5 people stabbed at UC-Merced...

Well that is what we pay them for now isn't it? Should I not call the fire department for a fire, and expect them to come with fire hoses? Isn't that their job?
Not if you ban water because people get water-boarded.
Well, we don't, we ban water-boarding...
So why can't you apply that logic to guns?
I can. The logic is, how many people in the modern world actually need a deadly weapon? Oh, very few hence, very few guns.
They only need one when it's necessary which is at any moment.
That is entirely untrue. And stop avoiding the question.

5 people stabbed at UC Merced; suspect killed

We should ban knives...I am sure the president and his hacks will be mum on this...didn't involve a gun so....can't use it to advance any attacks against 2nd amendment.I do wonder if this was a gun free zone aka unarmed victim zone...

And from what I heard…the first thing they did…was get a good guy there with a gun……to shoot the knifer.

We should ban knives...I am sure the president and his hacks will be mum on this...didn't involve a gun so....can't use it to advance any attacks against 2nd amendment.I do wonder if this was a gun free zone aka unarmed victim zone...
Thank God it was a knife and not a gun.
Tell that to those who were stabbed.

If I could I would. Of course, if the psycho had used a gun instead, I wouldn't be able to tell the victims anything.
If one person there was allowed to carry a gun the number of stabbed would likely be about 80% less.
Or they might have shot someone else like the John Wayne trying to stop a car-jacking who shot the victim, and then ran away...

1.5 million defensive gun uses each year according to bill clinton….13 million people carrying guns today…thanks for finding one that went bad….

They should be proud to be assaulted by a mere harmless knife instead of an evil gun. Maybe they can put it on their resume or something. I wish I had been stabbed so I too could be used as a political game piece. It would be a badge of honor.
The OP made it a play of gun politics...
It is about gun politics.
In this country a whole lot is, which is why we are such a head-case of a nation.
Thank the illogical left.
Strict gun control is wholly rational, almost no one has need of such a thing any longer.

Except 1.5 million Americans each year who use guns to stop violent criminal attack…according to bill clinton.

Tell that to those who were stabbed.

If I could I would. Of course, if the psycho had used a gun instead, I wouldn't be able to tell the victims anything.
If one person there was allowed to carry a gun the number of stabbed would likely be about 80% less.
Or they might have shot someone else like the John Wayne trying to stop a car-jacking who shot the victim, and then ran away...
Stretch city.
Just as easily as the stabber could have accidentally stabbed himself.
Nope. That is a real life example of what happens when normal citizens try to play cops and heroes...

Actually, these are real life cases of the number of lives saved by armed Americans…

Some details to help you make your guess....

Wisconsin Sikh temple shooting - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia ( 6 dead, 4 wounded)

Charleston church shooting - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia ( 9 dead)

vs.

Deputies Osceola pastor shot church janitor in self-defense ( 0 dead)

6 Shot At New Life Church Gunman 2 Churchgoers Dead - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com ( 2 dead, 3 wounded)

Remember This SC Concealed Carrier Stops Mass Shooting During Church Service. No Casualties. ( 0 dead)
No guns: 15 dead

Sikh temple ( 6 dead, 4 wounded)

Charleston ( 9 dead)

Parishioners with guns: 2 dead

Osceola ( 0 dead )

New life ( 2 dead, 3 wounded)

South Carolina shotgun guy ( 0 dead)

Temple massacre has some Sikhs mulling gun ownership

The president of the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin had only a butter knife on hand, which he used to fight the gunman. He was killed, but his heroic actions were credited for slowing the shooter. Guns were not allowed in the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin.

“No guns [were] allowed in the temple,” Kulbir Singh, an attendee of the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin, told FoxNews.com. “Everyone knows that it’s not allowed, anywhere in the temple.”

Stretch city.
Nope. That is a real life example of what happens when normal citizens try to play cops and heroes...
Anecdotal. Again, the illogic of the left.
Not at all. To the guy who was shot in the head as well as car-jacked, it's very real. Tell us though, why did the guy with the gun pick up his brass run away?
Again, anecdotal. Typical lefty non-argument.
You didn't answer the question. Why did the guy trying to play the hero using his gun run away?

Because of people like you.

Stretch city.

Actually, these are real life cases of the number of lives saved by armed Americans…

Wisconsin Sikh temple shooting - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia ( 6 dead, 4 wounded)

vs.

6 Shot At New Life Church Gunman 2 Churchgoers Dead - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com ( 2 dead, 3 wounded)

Remember This SC Concealed Carrier Stops Mass Shooting During Church Service. No Casualties. ( 0 dead)

Charleston ( 9 dead)

Osceola ( 0 dead )

The president of the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin had only a butter knife on hand, which he used to fight the gunman. He was killed, but his heroic actions were credited for slowing the shooter. Guns were not allowed in the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin.

“No guns [were] allowed in the temple,” Kulbir Singh, an attendee of the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin, told FoxNews.com. “Everyone knows that it’s not allowed, anywhere in the temple.”
So, what's your opinion of the guy who shot the victim, picked up his brass (AKA evidence) and fled?

Not at all. To the guy who was shot in the head as well as car-jacked, it's very real. Tell us though, why did the guy with the gun pick up his brass run away?
You didn't answer the question. Why did the guy trying to play the hero using his gun run away?
You mean people who think you aren't supposed to shoot an innocent (or guilty) person and then run away?

