a month.

It will be interesting to see what Governor Mills does, if anything. I don't really know what she can do. Send in the State Police? By the time it gets through the courts, it'll all be over, anyway.

Look, this is getting ridiculous.....

Jesse Waters said it clearly: :thup:

"The American people allowed the government to lock us down. At the end of the day we’re not peasants and we’re not going to sit here forever and allow you to keep us locked down. "
They never locked me down except for that seven days I had to do in jail in the 1990's.

Forum List

Back