5 people stabbed at UC-Merced...

No…people who will persecute people for defending themselves. And go easy on the criminal.
How was this guy defending himself when he shot a car-jacking victim and then ran away? What should he have done instead of running away?

Please link to the story so I know the exact details…then we can discuss it with accuracy….I won't trust your "facts" on the story….
"HOUSTON -- One man is injured after a carjacking and shooting at a gas station in north Houston Saturday night.

Houston police responded to a shooting call around 11:15 p.m. Saturday at a Valero gas station on Jensen Drive at Reid Street in north Houston. Officials say two men jumped another man in the gas station parking lot and took the victim's Chevrolet pickup truck. Police say a witness then pulled out a gun and began shooting at the suspects, accidentally hitting the carjacking victim in the head.

The victim was transported to a nearby hospital where he remains in stable condition. Police say the witness who shot at the suspects picked up shell casings and left the scene. Police found the stolen pickup truck about a mile down the road but are still searching for the suspects."

One man injured after carjacking, shooting at gas station

Had he stayed he would have a good chance of not being arrested. But with people like you around he panicked.
So, he did the right then in your opinion, shooting a man, picking up his brass, and running away?

And it wouldn't have been people like me there, he would have been dealing with the police eh?

Nope….he shouldn't have shot at a fleeing criminal, but that can be forgiven because of adrenaline, and he shouldn't have fled the scene...

You mean people who think you aren't supposed to shoot an innocent (or guilty) person and then run away?

Tell us, what would have been the ethical thing to do in that case? Maybe help the guy you just shot? Wait for the cops?

No…people who will persecute people for defending themselves. And go easy on the criminal.
How was this guy defending himself when he shot a car-jacking victim and then ran away? What should he have done instead of running away?

Please link to the story so I know the exact details…then we can discuss it with accuracy….I won't trust your "facts" on the story….
"HOUSTON -- One man is injured after a carjacking and shooting at a gas station in north Houston Saturday night.

Houston police responded to a shooting call around 11:15 p.m. Saturday at a Valero gas station on Jensen Drive at Reid Street in north Houston. Officials say two men jumped another man in the gas station parking lot and took the victim's Chevrolet pickup truck. Police say a witness then pulled out a gun and began shooting at the suspects, accidentally hitting the carjacking victim in the head.

The victim was transported to a nearby hospital where he remains in stable condition. Police say the witness who shot at the suspects picked up shell casings and left the scene. Police found the stolen pickup truck about a mile down the road but are still searching for the suspects."

One man injured after carjacking, shooting at gas station

And of course here is another car jacking where the gun owner simply holds the criminal for police…the way most self defense gun use ends..without a shot being fired…

Man holds suspected carjacker at gunpoint until police arrive

An East Point man held a would-be carjacker at gunpoint until police arrived and arrested the suspect, according to Atlanta police.

Hashim Fannin, the car owner, says the attempted carjacking occurred just after he had pulled into a parking spot at the Family Dollar on Marietta Boulevard in northwest Atlanta earlier this month.

Fannin says the man slipped into the passenger’s seat when his doors automatically unlocked.

“He told me, ‘You know what this is,’” Fannin said. That is when Fannin says he pulled his gun out.

“I asked him to get out the car, probably not in those exact words,” Fannin said.

“I told him no, there’s no leaving, leaving was before you hopped into my car ... at this point there is not leaving,” Fannin said.

The car owner kept the suspect, Edgar Horn, 61, at gunpoint face down in the parking lot for several minutes until police arrived.

“You were not trying to rob me,” Fannin said to the man on cellphone video of the incident. “Do you just get into random people's cars ... you thought I was your friend … you thought I was your friend ... so you woke up stupid this morning?”

When police arrived, you can see Fannin wave them over, and put his gun down. The police officer shakes his hand, before putting the suspect in handcuffs.
Great. So, did the guy who shot the victim and then ran away do the right thing, yes or no?

5 people stabbed at UC Merced; suspect killed

We should ban knives...I am sure the president and his hacks will be mum on this...didn't involve a gun so....can't use it to advance any attacks against 2nd amendment.I do wonder if this was a gun free zone aka unarmed victim zone...
Thank God it was a knife and not a gun.
Yes because that makes such a BIG DIFFERENCE. I can point out MANY times someone used a knife to slaughter people....armed citizen could have dropped this POS.

We should ban knives...I am sure the president and his hacks will be mum on this...didn't involve a gun so....can't use it to advance any attacks against 2nd amendment.I do wonder if this was a gun free zone aka unarmed victim zone...

Yeah, the second amendment isn't about knives so you're right Captain Obvious
It does but you also don't realize what I am talking about so move along.

And from what I heard…the first thing they did…was get a good guy there with a gun……to shoot the knifer.

I'd rather or prefer to call a cop which are trained not a wannabe hero and start shouting people. In chaotic, panic and confusing scenario like that. You may not know who is the bad or good guy The man with a knife or the man with a gun. If it happens that they are within my reach ( gun or the knife ) I beat one of them.

You do realize that MOST people that carry open or concealed have to take training as well oh and its SHOOTING not SHOUTING.

Knives require training to be lethal, but in such hands you can rack up a much higher body count without alerting the local area than with a firearm.

Yes because that makes such a BIG DIFFERENCE. I can point out MANY times someone used a knife to slaughter people....armed citizen could have dropped this POS.

And from what I heard…the first thing they did…was get a good guy there with a gun……to shoot the knifer.

I'd rather or prefer to call a cop which are trained not a wannabe hero and start shouting people. In chaotic, panic and confusing scenario like that. You may not know who is the bad or good guy The man with a knife or the man with a gun. If it happens that they are within my reach ( gun or the knife ) I beat one of them.

You do realize that MOST people that carry open or concealed have to take training as well oh and its SHOOTING not SHOUTING.

And how many gun owners carry gun without permit or training? I know at least 2 that's just me and one of them is female. How many million irresponsible gun owners out here that are doing the same?
Even if you have CC permit is that mean are you going to just charged and start a shoot out? Most or all probably will not engage then just ran.

And how many gun owners carry gun without permit or training? I know at least 2 that's just me and one of them is female. How many million irresponsible gun owners out here that are doing the same?
Even if you have CC permit is that mean are you going to just charged and start a shoot out? Most or all probably will not engage then just ran.
I'll take the chance of being harmed by a untrained gun owner. I do wonder how many times has a LICENSED gun owner allowed to carry openly or concealed have just for the hell of it started shooting people? I doubt very many.I feel safer around armed people.

Forum List

Back