60 big companies that avoided all federal income taxes

Corporations don't pay an income tax.

They pay a corporate tax.

Two different animals with two different set of rules.

In reality corporations really don't pay any taxes in the literal sense. They just pass along any taxes to the consumers of their goods and services. Every cent a corporation pays to the filthy government is derived from the sale of the goods and services. It is the consumer of those goods and services that indirectly pays the tax,

Despicable, isn't it? Both the income and corporate tax suck. We need to get rid of both of them.

In a 2020 study by Scott R. Baker of Northwestern University, Stephen Teng Sun of City University of Hong Kong, and Constantine Yannelis of the University of Chicago estimate that 31 percent of the cost of an increase in corporate taxes is borne by consumers, 38 percent by workers, and 31 percent by shareholders, or about a third each. Other studies have found different ratios. A 2020 Tax Policy Center study, a joint effort between the Urban Institute and the Brookings Institution, estimates an 80–20 split between investors and labor. The Tax Foundation’s Stephen J. Entin estimated in 2017 that labor pays 70 percent or more of the corporate tax. Differences aside, these studies share a common conclusion: Ultimately, corporations themselves pay no corporate tax.

SO - if you raise corporate taxes as the democrats are always trying to do, ultimately the corporation itself really does not suffer. These guys will find legal ways to avoid their taxable income of spread that higher tax burden around to consumers, labor, or shareholders. But 1 thing is obvious IMHO: those big corps will find ways to reduce their tax burden as much as possible, which means the tax revenue that we are told the gov't will receive is always less than what we are told.

I am not familiar w/ this site so I don't know whether to trust it or not but I have heard from more than this site that some really big companies manage to avoid paying any federal income tax whatsoever..

(yes, I know... something like 50% of American individuals do not either..)
good for them,,

its every americans right and responsibility to pay as little in taxs as they can by any means at their disposal,,

good for them,,

its every americans right and responsibility to pay as little in taxs as they can by any means at their disposal,,
I'm not saying they were evil or corrupt or failed to pay taxes

I am saying th sick govt that allows them to is corrupt.

What? Are they supposed to just go into the IRS and voluntarily pay millions in taxes they don't want to pay but know they should?

ha ha... right

I'm not saying they were evil or corrupt or failed to pay taxes

I am saying th sick govt that allows them to is corrupt.

What? Are they supposed to just go into the IRS and voluntarily pay millions in taxes they don't want to pay but know they should?

ha ha... right
what taxs should they have paid??
not paying taxs you should pay is illegal so why no prosecutions???

what taxs should they have paid??
not paying taxs you should pay is illegal so why no prosecutions???
I'm not sure I get this. But i think we are agreeing.

I don't have a problem with people avoiding taxes if they LEGALLY can
What I have a problem with is the sick deep state who allow this to continue.. and frankly when the Rs take control, they need to do something about it. If that opinion makes me sound like a lib, so be it.

some of the libs who bring this up, however, never do a damn thing to stop it... just use it for... OMG, we can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!

political hay

oh, and they use it for another purpose also: they like getting donations from those huge companies.. which is totally related to the first reason of course

I'm not sure I get this. But i think we are agreeing.

I don't have a problem with people avoiding taxes if they LEGALLY can
What I have a problem with is the sick deep state who allow this to continue.. and frankly when the Rs take control, they need to do something about it. If that opinion makes me sound like a lib, so be it.

some of the libs who bring this up, however, never do a damn thing to stop it... just use it for... OMG, we can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!

political hay
thats because both parties made up the rules to allow this in the tax code,,

not paying doesnt mean they owe them and didnt pay,,

if they broke the law then prosecute,, but to whine because they followed the tax code and ended up not owing anything is a waste of time,,
I am sure each case is different in how they got there,,

as for me I see no problem breaking the law to avoid paying federal income taxs of any kind,,

starve the beast is what I say,,

Ok, how much income tax should a company pay with no income?
Amazon has zero income?

1hw27b.jpg

LoL!!!! I see what these rightwing idiots are trying to do, but little do they know, it's not going to work...

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC #AllTheGOPHasForAmericansIsCultureWarBS

LoL!!!! I see what these rightwing idiots are trying to do, but little do they know, it's not going to work...

It already has. LMAO

Let's see the Trumpster lemmings show any outrage over this.

Hint: They won't.

I'll never be outraged over private companies and individuals keeping THEIR money.

The government received record revenues this tax season. What's the bitching about?

Forum List

Back