Tell us, what would have been the ethical thing to do in that case? Maybe help the guy you just shot? Wait for the cops?

Stretch city.

vs.

Charleston ( 9 dead)

Osceola ( 0 dead )

So, what's your opinion of the guy who shot the victim, picked up his brass (AKA evidence) and fled?

He should have stayed if he thought it was a good shoot. If it wasn't he'll be caught and sent through the system…after he committed the crime, just like all the other crimes.

And from what I heard…the first thing they did…was get a good guy there with a gun……to shoot the knifer.

I'd rather or prefer to call a cop which are trained not a wannabe hero and start shouting people. In chaotic, panic and confusing scenario like that. You may not know who is the bad or good guy The man with a knife or the man with a gun. If it happens that they are within my reach ( gun or the knife ) I beat one of them.

You mean people who think you aren't supposed to shoot an innocent (or guilty) person and then run away?

Tell us, what would have been the ethical thing to do in that case? Maybe help the guy you just shot? Wait for the cops?

No…people who will persecute people for defending themselves. And go easy on the criminal.

I'd rather or prefer to call a cop which are trained not a wannabe hero and start shouting people. In chaotic, panic and confusing scenario like that. You may not know who is the bad or good guy The man with a knife or the man with a gun. If it happens that they are within my reach ( gun or the knife ) I beat one of them.

Yeah…you must have missed this and all the other stories of Americans using guns effectively for self defense….

vs.

Charleston ( 9 dead)

Osceola ( 0 dead )

No…people who will persecute people for defending themselves. And go easy on the criminal.
How was this guy defending himself when he shot a car-jacking victim and then ran away? What should he have done instead of running away?

How was this guy defending himself when he shot a car-jacking victim and then ran away? What should he have done instead of running away?

Please link to the story so I know the exact details…then we can discuss it with accuracy….I won't trust your "facts" on the story….

Thank God it was a knife and not a gun.

And the only reason it wasn't a gun…because he chose not to use one…otherwise he would have walked into that gun free zone and murdered unarmed people…who would be obeying the gun free zone and not carrying guns to stop him……...

Please link to the story so I know the exact details…then we can discuss it with accuracy….I won't trust your "facts" on the story….
"HOUSTON -- One man is injured after a carjacking and shooting at a gas station in north Houston Saturday night.

Houston police responded to a shooting call around 11:15 p.m. Saturday at a Valero gas station on Jensen Drive at Reid Street in north Houston. Officials say two men jumped another man in the gas station parking lot and took the victim's Chevrolet pickup truck. Police say a witness then pulled out a gun and began shooting at the suspects, accidentally hitting the carjacking victim in the head.

The victim was transported to a nearby hospital where he remains in stable condition. Police say the witness who shot at the suspects picked up shell casings and left the scene. Police found the stolen pickup truck about a mile down the road but are still searching for the suspects."

One man injured after carjacking, shooting at gas station

"HOUSTON -- One man is injured after a carjacking and shooting at a gas station in north Houston Saturday night.

Houston police responded to a shooting call around 11:15 p.m. Saturday at a Valero gas station on Jensen Drive at Reid Street in north Houston. Officials say two men jumped another man in the gas station parking lot and took the victim's Chevrolet pickup truck. Police say a witness then pulled out a gun and began shooting at the suspects, accidentally hitting the carjacking victim in the head.

The victim was transported to a nearby hospital where he remains in stable condition. Police say the witness who shot at the suspects picked up shell casings and left the scene. Police found the stolen pickup truck about a mile down the road but are still searching for the suspects."

Had he stayed he would have a good chance of not being arrested. But with people like you around he panicked.

Had he stayed he would have a good chance of not being arrested. But with people like you around he panicked.
So, he did the right then in your opinion, shooting a man, picking up his brass, and running away?

And it wouldn't have been people like me there, he would have been dealing with the police eh?

And of course here is another car jacking where the gun owner simply holds the criminal for police…the way most self defense gun use ends..without a shot being fired…

Man holds suspected carjacker at gunpoint until police arrive

An East Point man held a would-be carjacker at gunpoint until police arrived and arrested the suspect, according to Atlanta police.

Hashim Fannin, the car owner, says the attempted carjacking occurred just after he had pulled into a parking spot at the Family Dollar on Marietta Boulevard in northwest Atlanta earlier this month.

Fannin says the man slipped into the passenger’s seat when his doors automatically unlocked.

“He told me, ‘You know what this is,’” Fannin said. That is when Fannin says he pulled his gun out.

“I asked him to get out the car, probably not in those exact words,” Fannin said.

“I told him no, there’s no leaving, leaving was before you hopped into my car ... at this point there is not leaving,” Fannin said.

The car owner kept the suspect, Edgar Horn, 61, at gunpoint face down in the parking lot for several minutes until police arrived.

“You were not trying to rob me,” Fannin said to the man on cellphone video of the incident. “Do you just get into random people's cars ... you thought I was your friend … you thought I was your friend ... so you woke up stupid this morning?”

When police arrived, you can see Fannin wave them over, and put his gun down. The police officer shakes his hand, before putting the suspect in handcuffs.

Forum List

Back